Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4968745 times)

Braeden

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9175 on: 2020-04-16 13:44:52 »
hi

I just started to play this Mod but it seems that the materia system does not work. for example the materia cover starts 30% and has 5 stars or if i read the doc correctly it should be 20% and 4 star.

the magic material (fire, ice, etc) gives bonuses similar to the basic game I think (vitality -03, magic def -03, maxmp +03%). for the rest of the mod everything seems to work (the potions makes 300pv, the enemies are modified, combat script not present in the basic game are here, ect)

do i miss somephing or my install is wrong ?

I play the steam version and I put the language in English before installing the main game. i use the lastest version of the mod and i used the installer.

Snoge

• View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: 2020-04-16 20:16:35 »
Hi!

Almost through with the mod. It's awesome. Thank you very much.

The game softlocked for me on the way to the underwater reactor, while I was fighting those two goons and a soldier (I can't remember the name's...). I just beat
Spoiler: show
Carminen Weapon
, and forgot to save, and I'm feeling a bit salty about that... But I didn't come here to blame it on anyone. Only to report getting softlocked.

I can't say much about what happened. I was morphing the enemies down there, and I believe I use Slash-all queued with Aeris on the enemies. She was equipped with Fairy Tale. That's all I can recall from my side.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: 2020-04-16 21:42:44 »
hi

I just started to play this Mod but it seems that the materia system does not work. for example the materia cover starts 30% and has 5 stars or if i read the doc correctly it should be 20% and 4 star.

the magic material (fire, ice, etc) gives bonuses similar to the basic game I think (vitality -03, magic def -03, maxmp +03%). for the rest of the mod everything seems to work (the potions makes 300pv, the enemies are modified, combat script not present in the basic game are here, ect)

do i miss somephing or my install is wrong ?

I play the steam version and I put the language in English before installing the main game. i use the lastest version of the mod and i used the installer.

That sounds unusual; the .EXE is definitely patched (a 3% MP bonus doesn't exist in vanilla), so it's likely the kernel that hasn't been patched which has the data for how many stars a Materia can have etc. However, if the kernel is unpatched then that would mean the following:

1) Cloud started with only Ice and Bolt, and not Fire
2) Potions heal 100HP in battle, but heal 300HP in the field menu
3) Wrong encounters would be loading, resulting in crashes/overpowered enemies appearing

When starting a new game, does Cloud have access to Fire, Ice, and Bolt or just Ice & Bolt?

Hi!

Almost through with the mod. It's awesome. Thank you very much.

The game softlocked for me on the way to the underwater reactor, while I was fighting those two goons and a soldier (I can't remember the name's...). I just beat
Carminen Weapon
, and forgot to save, and I'm feeling a bit salty about that... But I didn't come here to blame it on anyone. Only to report getting softlocked.

I can't say much about what happened. I was morphing the enemies down there, and I believe I use Slash-all queued with Aeris on the enemies. She was equipped with Fairy Tale. That's all I can recall from my side.

That softlock is to do with one of the SOLDIER enemies I think, I've got it sorted in the patch I'm uploading tonight though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: 2020-04-17 02:43:12 »
The patch for NT 1.5. Changelog is below the links.

My 7h is on the fritz again so I'm not updating the links on the front page just yet; let me know if the IRO loads and if the options inside it work (only battle model swaps/costumes for now). I know people prefer their hi-res stuff, but maybe somebody will find some of the options interesting (the Red XIII one is pretty awful, but the first Cait option improves the character by 322%, I feel).

Main Installer
https://mega.nz/file/D80UXKzK#xd31CTy-TAJIs7zT71LLaENQXGHATWN-94HscYIkOeE

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/DxsTkSAD#-A-1isQa1WshlbGTL__s8Jlrj0mny9Q8sRbADUKF_iw

FF7 NT V1.5 - April 2020 Patch

Bugfixes
-) Issue where Final Sephiroth fight would have him attack infinitely
   with no counter from Cloud to end the battle.

-) Issue where Bizarro battle couldn't be fought due to Vincent not being
   recruited.

-) Bizarro Battle is now always a solo team battle.

-) Rebalancing for Safer Sephiroth & Arrange Mode Final Battle

-) Some item/materia placement reshuffling toward the end of the game.

-) Issue where an out-of-bounds chest could disable a miniboss in Crater,
   preventing retrieval of an item for Red's Ultimate Weapon.

-) Tifa no longer plays conversation anims if Aeris isn't there.

-) Added an Animation#7 for Cloud in Dark Cave sidequest start

-) Randomised Rank Up no longer divides sources by 5

-) Music was adjusted for the Mideel Memory Scene finale
(Uses audio file from R06; if this does not install or is overriden then very last scene will have no music)

-) Gaea's Cliff Save Point; Script call was moved off Cloud to avoid a potential softlock with the healing spring.

-) Default field/text added for Mansion Basement scene involving Sephiroth reading books (to avoid bug when using
   certain menu overhaul mods).

-) Tweaks to Aeris + Elmyra visibility in Kalm.

