Author Topic: Random  (Read 13165 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Random
« on: 2010-10-07 06:16:12 »
I don't know, but I sure like the way Obesebear handles things here. No, I'm not being sarcastic at all! It's always nice how you just easily PWN the newbies that talk about illegal copies of FF7, Ultima edition such, and also requesting how to insert ripped models, etc. Just basically want to say... You're one intimidating man.

I've always felt I've gotten along with you, even though we wouldn't really converse, but I don't recall ever being in such an altercation with you. You were one that I respected and probably always will be, unless anything drastic happens haha j/k.

What was the point in all this? Just to basically say that you're a good moderator. I don't think I've ever told you this, but, well here I am. :D

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: Random
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-07 08:13:04 »
This board exists so users can give head to moderators, now ?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-07 10:41:11 »
It does? Man i've been missing out.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-07 11:45:58 »
It does? Man i've been missing out.

On getting or giving?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-07 14:56:12 »
Well thanks, man.  I appreciate it.

This board exists so users can give head to moderators, now ?
If so, we definitely need a better female/male ratio

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-07 15:10:36 »
It's good to have order around here.  I was sick of how it used to be.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-07 15:11:50 »
I believe this could have been said in a pm. And also, if he's such an intimidating man, why didn't he chastise you about this -

Use meaningful, specific subject headers

When posting a new thread, consider the subject header carefully. The subject is your opportunity to attract people to your thread, so it's in your own best interests to use it properly.

Stupid: HELP ME!!

Smart: Help required with getting model into FF7

Smarter: FF7 model importing issues - problem with assigning textures.

or

:-\The Qhimm Forum is not your "blog".

What we mean by this, is please don't create mindless threads that are off-topic to the community.

If you have a topic of reasonable discussion to post, then by all means, please post away and let the intelligent discussion begin. However, we do not want to see random posts of "I ate cookies today" or "My car is blue", etc. etc. Even within the Completely Unrelated forum, there is no place on Qhimm for such threads. They provide no topic for discussion and are generally useless and become filled with useless replies.

It makes one think.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-07 15:50:15 »
Stuff
Seriously, quit whining.  I'm pretty sure you said you're in college, but if I were to guess I'd say you're 14.   I'm also relatively certain that whining/complaining is part of the rules and shouldn't be broken.   I personally like this forum because it isn't a lot of preteens and children.

"Boohoo I got warned."  Grow up.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-07 15:54:29 by obesebear »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-07 15:57:49 »
I was just pointing out something that I thought would agree with his point. Sorry I offended you, Mr. Moderator. There's no need to question my age or whether or not I'm telling the truth. I was.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-07 16:10:51 »
Right.  Whine again about how things are handled here, and you can 1. Leave on your own terms or 2.  Be muted.

I'm sure everyone here has problems with members complimenting/thanking other members...  Had drfeelgud88 said something nice about you you wouldn't have complained, so please, don't insult my intelligence.

Anyways, unless you can convince Qhimm that you are somehow a necessary part of these forums, I'd suggest you choose your next posts carefully.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-07 16:34:23 »
I mostly agree with drfeelgud. It's really nice having an active moderator, and every thread not turning into troll feeding the way it had been for a while. It's gotten peaceful here.
Although you can bet your ass I'm gonna fight to have that quoting-images rule taken away. Or at least rephrased. Such as "no excessive quoting of images" or "no massive quotenests with images in them". That's the one thing I never even slightly agreed with obesebear about.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-10-07 16:42:09 »
You're right about the quoting images rule...and I was actually thinking about it not too long ago.  The reason it was made NO QUOTING EVER was because there isn't a way to really define what denotes excessive.   We kept it that way to avoid the "well I quoted 2 images and so did he, so why did only I get warned?"

If most people would rather "No excessive quoting", we can change it.   Well, considering halkun and sl have no gripes.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-10-07 17:55:01 »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #13 on: 2010-10-07 18:12:41 »
Oh wow. I come back and I see some tension? Lol.

Head... That one made me laugh (not sarcastically)

Also, I'm posting on behalf on the moderation here. That wasn't a straight up personal statement like "I like that guy". No. It was a statement of profession such as "Oh, I like how this guy handles things. It certainly has improved from the past and I can honestly post without a concern of such altercations."

Also, that video Timu, LMAO. That movie's FTW. :D

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-10-07 19:19:58 »
Well obesebear, I apologized for offending you. I said nothing in my last post to whine or degrade you or anything. I have made no contributions to this forum. At all. The only thing I can think of was helping Mendelevium on a project, but that was for just ideas. I like the completely unrelated and genereal forums. That's where I post, outside of asking for help (which always seems to come back in a negative response). Furthermore, I never said anything about the ass kissing that was implied by Armorvil, I only implied that this post could have been moderated to the effect that drfeelgud implied as "handled well." So please, don't consider this whining, because if I was doing that I would have already been banned and muted and chastised and made an example of and had been considered the next lulzy troll to stalk these forums. I just said that this was not something I would have put in a post, but rather in a pm. I said nothing in disagreement either. So where does this feeling of threat come in? I never said anyone was a bad moderator. I just said it was something to think about. /confused.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-10-07 21:55:22 »
Thx kudi! I arr lazeh :P

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-10-07 23:32:52 »
This thred has just a hint of alpha male vulgarity: P.

guitar_dudester91: Relax chill out m~kay no need to stay angry I think Qhimm's admin team is amazing and does a good job.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-10-08 00:04:40 »
Ok. Well I don't believe there was anger in that post, but ok.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #19 on: 2010-10-08 00:41:59 »
Well I'm not too bothered by guitar_dudester91's post, it was more of a "Where the fuck did that come from?" Not in a horrible, way, more like a shock.

The post that was irrelevant and out of the ordinary was Armorvil's post, but he just posted that for lulz. Though it seemed to have created a conversation amongst everyone else. :D

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-10-08 00:46:46 »
Thank you drfeelgud. Thank you. I appreciate it ha.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-10-08 00:59:28 »
More stuff
Right.  I have to fix a minimum of 5 posts a day, not including whatever sl and halkun catch before me... and I can't think of one instance where you've tried to help in moderating.  It's interesting how that when I get brought up, suddenly you're all for finding problems with the post and what rules it might break.  So on the off chance that you actually haven't yet realized that, now you know.   If there are any further questions, please refer to the signature under my avatar.

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: 2010-10-08 01:15:43 »
Sometimes, while I'm roaming the forums, I find all the people that obesebear gets annoyed with (9 out of 10 people ;P) and it's just like a slice of awesomeness combined with well-used authority. Not to mention the perfect sarcasm that makes you want to chuckle and shake your head at the rule-breaker.

The "I don't like you" quote fits so perfectly. It's believable too :P

I enjoy a moderator, who not only should be respected, but deserves, commands, and recieves that respect.
This goes for sl too, because I usually catch a few of his irritated responses while browsing too.
When these people with an almost comic stupidity get caught, their sarcastic admonishment is perfect.

I give props to halkun for being the most upfront, cut and dry enforcement as well. As there is a place for everyone's style.

Kudos to all the Mods... because I'm in a good mood lol.  :-D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-10-08 01:28:56 »
I don't understand what all of this is about but all I have to say about the moderation around here is this: Love it or hate it you must live with it. It's not like you have any choice :P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #24 on: 2010-10-08 01:32:02 »
It is basically like at a job or anything of the sort: Listen to your managers, if not, you know where the door is.

Pretty much sl1982 summed it up: Love it or hate it.