Author Topic: Resizing ingame screens (image and movie)  (Read 32527 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Resizing ingame screens (image and movie)
« Reply #75 on: 2009-06-21 17:47:15 »

FF7 PSX is 2 min 07 and 1914 frames

FF7 PC is 1 min 59 sec and 1791 frames.

Ok I have figured it out.... it is a bug with PSXMC....

It stops at 1791/1792 but is reporting a 1914 frame video....which it isn't :) When it encodes it is filling in the "missing" frames with the last frame.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 17:49:35 by Seifer Almasy »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-06-21 17:51:37 »
hey siefer i just tested PSXMC freeware edition and when converting the movie to AVI it does add frames. So i think we have located the problem. either try using PSXVIDEO from
http://www.feldoncentral.com/psxvideo/
or use PSXMC and just cut the end few frames off.
I used PSXVIDEO and the video was 1min 57secs
when i used PSXMC 2min 7secs

I own the PAL game (original not a copy or a image) since i live in the UK (and it also says PAL on the front of the box)

It may just be a problem with PSXMC alltogether.

EDIT:- ah i see you have found the problem. You replied while i was writing this.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009-06-21 17:55:23 »
PSXMC is much better app aside from the bug.  I will just chop it to correct frame rate using sony vegas.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009-06-21 18:23:51 »
ok now i am looking into the audio. And you were right that the PSX audio was way higher in quality. But there is 1 small problem. Listen to the opening on the PSX AVI then the PC AVI, notice the difference. Thats right the PSX version doesnt have the music. it must store the music somewhere else (coz i am sure i remember the music when i played FF7 on the PSX originally). So we might have to use the PC audio or extract the PSX msuic then dub it over for the sound.

Also i am now looking into what codecs i can make work with ff7 but mostly its only PCM uncompressed or either of the ADPCM codecs i have. I tried Mp3 and that crashed giving me the usual windows error report but the mod name for the crash was "msvcr90.dll" where as with the AAC i get the same type of crash but the report shows that its "ff7_opengl.fgd" mod that crashed. its weird that different codecs cause different crashes. so i am looking further into this. And with the PSX audio i can try more codecs since its higher quality it will most likey have more support but i cant be sure of that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009-06-21 18:30:29 »
Aali will have to sort AAC out I feel.

As for music, yup I am aware and I own the full OST.  It is very very simple to add it to the video again in sync :) :P

PSX uses a proprietary sequential music like a midi and overlays it.  

I made my own opening recently with black mages music, I accidentally deleted from youtube and will add it again.  if anything the lack of music in the psx version is a great thing because now I can add the high quality CD version.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 18:32:10 by Seifer Almasy »

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-06-21 18:42:46 »
ok now i am looking into the audio. And you were right that the PSX audio was way higher in quality. But there is 1 small problem. Listen to the opening on the PSX AVI then the PC AVI, notice the difference. Thats right the PSX version doesnt have the music. it must store the music somewhere else (coz i am sure i remember the music when i played FF7 on the PSX originally). So we might have to use the PC audio or extract the PSX msuic then dub it over for the sound.

Also i am now looking into what codecs i can make work with ff7 but mostly its only PCM uncompressed or either of the ADPCM codecs i have. I tried Mp3 and that crashed giving me the usual windows error report but the mod name for the crash was "msvcr90.dll" where as with the AAC i get the same type of crash but the report shows that its "ff7_opengl.fgd" mod that crashed. its weird that different codecs cause different crashes. so i am looking further into this. And with the PSX audio i can try more codecs since its higher quality it will most likey have more support but i cant be sure of that.

Please report any crashes you get along with a copy of crash.dmp and APP.LOG.
You should also make a copy of the movie file you were trying to play, in case I need it to reproduce the crash.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009-06-21 19:40:04 »
Ah well it sounds like you have most things sorted out then seifer. but can i ask why your so obsessed with AAC ? wouldnt Mp3 or AC3 do just as good ? (i know they dont work yet but i was just wondering out of curiosity) i mean i know AAC is a high quality codec but will it improve the sound that much on a old audio file or is it because you plan to add higher audio into it that you need AAC ?

ok Aali just uploaded the crash data here. It has the APP log and the crash.dmp and i also included the video. It just appears to be whenever i use any audio apart from PCM uncompressed or PCM ADPCM i get this crash.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tvb5yzt53tg

Also Aali if you dont mind me asking do you have plans to add AAC support in the future or not ? (please feel free not to answer or to tell me to stop asking stupid questions because most people tend to)
Or is Mp3 or AAC already supported but just not working for me ?

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-06-21 20:26:20 »
FFMpeg has AAC and MP3 codecs already, which means the driver does too.
Some codecs may not play nice with my (somewhat naive) player implementation, this I may be able to fix.
However, I won't be spending a lot of time fixing something that is only useful to modders.

:EDIT:
The crash you're getting is an alignment issue, FFMpeg needs to be compiled with a newer version of gcc. Probably won't be fixed anytime soon.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 21:53:10 by Aali »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009-06-21 22:04:26 »
ok thanks for that Aali. Its good to know atleast it wasnt my fault (i wasnt sure if it was or wasnt but now i know for sure). And its not really a problem that nothing can be done about. All i have to do is use a PCM codec that doesnt crash which isnt a problem for me. i Also understand that other features proberly come first and somthing like this might not even get done at all since there are more important things (like the program palmer your working on is proberly way more important then somthing small like this)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009-06-22 00:25:45 »
because to make it H264 with AAC is to make it a fully complient MP4.  To use any other codec is to make a hybrid which is not what the spec was designed for and Sony vegas will not even allow you to do it.  PCM is too large and ADPCM too crap....
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 01:32:01 by Seifer Almasy »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-06-22 15:54:03 »
i have just been reading up on the ADPCM codec and your right the quality drop rate is quite high so i guess that one is out,
I have been working on different codecs all day and i have found the the AAC codec can be used just not with H264 video (which is kinda the whole point),
It works fine if you use it with Xvid or Divx (and proberly others to but i am not gonna waste my time trying 100's of different video codecs as well).
So if you really need AAC audio you could try using a different video codec but it would become a question of which one ?