Author Topic: hyper jump crash  (Read 3647 times)

mavirick

• View Profile
hyper jump crash
« on: 2008-03-09 21:12:07 »
i searched and found an earlier yet, sadly, unhelpful post about the game crashing during cid's hyper jump limit break. in the earlier post it was fighting Proud Clod (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4250.0;prev_next=prev) but with me it's happened on both Carry Armor and just now Diamond Weapon, both of which are completely frustrating to have to fight again. Carry Armor I must've killed five or six times, and Diamond Weapon I don't want to have to fight that many times! does this make any sense? is there a suggestion to avoid?

i think disabling the saints hi res patch will stop the errors, but its more fun when the models are all pretty  :-P

Terid__K

Re: hyper jump crash
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-10 01:46:03 »
My game crashes randomly in a few of the Limit Breaks as well. Doesn't seem to be something you can avoid.

mavirick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-10 01:51:21 »
the day i start believing you cant avoid crashes is the day i give up on final fantasy vii. and i wont.  :-P

but the only time iv EVER gotten a windows run-time error, not a simple freeze or lock-up or black screen, is with cid's hyper jump limit break. on bosses. specifically the two aforementioned. it was quite strange, but by now iv used it enough on lesser creatures to get dragon. oh well!

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-11 14:23:33 »
Hyper jump during the Ultima Weapon fight in Mideel always 90% crashed out FF7, try playing it in Software Rendering mode or turning down your sound hardware acceleration?