-) Dark Cave, some tweaks to character visibility in certain scenes

-) Removed Ignore Status defence flag from Fantasia attack on Mirage enemy; also removed Resist from Tartarus attack.

-) Some weapon effects corrected (mostly related to MP damage/drain)

Features
-) Aeris now has access to 3 of Cid's weapons; Flayer, Spirit Lance, and Venus Gospel.
The weapon model used is the actual one.

-) New superboss added to Extra Battle in Gold Saucer.

-) Crater Steal/Drop Rates revised.

-) Fixed a squashed eye texture on the Rufus battle model (existed on original game)

7h Only
-) New costume(s) added for each character.
Toggled in the IRO settings of the 7h Launcher; these may be overriden by Battle Model mods.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-17 03:09:12 by Sega Chief »

Unwise Owl Tattoo

• View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: 2020-04-17 03:00:38 »
Both links are for the installer version of the mod.  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9180 on: 2020-04-17 03:06:12 »
D;

Prob just as well, the IRO models for barret and vincent were missing the derivatives. Just reuploading it now.

Edit: Updated the IRO link a few posts back. Front page links aren't updated yet (need IRO test; the model swaps were working when I tried them but my 7h is currently inoperable).
« Last Edit: 2020-04-17 03:10:03 by Sega Chief »

Ayoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: 2020-04-17 05:19:41 »
In general, NT plays nice with 7th heaven nowadays? Arrange mode and all? What about compatibility with other mods therein?

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: 2020-04-17 09:07:12 »
That sounds unusual; the .EXE is definitely patched (a 3% MP bonus doesn't exist in vanilla), so it's likely the kernel that hasn't been patched which has the data for how many stars a Materia can have etc. However, if the kernel is unpatched then that would mean the following:

1) Cloud started with only Ice and Bolt, and not Fire
2) Potions heal 100HP in battle, but heal 300HP in the field menu
3) Wrong encounters would be loading, resulting in crashes/overpowered enemies appearing

When starting a new game, does Cloud have access to Fire, Ice, and Bolt or just Ice & Bolt?

1) Cloud starts with the 3 materials

2) potions heal 300pv in combat and out of combat

3) I don't see any problem with the fights

I also have access to the tutorial of the mod once I arrive at sector 7

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: 2020-04-17 12:25:42 »
1) Cloud starts with the 3 materials

2) potions heal 300pv in combat and out of combat

3) I don't see any problem with the fights

I also have access to the tutorial of the mod once I arrive at sector 7

I'd say everything sounds like it's been patched correctly then.

In general, NT plays nice with 7th heaven nowadays? Arrange mode and all? What about compatibility with other mods therein?

It's always been compatible with 7h. The new catalog for 7h 2.0 though had it flagged as incompatible with certain mod types by mistake like field models. NT can't be used with mods that affect either the scene.bin, kernel.bin, or chunks 1, 3, 5, or 7 of the flevel. Some examples of what can't be used with it:

1) Any gameplay mod like Hardcore mod or a translation patch like proto's spell names
2) The ESUI controller addon changes the text, which is chunk1; this chunk contains not just dialogue but event scripting and the model loader. This is also why retranslation can't be used with NT as-is.

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: 2020-04-17 14:01:00 »
I'd say everything sounds like it's been patched correctly then.

if my game is patched correctly the bonuses / penalties of my materia are therefore correct too? because from memory they were more radical than that at the time.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: 2020-04-17 14:25:23 »
so... with the 1.5 final patch (i guess final?) being released, i haven't played since 1.4.   I've been waiting on the 2.0 patch, but i'm not sure if that is multiple months away or less than a month.  Would it be worthwhile to wait on 2.0?  or would recommend to go ahead with a fresh start on the 1.5 final?   If it's looking like it's more than a month out, i'm going to go ahead and start with the new 1.5 release :D.  Any idea if it's going to be less than a month for 2.0 or definitely more than a month?  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: 2020-04-17 15:35:02 »
if my game is patched correctly the bonuses / penalties of my materia are therefore correct too? because from memory they were more radical than that at the time.

They've been changed a few times, the current crop are less extreme. If you see 3s then it's patched.

so... with the 1.5 final patch (i guess final?) being released, i haven't played since 1.4.   I've been waiting on the 2.0 patch, but i'm not sure if that is multiple months away or less than a month.  Would it be worthwhile to wait on 2.0?  or would recommend to go ahead with a fresh start on the 1.5 final?   If it's looking like it's more than a month out, i'm going to go ahead and start with the new 1.5 release :D.  Any idea if it's going to be less than a month for 2.0 or definitely more than a month?  :)

I'd go ahead, I don't know when I'll have arrange finished. Everything's been up in the air with work because of this virus.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: 2020-04-17 16:25:30 »
Hello, can anyone tell my why I can't talk to mr smiley again? After 1st time meeting him I got cloud rank up. Now when I want to talk to him I get red flash and thats it. This is my first playthrough and dunno if it's supposed to happen.

