Author Topic: Closing in on release date for Story mod!  (Read 15460 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Closing in on release date for Story mod!
« on: 2014-02-06 19:21:31 »
First if this is the wrong place please move the thread.  Now to business first of all if you guys are worried that I have scrapped any progress on my mods then worry no longer.  I still plan to make a release and will place my story mod as priority one.  The battle stance will be completed hopefully soon after.  I am doing them together though probably stop at about halfway.  I may post the mod in a demo stage being only having the first disc be playable form.  If this topic stays open I may have it be my update page.  I am thinking of posting on a website I opened awhile back for it being the main hub.  I'll post a link in here when I get it done.  Also just a suggestion but would it be beneficial to make a topic thread to make a list of all the modders that have a website?  I think it would make the site less cluttered.

Update time:  So I am making changes to how I initially set things.  Starting magic will be different and found out that most of field models share the same animation so you just have to change the main file and it'll work.  As soon as the new battle lgp finishes then i'll make the demo video and launch it on my website and here.  Story is still in the rough draft stages and probably will be even after release.  Hang tight fans i'll release something from the compilation soon.

update time part 2: So I am proud to say the demo video of the mods are going up as I type this.  Will post it as soon as it finishes and will probably launch the website soon afterwards.

update 3: website now online http://modderhaven.webs.com/.

update 4!: So now I believe I am finally out of the starting midgar area.  I am about to start testing the story soon to see if I got everything to work right.

update 5: posted a new news thread.

update 6: so getting just about done with replacing the field models in the scenes that will be used.  Once I finish putting in the new boss in the city and get it to work I will finish replacing the models and focus on where to make the new final area be at.  I'm going to try to make it so you have to have the Masamune completed to progress inside.  Site will get an update later.

update 7: Finished replacing Sephiroth and Cloud.  Aerith is also mostly done changed the script and added dialogue to reflect if she is in the party or not if you take her into the temple on the second disc you should notice.  I asked for the Nibelhiem reactor scene from the hardcore mod and that is where the final battle will be.  Also Cloud will replace Cait except during the temple scene.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-17 01:25:02 by genesis063 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Still planning on finishing the mods
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-07 03:09:39 »
That's nice to be reading from you!
« Last Edit: 2014-03-26 11:59:36 by LeonhartGR »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-15 06:24:04 »
Thanks bro glad to see that people are still looking forward to them.  Say have you gotten into the FF14 online?

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-15 15:34:56 »
I am still keeping an eye out for updates too, cant wait   :D

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2014-02-15 22:28:05 »
About FFXIV... I've got L28 with an Arcanist and need to update my subscri[tion as soon as I find 30 days to spare on...

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-16 04:04:23 »
@deadmaninblack: Thanks man I am putting a demo video together.  I just learned about editing AB files to edit some animations in battle.  This could mean I can give him animations where he doesnt.  I just need to find and figure it out.
@LeonhartGR: nice still only at level 17 on my main class.  Want to make a guild or whatever they call it?

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
You guys playing the PC or PS3/4 version of FFXIV?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Though it doesn't matter since they are sharing the same servers due to the cross-platform compatibility, I play and prefer the pc version. I would prefer to play on a ps4 but I'm a little skeptical about the only gamepad support. If I could use a mouse and keyboard along I would of course prefer the ps4 version. But in the other hand I can use a sweetfx graphic mod on the pc which makes it much more prettier.

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
Oh really cross platform from the start awesome been playing Warframe and they havent implemented it yet though it is on the to do list.

Well funny you should say that apparently it does have mouse/keyboard support, well it did in the settings I dont have a bluetooth keyboard to try it though it maybe something I invest in as to be honest I am expecting other MMO's to be ported over such as SWTOR .

Only thing I would say is FFXIV is obviously made for PC as such the resolution of the text, hud ect is high and pretty much unreadable in its current format my TV is small by todays standard but it is 42" and I cant ready the text from 8 feet away apparently it is something that will be corrected post Beta.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-03 10:04:01 by DeadManInBlack »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I'm glad I found a fellow supporter on the font size matter. I've already filed several reports like many others but if you have people like some steam users who are telling me to wear glasses then figure out why they wont fix it...

genesis063

• View Profile
I have decided to remove the random battles from the flashback and the dragon fight.  I think the reason why Sephiroth/Cloud/Kyte isn't showing up is because you already have Vincent since they technically share a slot.  Until I find a fix this will be the solution.  I am also thinking of using Cloud as a replacement for Cait.  I got the idea while reading through the reunion thread.  Any thoughts on the idea and what I should do for the black materia scene when it collaspes the temple?

