Author Topic: Change On-Screen Character?  (Read 6165 times)

disgaeafan1

• View Profile
Change On-Screen Character?
« on: 2013-07-21 19:37:16 »
Hi All,

I'm new to these parts- Didn't even know FF7 had  such an intense modding community until recently! Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to change Cloud's on screen model to another character, specifically Tifa or Aerith.

Also, I can't seem to find a working link to the torrent of all the mods- All I can find is broken links or the link in the Tifa thread, which leads to  a small file that isn't usable. I'm most likely doing something wrong...

Thanks~!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Change On-Screen Character?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-21 19:53:50 »
possible? yes
probable? also yes
But it's a lot of work to make this actually work with everything, especially story related events.
I suppose one way to make it easier would be to add a script command that forces cloud as party member for story events just prior to them.

disgaeafan1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-21 20:09:25 »
Oh ok thanks, so there isn't any mod out now. About the torrent that contains all mods- any idea on where I can get that? Downloading one by one is fairly daunting.

Thanks again!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-21 20:17:38 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-21 20:23:14 »
Also, I can't seem to find a working link to the torrent of all the mods- All I can find is broken links or the link in the Tifa thread, which leads to  a small file that isn't usable. I'm most likely doing something wrong...

Thanks~!

The file in my Tifa's Bootleg or Tifa's Package threads is called "[kickass.to]tifa.s.package.bootleg040.mods.torrent" and to get it to work, you need to install a BitTorrent client. I personally use uTorrent.

disgaeafan1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-21 20:56:18 »
Oh wow, I feel stupid... Haha thanks!!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-21 21:01:27 »
possible? yes
probable? also yes
But it's a lot of work to make this actually work with everything, especially story related events.
I suppose one way to make it easier would be to add a script command that forces cloud as party member for story events just prior to them.

It's possible to do it, without massive working on the script. With the mod manager from Iros (here), it is possible to replace  a model and its animation completely.

disgaeafan1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-21 21:14:55 »
Oh cool! So there's hope at least. Good to hear. Thanks!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-22 11:06:33 »
It's possible to do it, without massive working on the script. With the mod manager from Iros (here), it is possible to replace  a model and its animation completely.

not every model ( and model type ) has enough animations to actually supply all needed animations the fieldscript calls for
a lot of models use clouds model TYPE but if you replace him with tifa, aerith or someone else that uses a different type, animations get all screwed up

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-22 11:30:25 »
That's why you need to replace the animation with corresponding ones. I don't say it's easy to do, but it's lot easier to make it with the wrapper. Well, I don't believe that somebody really starts  to replace Cloud with a different character model. You will need to create new animations, specially if it has a different bone structure to the one of Cloud.
It is still too much work.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-07-22 11:38:03 »
You will need to create new animations, specially if it has a different bone structure to the one of Cloud.
This is the bottleneck. Scratch animations are a huge time-sync. If you can avoid working on an animation, do it. Trust me.