Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850255 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1900 on: 2012-09-10 01:22:28 »
This is I have, a Radeon HD6970. What is supposed to be a good choice between them ?

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2012-09-11 14:46:29 »
hi @PitBrat and @EQ2Alyza how do i change the battle menu back to ff7 interface? without! reinstalling? i want to do it manually. if that's possible thank you again for this wonderful bootleg and mods.
Edit:ok i figured out how to do it and i forgot to mention that it's the menu overhaul option im kinda not new at this modding business cause im a fast learner when it comes to computers and game mods. but back to the point.... i still cant get MO to custom install only the things i want which is the save anywhere cheat, invincible cheat, and lucky cait & tifa mods. what i do is replace just the patched menu overhaul of the FF7.exe with the official FF7 102 patch than i open MO.exe again and only select the cheats i stated above but i install it in a different dir. cause i don't want it to uninstall the mods that i manually installed. i hope all this info helps you with helping me. ill check up on here when i get the chance.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11 17:07:25 by lizardlair00 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1902 on: 2012-09-11 19:32:11 »
When you open MO.exe, there should be an option at the bottom to uninstall and restore from the back up folder. Do that, play the game to make sure it reverted, then once confirmed, do another install of Menu Overhaul with your new settings.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2012-09-11 20:49:58 »
@EQ2Alyza
ok um theres no backup of my files that MO should of made but it didn't. :(
but when i try it again with the 102 patch of the ff7.exe(after i recopy it from the bootleg.exe files that i've extracted)(sorry @PitBrat if thats not aloud, i didn't feel like redownloading the files that are already in bootleg.exe... i know i'm lazy) but it says that im missing the HextEditor.exe file but I have it elsewhere that i downloaded but i guess MO.exe doesn't. how can i fix it do it does have HextEditor.exe in it's files? i allready redownloaded it twice i don't think another try will help but ill give it ONE more try.
oh and when i do succeed with the file it patches it all wrong the way that i don't want
and another thing.... since i do have the hextexitor.exe i tryed to do what MO.exe does when it patches the ff7.exe but the game crashes when an enemy attacks cause of the *edit:invincible cheat* its wrong or something i tryed to look for the hex code on the web but couldn't find it. but thank you for the future help.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-11 21:19:08 by lizardlair00 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 2012-09-11 21:07:43 »
Your round about ways seem to cause more trouble than needed. This is found in the License Agreement when installing Menu Overhaul. It should be clear what needs to be done after reading it.

Code: [Select]
=================================================
INSTALLER:

DISABLE UAC or RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

FOR A FIRST INSTALL MAKE SURE THAT FF7.EXE HAS NOT
BEEN TOUCHED BY 9999HP PATCHES. 

It is recommended that you install the Menu Overhaul LAST.

To Install: Run the installer.
You need to have Aali's custom driver properly installed.

To Reinstall: This installer should allow you to install multiple
times without any side effects. If you wanted to include something
which you missed the first time, re-running the installation a second
time should pose no problems. Running the installer a second time
will NOT overwrite anything in the backup folder because I am clever
and think of everything.

To Backup: This installer automatically backs-up your files in
"BACKUP-dlpb" folder, found inside the main game folder.

To Uninstall: Select uninstall.
The BACKUP-dlpb folder requires manual deletion to ensure
that there are no problems.  Remember to delete this for
a full uninstall.

If you choose to uninstall, all other options you have selected
will be ignored. 

=================================================
WARNING:

Do *not* install this mod on any non English 1.02 Exe.
The differences mean the result will be a corrupted
game file which cannot be corrected.