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
Sorry it may help if you could perhaps could tell us a brief breakdown of what the  story will be so we can try to help.

Hmmm changing Cait  maybe hard as he is used in temple crushing scene I just cant see Cloud having the same impact as a fluffy cat on a big Moogle in some respects I kinda would like to see Cloud replace Barret and have him go with Sephiroth through Midgar he has cocky arrogance about him to begin with plus you can tie him in with Tifa ect more then.

genesis063

• View Profile
Interesting take plus I could have Vincent do the crush thing and find a way to come back later.  Square has done worse just reviving Tidus out of nowhere after the end of X-2 since he was made while the Aeons are locked in sleep.  I'll probably do two versions one where Vincent is partnered with Sephiroth at the beginning and then one where Sephiroth is training Cloud and such.  I'll divulge the Cloud aspect for what I am forming.  Basically a said example above Cloud is an up incoming soldier and been on some missions with Sephiroth prior.  After hearing the accusations Cloud was approached by the turks to infiltrate the group formed.  However knowing Sephiroth and admiring him wanted to get to the bottom of it and see for himself what is going on with Sephiroth.  So then basically he learns the ugly truth and makes a stand to help.  Actually i'm getting another idea for the materia thing.  You guys will have to wait and see.  For now i'm more focused on changing the models around and making some story alterations.  I'll focus more on the story after I am done with the models.

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
Hmmm interesting sounds good :) , just to add to the Cloud version seeing as Marlene will still be in it you could say that Cloud and Tifa are looking after her for Barret as really Barret only has like 2 major plot points the Corel parts and Dyne at the Golden Saucer all of which could be altered to reference him without being there.

Very true about Tidus and well seeing as Vincent is the Final Fantasy version of Dracula death is only the begining lol

genesis063

• View Profile
Well guys it time to tell you story is getting near completion.  Almost done swapping out the models with Cloud and Sephiroth.  Now after that all I have to do is swap Barret out for Aerith in all the parts she isn't in it after she dies.  Now after that got to figure out how to fit Cloud in and alter the file to make Kyte separate from him.  That will probably take the most work or what I could do is make a copy and rename the files to make it easier then just edit the other model and call it a day.  I'll give another update when I finished swapping Aerith with Barret and just need to figure out how to get the final piece of the component for the masamune and create a script to put them together and give you the item.  They will not be key items as I had difficulty adding them in to the inventory.  Also upon release of the full mod if you guys have a better way to the models to do something or make the items key items be my guest.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

when is this mod going to be released for public download

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
It'll take a little while longer get need to fix some issues during test playthroughs and what not.  It will be a little while longer yet.  I will try to have it out before next year though and doubt it'll take me that long.  Keep in mind this is the length of the main game.  In the third disc I need to make sure everything fires off right and need to figure when the ending content will take place and how to make it not appear before the last part of the game.  Hang in there fans don't plan to abandon this project.

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
I am still about just keeping checking in every couple of days  :D

genesis063

• View Profile
I think I am about half way done.  Going through the script in the highwind now.  Needed to fix the script points that have barret in them.  After that i'll probably change Cloud and Cait Sith out.  I think I can leave the Temple thing just change the text to make it so Cloud phones in a Cait Sith.  Then i'll probably do one more playthrough to make sure it was done right.  After that i'll probably release it.  The only thing after that is i'll probably try to make Kyte a new model as I had to overwrite the 2nd class soldiers.

Hitachis

• View Profile
Hey

who is the new main bad guy in your new story mod

or are you going to wait to surprize us when you release the mod

thanks

genesis063

• View Profile
Not much will be shown of him.  After the initial release I may think up a way to do a prequel like what crisis core did.  Then I may try to make a sequel or some sort maybe.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Wow!  :o
You have made your own site. Really nice. Why don't you call it 'Project S' like in Crisis Core?

genesis063

• View Profile
Can't believe I didn't think of that.  I may change it who knows.  Also I may take some time off to work on my books.

Pixel

• View Profile
Hey guys I have waited 4 years before joining this site to see that final fantasy VII Modding is now alive! I am a 3D artist and I hope I can help here   8-)

I am happy to be here finally! :)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Hey guys I have waited 4 years before joining this site to see that final fantasy VII Modding is now alive! I am a 3D artist and I hope I can help here   8-)

I am happy to be here finally! :)

We need some help.

Edit
Ha, I knew the name is familiar.  :-D
« Last Edit: 2014-04-13 21:59:19 by Kaldarasha »