Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1249294 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Still can't download the patch... ...I tried with Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox...
Anyone has another download link ?... ...Pwease  :'(

I'll try to upload in 200MB files tonight.

You'd be my savior :D And if I or you were a girl, I'd make sweet love to you  :-*

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Groovy. Glad to know I wan't being an utter fool, haha.
I think I found part of my problem (if not the source of it) in the APP document after crashing:

-snip-

so... do I need to re-install? What happened to my normal ff7input.cfg? Or is that replaced by a different file?

Create a .txt file and rename it ff7input.cfg, might work.

Gilvisto

Didn't think it could of been that easy, but sure enough, it went through. Thank you all so much! I'm new to FF, and several friends have told me it's the greatest game of all time. Thanks you to, I can enjoy it with graphics that don't detract from the experience!

Best wishes,
-Gil

EDIT: Elated with my first fourty minutes of FFVII... however, upon my first random battle en route to Sector 5, the game crashed with the "something very bad just happened" blurb... I restarted to check if it was a certain point that triggered it, and I'm positive it's the random battle. Happened in two areas, the first area right after you jump down the vent/shaft, the second in the area right after that one. The App Log is as follows

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTS 250/PCI/SSE2 3.1.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, mid=1, pid=102,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ec01ec01
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 50
50% of 127 = 63
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
50% of 127 = 63
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI play: 33
reading midi file: TM.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
MIDI play: 34
reading midi file: TIFA.mid
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
song is already playing...
MIDI stop - OK
50% of 127 = 63
MIDI play: 57
reading midi file: YADO.mid
MIDI play: 41
reading midi file: BARRET.mid
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI stop - OK
50% of 127 = 63
MIDI play: 54
reading midi file: ASERI.mid
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=255
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
50% of 127 = 63
MIDI play: 28
reading midi file: AYASI.mid
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
MIDI play: 7
reading midi file: BAT.mid
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 342
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: unhandled exception

Battle theme started playing just fine, but screen crashed and error shut down the game.
I did some research and it seems the unhandled exception could be just about anything, but do you fellas have any particular insights?
Again, thanks for your time!
-Gil
« Last Edit: 2010-05-14 15:01:27 by Gilvisto »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
@Gilvisto I'm not sure why you're inquiring in my thread as it would seem you haven't installed the remix patch. Then again that doesn't stop most people so meh.

All of your problems could have been avoided by installing v0.7.3b of Aali's driver instead of the newest version, possibly including the one you currently have.

You're right in assuming that the "something very bad has happened" bug can be anything. Usually, if it happens upon starting a battle (before any part of the battle scene loads), it is 9 times out of 10 what's called a faulty scene look-up table. This happens when you change around scene.bin or kernel.bin and can be fixed by using the "file...update scene look up table" option in "Hojo Enemy Editor". I doubt this is your issue since it sounds like you haven't changed the AI around much, but it's worth mentioning.

Gilvisto

I have installed it, that was my first course of action after installing the game vanilla. The high quality models and music config are working (I am going to update the soundtrack but haven't got around to it yet), and I use openGL to configure. But it is strange that I had to re-download Aali's though. I did do the newest one... is 7.3b available outside your Remix patch?

I apologize if I'm in the wrong thread, but I did install the Remix patch and thought it was what what I needed to troubleshoot. The only other mod I had was AC avatars. I'm going to re-install Remix and see if that helps anything. If that doesn't work, I'll run that Enemy Editor. Last resort: I'll try a full uninstall/reinstall and hopefully flush out whatever corrupt kernel or whatnot is going on here. Thanks for the tip. :)

EDIT: Re-installing the mod seemed to fix everything. (Probably due to backdating the Aali version to 7.3b). Once more, thank you for your help. :)
« Last Edit: 2010-05-14 16:14:49 by Gilvisto »

curiomime

Hello, this entire patch looks extremely interestng, I remember playing some FF7 mod/patches a while ago and it looked awesome. I would love to try this patch out, unfortunately I can't download the latest version of the patch because when I go to the download page, it shows up as Error 403: Forbidden.

Is there any other means by which I can download this particular patch? If only you had multiple mirrors for this huge thing. I tried downloading it last night, but it didn't get further than 1.6GB completed. So... Help?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
You might want to talk to titeguy3 to host the patch somewhere else if he wants. :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
There is to be no re-uploading of this patch or distribution of it anywhere else.

[/final]

If I have time, I'll look for a mirror somewhere and maybe look into breaking the file into smaller pieces but honestly, if your connection is so slow that you need to download it in pieces, you might as well not use the patch and download the mods individually. They're all listed on the first page and can be found on the forums via the search feature or the wiki.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-16 13:47:18 by titeguy3 »

curiomime

Edit:

So how come whenever I try to download your patcher, titeguy3, I get the 403: Forbidden error? It seems I'm able to have access to all other downloads, except that one, maybe because it's so large?

It makes no sense to distribute this thing, say no mirrors are allowed, and with this forbidden error coming up when I try to download it. Making it a nightmare to actually get it.