Do *not* use this installer if you intend keeping the original graphics.
If you want to have a mod that works with the old font and graphics,
download our older mod, "Menu reconstruction 004" found here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10604.0

It is recommended that you do *not* install the Remix Patch.

lizardlair00

• View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 2012-09-11 21:32:06 »
ok, I'm dreadfully sorry for not reading that @DLPB ,next time i see one of those i WILL read it. and read it carefully i will. not that i will always understand it though cause i'm only 16 with a 3rd-5th(ish) grade reading average. and im STILL in 9th grade :( *not too bright* but yes i will read the ToS's and License Agreements (rules). but ll just give up on the matter of invincible cheat... i used the YAMP cheats though that are with the Menu Overhaul installer thank you for that info so i don't get in trouble like that again.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2012-09-12 14:30:49 »
Hello everybody..
I have a little 'menu difference' in battle between my ff7 bootleged, and thoses of I can see in video. As you can see in the screens, I haven't like other guys the rectangular blue boxes where there is the commands : attack, magic, etc.. but no box.
Here is a screen from MY config :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here is a screen taken on a video of others :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Am I wrong before running bootleg ? Is it a choice to check( FF X battle style checkbox for example ? ) Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: 2012-09-12 14:32:20 by ManuBBXX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2012-09-12 14:56:28 »
@ManuBBXX

That blue box is called the Command Box. You can turn it on and off with the "Hide Command Box" option in Bootleg. It is seen on the "Overhaul" tab here:

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 2012-09-12 14:58:20 »
Woww, thank you so much @EQ2Alyza for your quick and nice answer for me  :)
Can I ask you what do you prefer between both ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2012-09-12 15:11:42 »
You are welcome  :)

What do I prefer? Well these look nice to me:

1) FFX Battle Style [check], Hide Command Box [check]

OR

2) Felix Style Menu (FFIX) [check], Hide Command Box [blank]

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 2012-09-12 15:38:44 »
Okay, thanks again. I tested with FFX style and show the command box and it looks anyway pretty good.
Don't tried the Felix FFIX. Do you prefer it than the FFX style ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2012-09-12 18:50:40 »
I play Felix Style more, but I like them both.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2012-09-12 20:43:38 »
I play Felix Style more, but I like them both.

Is it possible to switch style without re-installing bootleg ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2012-09-12 22:59:38 »
Is it possible to switch style without re-installing bootleg ?

Yes, run MO.exe and install Style Switching, 9999 Break, FFX Battle Style, and Felix Style Menu. Then use these controls to switch between them any time you want:

Menu Overhaul                                                                Author                                  Bootleg Option                                            Info                              Preview

MO.exe                                         DLPB & Kranmer                Menu Overhaul                       Qhimm FILE

Style Switcher
                                               Allows real-time switching between FFX Battle Style and Felix Style Menu (FFIX).           VIDEO

CTRL+F5 (FFX  Battle Menu w/o 9999 Break), CTRL+F7 (FFX  Battle Menu w/  9999 Break)       
                                               CTRL+F6 (FFIX Battle Menu w/o 9999 Break), CTRL+F8 (FFIX Battle Menu w/  9999 Break)       

Just a friendly reminder that my Tutorial explains these details. It has previews to compare for yourself  :)

What Do These Do? Mod Details: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183581#msg183581

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 2012-09-13 12:57:56 »
Well, perfect ! Thank you again EQ2Alyzza :))

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2012-09-15 19:33:09 »
hey guys, been lurking for a while - a big fan of the group :)

I have been using the remix version, all i had to do was install the game, then run the setup.exe and its been working great

under what circumstances would bootleg be better? because from what i see, you have to download each mod seperately and use bootleg to install?

either way, rock on!

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2012-09-15 19:54:59 »
hey guys, been lurking for a while - a big fan of the group :)

I have been using the remix version, all i had to do was install the game, then run the setup.exe and its been working great

under what circumstances would bootleg be better? because from what i see, you have to download each mod seperately and use bootleg to install?

either way, rock on!

