Author Topic: Aali's driver [v 0.7.8b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions  (Read 183262 times)

Dynamic

Re: Aali's driver [v 0.7.8b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions
« Reply #275 on: 2010-10-19 18:28:00 »
Code: [Select]
window_size_x = 720

window_size_y = 480

preserve_aspect = no

fullscreen = no
Why would you do this? The game natively runs at 640x480. If you want it in windowed mode, try changing that 720 to 640.
I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, I fixed my problem. After I selected the custom drive I turned on the nVidia checkbox selected the 128 option and all good.

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2010-10-19 19:03:56 »
I have no idea what's going on, the game literally just stop running for no reason. The only change I made was replacing an older version of Aali's driver with the latest. Here's the app.log

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.8b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1600x900, output resolution 1600x900, internal resolution 1920x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Users\Public\Games\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Users\Public\Games\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
UNEXPECTED: invalid blendmode (458756)
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
ERROR: unhandled exception

Field Start
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND
BLEND MODE NOT FOUND

Blendmode?
Here's my config if anything

# ff7_opengl-0.7.8b config file

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = none

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1600
window_size_y = 900
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = no

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
# this option is for modders only, it's useful to find out which texture to replace and which palettes it needs
show_missing_textures = no

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2010-10-19 19:30:53 »
Dynamic:
But.. that option has absolutely no effect on the custom driver. Changing to a resolution which doesn't require scaling would still have been a good idea though, could be that the FBO was acting up.

Tuxedo:
Thats some messed up shit you got there. I'd say you have some corrupted data files or something.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2010-10-20 00:44:59 »
Hey Aali, this is a small bug which isn't much but, after i upgraded to 0.7.8b whenever i quit the game the ff7.exe process stays open, and i have to end it myself all the time. I had the same problem with a much older version as well, but that was fixed when i updated a while back. Any idea what could be causing this?

Terid__K

« Reply #279 on: 2010-10-20 01:12:59 »
Hey Aali, this is a small bug which isn't much but, after i upgraded to 0.7.8b whenever i quit the game the ff7.exe process stays open, and i have to end it myself all the time. I had the same problem with a much older version as well, but that was fixed when i updated a while back. Any idea what could be causing this?

Do you have compatibility mode turned on? That's almost always the culprit in this case.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2010-10-20 01:45:16 »
Wow, that was it. I remembered it does that as soon as I read your post too lol. I have no idea why compatibility mode was on in the first place, I don't remember turning it on, and I never needed it anyway.

Whatever, it works, sorry for bothering you Aali.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2010-10-20 02:21:44 »
Covarr's ff7music installer turns it on i think.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2010-10-20 03:59:45 »
Covarr's ff7music installer turns it on i think.

Really? That makes sense now because i upgraded the opengl driver right before i tried the FF7music installer.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2010-10-20 04:04:45 »
Yeah, that's my fault. Compatibility mode is needed for FF7Music in Vista and 7, though I'll set it not to turn it on in XP in future releases, since it's been reported that it works just fine without. 7 (and probably Vista) also doesn't have the problem with FF7 not closing, so everything works out nicely!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2010-10-20 07:06:49 »
window_size_x = 720

window_size_y = 480

preserve_aspect = no

fullscreen = no
Why would you do this? The game natively runs at 640x480. If you want it in windowed mode, try changing that 720 to 640.

A good window would be 800*600 (especially for avalanche graphics windowed). 800/640 = 1.25, 600/480 = 1.25.   but you are right, the original is 640*480 and you should always try to use equal multiples.  Certainly not 720*480.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-20 07:08:26 by DLPB »

ILiKeRpGs

« Reply #285 on: 2010-10-23 16:22:26 »
I know you guys probably get asked for help on this alot, but I really wanna try the graphic mods and such with ff7. I downloaded the 1.2 patch and tried to install the Aali custom driver patch, but when I try to load game i get an error message. Here's the App log.

INFO: Intel Intel 845G 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.3889
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST

Aali

• View Profile
Re: ERROR: unhandled exception
« Reply #286 on: 2010-10-23 16:27:39 »
Known problem, try to update your graphics drivers, if that doesn't work you'll have to wait for the next release or use an older version, like 0.7.3b.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2010-10-23 19:36:49 »
This is a very small quirk, not really a problem, but the Credits at the beginning roll way too fast. Again, it's not much of a problem but occasionally i sit at that screen to listen to the prelude.  ::) Is it possible for you to include a framelimiter for that portion? It really doesn't affect the game in any way so doesn't matter if you don't.

Also i noticed that while the bloom looks plain bad in a lot of places, in some places it could look good. Do you have plans to add any way to adjust the intensity in future versions? I feel with a bit of tweaking it could be subtle enough to make the game look really good.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2010-10-23 22:20:41 »
Credits (and everything else) abides by vsync, at 60hz its certainly not too fast. The driver does not and probably will not include any framelimiting that isn't based on vsync.

