Author Topic: So confused with the whole modding process  (Read 2661 times)

doncable

• View Profile
So confused with the whole modding process
« on: 2013-07-23 21:23:13 »
I downloaded FFVII from Steam and moved it to a different folder using Steam mover. Then, I downloaded the 1.02 patch and installed that, and then I downloaded the aali driver and installed that. Whenever I go to run the Config.exe from the aali driver, it says that it is "unable to locate registry key". I haven't seen this problem on the internet much, and whenever I do see it, no one has said how to fix it. Any tips?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: So confused with the whole modding process
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-24 05:39:37 »
I downloaded FFVII from Steam and moved it to a different folder using Steam mover.
PLEASE DO NOT USE "STEAM MOVER"
This Tool don't update the Registry, my FF7 GameConverter can not work correctly!
Preferring instead to move the whole Steam folder as described here.

Then, I downloaded the 1.02 patch and installed that, and then I downloaded the aali driver and installed that. Whenever I go to run the Config.exe from the aali driver, it says that it is "unable to locate registry key". I haven't seen this problem on the internet much, and whenever I do see it, no one has said how to fix it. Any tips?
Patch 1.02 and Aali's Driver will work ONLY on a 1998 Version from FF7.
You need to convert the Game.
Bootleg will maybe work with a moved Game and can convert it, my GC can handle only proper installed Version.