Author Topic: Changing the Colour Of Enemies using Gamma codes on the PSX version  (Read 6040 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Yeah sorry I know this was mentioned along time ago but I never managed how to do it? Just curoius does anyone know heres the gameshark codes again.

Enemy Brightness Mods

Enemy 1 color mod: 80154768 ??00
Enemy 2 color mod: 80155304 ??00
Enemy 3 color mod: 80155EA0 ??00
Enemy 4 color mod: 80156A3C ??00
Enemy 5 color mod: 801575D8 ??00
Enemy 6: 80158174 ??00

Any value will work (the entire spectrum is possible), but here are the extremes:

7F: Totally black. Being of darkness.
80: Really bright.

So If anyone knows how to implemnt this into the pre battle script would be awesome to hear how.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
I remember having this discussion before. Is it still around?

I think it had to do with some 4XXX battle address.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Yeah I think it was 4108?? I tried that and it does nothing.

02   2060
01   4108
60   7F

thats what Ive got.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
You could use Akari's memory map (see the Welder thread) with reference to a gameshark code that edits a known variable. From there, it shouldn't be too tricky to find which 4XXX value needs to be changed. That'd be my first port of call.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Ok I found this +014 [][] alpha for additional color.  could that be it?

Also found this.

1027    +028 [] R additional color.
1028    +029 [] G additional color.
1029    +02a [] B additional color.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 19:33:45 by ff7rules »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Ok I found this +014 [][] alpha for additional color.  could that be it?

Also found this.

1027    +028 [] R additional color.
1028    +029 [] G additional color.
1029    +02a [] B additional color.

That's the line, but the numbers you have are just the line numbers in the pastebin. The actual data is at 1518FC, but battle memory scope 0-1FFF covers from F87F0 to FA7EF. Scopes 2000+ and 4000+ cover different parts of the memory map: I don't think you can use AI to make these changes.

You'd probably have to change the exe itself - perhaps you could add code that read from one of the BattleVars and replaced the normal size value providing the BattleVar =/= 0. This would be doable, but require assembly level editing, and would be tricky to do on the PSOne.

ff7rules

• View Profile
All we need to do is find where the brightness is controlled is it in the actual model itself or could it be like a status that changes the color of enemies.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Yes, the values you found are likely the ones you need to change. Trouble is, they can't be altered from within the namespace of the battle scripts.

ff7rules

• View Profile
I found this I think it might help http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Playstation_Battle_Model_Format It mentions the colors for the textures

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
But it's all moot, because it isn't within the scope of the AI engine namespace. That is, you can only access a limited range of bytes, and they don't concern this data. Unfortunately, I see no way to use AI code to change enemy colours, unless I've missed some value in the memory map.