If you are refering to the postprocessing shader that comes bundled with the driver its just a proof of concept. Its not really meant to be used out of the box.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2010-10-23 22:31:32 »
This is a very small quirk, not really a problem, but the Credits at the beginning roll way too fast. Again, it's not much of a problem but occasionally i sit at that screen to listen to the prelude.  ::) Is it possible for you to include a framelimiter for that portion? It really doesn't affect the game in any way so doesn't matter if you don't.

I went into this in a video.  The credits move 2X faster to compensate for the 2X greater distance to the PSX version (which runs at 320*240 and not 640*480).  However, the font itself is not as good as the PSX and it begins its scroll at the wrong time.

See here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDzDYo8OjP0

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2010-10-23 23:21:24 »
Credits (and everything else) abides by vsync, at 60hz its certainly not too fast. The driver does not and probably will not include any framelimiting that isn't based on vsync.

Odd, because i have v-sync enabled and it seems to limit everything everything but the menu credits. That's why i thought perhaps it was unconnected.

For me the credits are done within about 1/4 of the prelude song.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-23 23:24:47 by bloodshot »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2010-10-23 23:28:36 »
also it doesn't limit the menu which correctly runs at 60fps, just like the credit screen.

ILiKeRpGs

No mods for me :(
« Reply #292 on: 2010-10-24 14:54:49 »
I've tried and tried to get the aali custom driver to work, but no luck. Did everything step by step...downloaded the 1.02 patch, the save files were in the folder, and using non-ultima version. When I go to config the driver I can see "Open GL (BROKEN)" in the drop down menu when selecting customer driver, even though I still get the "ok" popup saying it's ready to go. I even tried the old Saints High Res mod. The game actually started but never got pass the opening sequence. Any tips?? I really wanna try out all these graphic mods and such

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: No mods for me :(
« Reply #293 on: 2010-10-24 18:36:22 »
I've tried and tried to get the aali custom driver to work, but no luck. Did everything step by step...downloaded the 1.02 patch, the save files were in the folder, and using non-ultima version. When I go to config the driver I can see "Open GL (BROKEN)" in the drop down menu when selecting customer driver, even though I still get the "ok" popup saying it's ready to go. I even tried the old Saints High Res mod. The game actually started but never got pass the opening sequence. Any tips?? I really wanna try out all these graphic mods and such

I've found the problem. Don't pick "Open GL": pick "Custom Driver" instead. Your drop-down menu does have a custom driver option, doesn't it? Because if it doesn't, then you have an extremely odd problem.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2010-10-24 19:25:54 »
Actually as I understood it he did pick the custom driver. Anyway an app.log would be helpful.

ILiKeRpGs

« Reply #295 on: 2010-10-25 01:53:28 »
Actually as I understood it he did pick the custom driver. Anyway an app.log would be helpful.

Yes, I did pick custom driver. Just uninstalled then reinstalled the game to try it again, but once again no luck. Here's the App log.

INFO: Intel Intel 845G 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4342
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2010-10-25 03:51:11 »
Ah, its you.. You already posted that and I already answered, like 10 posts up.

ILiKeRpGs

« Reply #297 on: 2010-10-25 12:31:08 »
I've tried a couple of older versions and updated the drivers, still no luck. My graphics controller is an Intel 828456 and I downloaded updated drivers from the Intel site. Just incase I may have did something wrong I'll list step by step of my procedure.

1. Play game and save all ten slots

2. Copy Config and .exe file from 1.02 patch to FF7 directory

3. Copy all files from Custom driver folder into ff7 directory

4. run cofig and choose custom driver

I've just noticed that when I use the 1.02 patch and try to play the game (before installin custom driver) the game won't load. Just a black screen. Cant even exit out, have to restart the computer.

Thug

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2010-10-25 12:41:23 »
Hello. Thanks for the great driver for the great game :) Yet I need some help.

I prefer my monitor to work in 85Hz mode, but the game always starts with 60Hz, despite it is setted 85 in dxdiag settings. So I have to switch to monitor settings and set 85Hz manually every time I start the game. It's inconvenient...

Also, is there an another way to get 30 fps in minigames than calculating it by halving the refresh rate value?
« Last Edit: 2010-10-26 09:59:20 by Thug »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2010-10-25 16:44:23 »
Hi Aali, I have a feature suggestion.
FF7 PSX had a feature that reset the game if you pressed L1, L2, R1, R2, Start, Select buttons at the same time.
As far as I know, FF7 PC does not have that (I could be wrong, but it has never worked for me).

Would you be able to implement it into your driver?
It's really nice to be able to load another save quickly, I have seen a lot of people want a 'load' option on the menu, but this is better since you can do it in battle.