Bootleg, from what I understand, is a more complete mod pack, where it has many options to the user. This allows for my game to be different from yours, which is different from someone else, and so on.  It may be a bit more of a pain that remix, but it's really the freedom you get from bootleg that I personally prefer.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2012-09-15 21:20:47 »
Bootleg, from what I understand, is a more complete mod pack, where it has many options to the user. This allows for my game to be different from yours, which is different from someone else, and so on.  It may be a bit more of a pain that remix, but it's really the freedom you get from bootleg that I personally prefer.

Yeah i saw a new video on youtube with it - wow...

I am downloading the torrent from the bootleg thread that is 19gb, does it have all the mods I need to look epic?

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2012-09-15 21:51:09 »
Yeah i saw a new video on youtube with it - wow...

I am downloading the torrent from the bootleg thread that is 19gb, does it have all the mods I need to look epic?

It has all the mods. Period.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 2012-09-15 22:22:06 »

Yeah I gotta say I am very impressed with bootleg. It's very user friendly and I love how it says which mods I'm missing for the options I choose, PLUS it links me to the download :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 2012-09-15 22:34:25 »

Close, but not quite. It is missing 2 movie files (ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar & ff7_enhanced_moves_2.zip) and the latest Menu Overhaul (M05c). Here they are:

FILE                                  AUTHOR                  DESCRIPTION                     INFO           

ff7_enhanced_movies_1.part1.rar - .part3.rar        Trojak          Enhanced Movie Pack 1 in 3 Parts        Qhimm 01 02 03 M01 M02 M03 M01 M02 M03

ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip                           Trojak          Another Movie Pack 2                    Qhimm FILE MIRROR

MO.exe                                              DLPB & Kranmer  Menu Overhaul & ReTranslation M05c      Qhimm FILE

The torrent actually needs to be redone because it has both sets of the ff7_enhanced_movies and both sets of the FacePalmer textures. You only need one or the other, so the torrent size is larger than needed. I have compiled the mods correctly to reduce the space, but I don't know how to create a torrent. Any takers on this?
« Last Edit: 2012-09-15 22:39:58 by EQ2Alyza »

DTard

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 2012-09-15 23:59:13 »
The torrent actually needs to be redone because it has both sets of the ff7_enhanced_movies and both sets of the FacePalmer textures. You only need one or the other, so the torrent size is larger than needed. I have compiled the mods correctly to reduce the space, but I don't know how to create a torrent. Any takers on this?
If Demonoid was still up, I'd be down. The best I can do is write out how to make one.

Or link one:
http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/make-a-torrent

Should do the trick. The only problem is you'll have to find a good site for it.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 2012-09-16 12:35:21 »
Im looking for the cloud model that's like the one in advent children with his sword and jacket
Does anyone know what it's called in bootleg? Bootleg has an ac cloud but it doesn't have the sword and jacket. I saw this on YouTube. I believe it's called AC cloud by Kewara Abdul or something.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 2012-09-16 16:03:44 »
Im looking for the cloud model that's like the one in advent children with his sword and jacket
Does anyone know what it's called in bootleg? Bootleg has an ac cloud but it doesn't have the sword and jacket. I saw this on YouTube. I believe it's called AC cloud by Kewara Abdul or something.
That Cloud Strife model is not supported here, because the person named @Kula Wende distributed it illegally across the world wide web. He did not get permission to use those models. Now, if you want to make a rip of the models of Cloud Strife from either Kingdom Hearts II or from Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy. I know that is allot of hard work, yet if you want something really bad, you will work hard for it, not steal it.

Am I correct?

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: 2012-09-16 16:38:03 »
That Cloud Strife model is not supported here, because the person named @Kula Wende distributed it illegally across the world wide web. He did not get permission to use those models. Now, if you want to make a rip of the models of Cloud Strife from either Kingdom Hearts II or from Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy. I know that is allot of hard work, yet if you want something really bad, you will work hard for it, not steal it.

Am I correct?

right on, i agree.

I'm happy with what i got now hehe. I really love google docs, made getting the mods a breeze!