Braeden

• View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: 2020-04-17 17:48:25 »
OK thank you for your replies and for your work on this mod  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: 2020-04-17 20:37:53 »
Hello, can anyone tell my why I can't talk to mr smiley again? After 1st time meeting him I got cloud rank up. Now when I want to talk to him I get red flash and thats it. This is my first playthrough and dunno if it's supposed to happen.

From that point forward, you use regular save points to access the SP system. The closest one from Mythril Mines would be Fort Condor's save point.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: 2020-04-17 21:01:06 »
From that point forward, you use regular save points to access the SP system. The closest one from Mythril Mines would be Fort Condor's save point.

Thank you, weird though there is no option in the save menu, had to try different buttons on pad :)

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: 2020-04-17 23:27:11 »
Hi, i'm sorry if this issue has already been reported. You know the part in the original game when Aeris says "This guy are sick"? Well, in NT this line has been changed to "These guy is sick" instead, when it should be "This guy is sick". This is the version of NT included in 7th Heaven's default Gameplay mod pack.

siema87

• View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: 2020-04-17 23:49:34 »
In readme there is addnotation:
"Send-Off Minigame
The top prize (120+) is now a Mastered 'Enemy Away' Materia, with 2nd Prize being a Rune Armlet. There is no longer a consolation prize."

I got 130 points and still got Rune Armlet. Was sth changed or?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: 2020-04-18 02:02:02 »
Hi, i'm sorry if this issue has already been reported. You know the part in the original game when Aeris says "This guy are sick"? Well, in NT this line has been changed to "These guy is sick" instead, when it should be "This guy is sick". This is the version of NT included in 7th Heaven's default Gameplay mod pack.

No worries, I will fix it in 2.0.

In readme there is addnotation:
"Send-Off Minigame
The top prize (120+) is now a Mastered 'Enemy Away' Materia, with 2nd Prize being a Rune Armlet. There is no longer a consolation prize."

I got 130 points and still got Rune Armlet. Was sth changed or?

Must have been; I think Rune is the only prize from 120+ points. 2nd is a potion or something.

Sei La

• View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: 2020-04-18 06:22:15 »

Hey! I registered just to comment on this.
In the mod Aeris actually says "This guy a sick" now (if I remember correctly). I thought that was poking fun at the original translation... does it really need a fix?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-18 06:23:56 by Sei La »

Khoral

• View Profile
« Reply #9195 on: 2020-04-18 13:51:00 »
Hi Sega Chief, and thanks for this awesome mod :)

I'm a french dude currently enjoying it, and I was wondering if you would be ok with me translating it into french ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: 2020-04-18 14:21:15 »
Hey! I registered just to comment on this.
In the mod Aeris actually says "This guy a sick" now (if I remember correctly). I thought that was poking fun at the original translation... does it really need a fix?

I'll get it right one day.

Hi Sega Chief, and thanks for this awesome mod :)

I'm a french dude currently enjoying it, and I was wondering if you would be ok with me translating it into french ?

Yeah, that'd be really cool. I think NT is available through a mod pack on ff7.fr that Satsuki manages but it's still currently in English.

The majority of text is handled through the tool Makou Reactor, but some parts of the text need older tools.

Wall Market for the Kernel text (equipment, spell names, etc.) for which you'll need Visual Studio Power Packs 3.0 installed.

The in-battle text for enemy names + attacks, and the occasional dialogue that shows (like the warning about Guard Scorpion's tail) is in the scene.bin.

If you run into any issues with the tools or the text, feel free to hit me up.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: 2020-04-18 14:56:53 »
I've updated the front page links; also, the IRO version was missing the mouth texture removal for NPCs so I've added that back in (gets rid of the 'o' mouths).

Khoral

• View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: 2020-04-18 15:13:42 »
Yeah, that'd be really cool. I think NT is available through a mod pack on ff7.fr that Satsuki manages but it's still currently in English.
Yup, I'm already in touch with the guys who made the french translation so I can use it on NT :)

The majority of text is handled through the tool Makou Reactor, but some parts of the text need older tools.

Wall Market for the Kernel text (equipment, spell names, etc.) for which you'll need Visual Studio Power Packs 3.0 installed.

The in-battle text for enemy names + attacks, and the occasional dialogue that shows (like the warning about Guard Scorpion's tail) is in the scene.bin.

If you run into any issues with the tools or the text, feel free to hit me up.
Thanks ! I'll make sure to check that out and reach you if I run into something.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: 2020-04-19 00:58:19 »
There's a crash in the church due to a bad model reference (I changed them for this patch because of a new method I'm using for a cleaner char.lgp).

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/C5tAwKib#itGZp79J_IqcMwnvxs5XWuCqMxJdb1Q0d2xI_cWiEQc

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/KhtgxCbI#3xm4JReKWLo3TtKX-XBZ-FfxHPoLSSx7OLmGJRITVCg

Edit:
Might have been a false alarm actually, but just in case I'll keep these links.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 01:21:24 by Sega Chief »