Another Edit:

I managed to get the download working again. Hoping it completes overnight without problem.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-17 03:27:59 by curiomime »

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Can anyone please upload this to torrent since i cant seem to complete my download cause everytime my download is done 50 % my net disconnects so it's kind of impossible for me to download this through direct downloading :( So if you can,can someone please upload this to torrent

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
You'll have to wait for titeguy3 to mirror it somewhere as he said if he had the time.

sharpy934

cant seem to download..
get this when i click on the link.
You don't have permission to access /Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8n DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at yama.mmowned.org Port 80

zer0x4

• View Profile
Well the weirdest thing just happened to me, had the patch running with Aali's newest driver, game ran perfect. Once i reformatted my pc the game has been slow, even with the older driver, Any ideas?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Well the weirdest thing just happened to me, had the patch running with Aali's newest driver, game ran perfect. Once i reformatted my pc the game has been slow, even with the older driver, Any ideas?
Odd...did you reformat into FAT32 instead of NTFS?
Or maybe you don't have the latest drivers for your graphics card?
Or perhaps your settings aren't the same?

zer0x4

• View Profile
No its NTFS, the graphics card has the latest drivers installed. Ive been messing around with the settings and i cant get it to work the same as before, maybe i should roll back to the previous graphics card driver, maybe that will work.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Why don't you have Aali's newest driver included in your patch?

EDIT: Oh never mind. I tried installing and it crashed when I started it. So I copied a save file and renamed them up to 09 and it worked but then gave me another error and crashed when I went into a battle.

EDIT2: How did you get the battle menu transparent?

EDIT3: By the way, I might have a mirror for the patch by tomorrow morning. I'm gonna upload it to MegaUpload (or MediaFire) in 200MB parts.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-22 05:00:54 by DarkFang »

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800

The newer versions of Aalis driver has that option (Not sure which was the first to incorporate it though).

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile

The newer versions of Aalis driver has that option (Not sure which was the first to incorporate it though).

I think it's 7.7b, which I cannot get to work on my computer.

Kranmer

• View Profile
@DarkFang what does your app.log say when you try to run 0.7.7 ? It sounds like it could be the same error some other people have had previously.
The previous thread about the battle crash is here, check if thats the same problem your having.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9689.0
i released a small fix (with permission from titeguy3) which should hopefully help.
(also the fix isn't complete, there are still a few weapons that cause crash's so if you find them please let me know)

Edit1-
Also the "new_battle_interface" has been in since atleast 0.7.5 so you can always try 0.7.5 or 0.7.6.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-22 07:15:37 by kranmer »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
@DarkFang what does your app.log say when you try to run 0.7.7 ? It sounds like it could be the same error some other people have had previously.
The previous thread about the battle crash is here, check if thats the same problem your having.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9689.0
i released a small fix (with permission from titeguy3) which should hopefully help.
(also the fix isn't complete, there are still a few weapons that cause crash's so if you find them please let me know)

Edit1-
Also the "new_battle_interface" has been in since atleast 0.7.5 so you can always try 0.7.5 or 0.7.6.

So your patch will fix the problem?

Kranmer

• View Profile
the patch will fix some problems, if you read the full thread you will see what i mean, some of the custom weapons cause a crash with the latest version of the driver so all that patch does is remove some of them, (i havent found out exactly which crash the game yet and i believe there are some more out there still).
and i am also not sure if that is the exact problem your having, if you post your app.log i am sure it will be a lot easier to find out the exact problem your having.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
the patch will fix some problems, if you read the full thread you will see what i mean, some of the custom weapons cause a crash with the latest version of the driver so all that patch does is remove some of them, (i havent found out exactly which crash the game yet and i believe there are some more out there still).
and i am also not sure if that is the exact problem your having, if you post your app.log i am sure it will be a lot easier to find out the exact problem your having.

Okay I'll do that if it happens again.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Holy shit! When I used 7.7b installed that patch, it made everything extremely bright and made the gameplay slightly faster. Plus, I still get an error and crashed when going into battle.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8800 GTS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1680x1050, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, mid=1, pid=102,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI play: 24
reading midi file: HORROR.mid
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI play: 24
100% of 127 = 127
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
MIDI play: 7
reading midi file: BAT.mid
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 486
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/seffect/seffect1_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/limit/jo_b03_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/eskill/jo_b04_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
GLITCH: broken p file: vertextype == VERTEX in CLOUD.W07
ERROR: unhandled exception

Kranmer

• View Profile
i don't know why everything is bright (unless you have bloom2.post on) but the crash looks to be from cloud's weapon, try changing the weapon in the menu then going into battle again and see if it happens.

EDIT1- i also just so you know i haven't fixed cloud's weapons, only tifa and aries so far, so if it is the weapon that's causing the crash please let me know which one it was.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
I had the Force Stealer equipped on Cloud, I forget which one I had on Aeris, and the Boomerang for Yuffie.