Author Topic: Umbrella Corp. Theme  (Read 18171 times)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Umbrella Corp. Theme
« on: 2010-07-23 03:47:22 »
I have made, a UMBRELLA CORP THEME'D COMPUTER :D:D:D:D Don't ask why so random? Cause I get bored sometimes xD working a sound scheme and a Boot-Screen right now :D

« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 03:20:03 by Masa-Buster »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Useless Information :D:D:D
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-23 03:52:02 »
Looks nice lol. I think an awesome asset to any computer (especially looking like an umberella lab comp) would be a new password screen. Also, The fallout 3  "hacking" thing would be cool to have as a password screen, just selecting your password from a lineup, even adding the hints and stuff would be cool lol.

Just rambling because it's late and the setup looks good lol. Sorry for clogging up the thread  ;D

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-23 04:21:57 »
Thanks :P I have no clue what I'm gonna do for sound scheme, boot-screen I'll find one eventually but sound scheme have to do myself. Might get sounds from the RE Movies and The Games (Obviously xD) Gonna start with the basic Login Sounds/Start up Program so on. Then I'll get into the different stuff like Critical batter alarm (Which is totally useless on a Desktop >.>) and then mess with a bunch of different stuff. And I also might work on something special for Laptops, when you go into My Computer -> Properties on a Laptop it'll say "Manufactured by:" gonna put a Umbrella symbol there :D

A Fallout 3 Hacking logon would be incredably awesome, but that would take a while to make (For Me anyway XD I have no idea how to make logon's and stuff like that yet). I saw a guy on YouTube that made a interactive Fallout 3 Pip Boy desktop, just changed the icons and used a blank pip boy and put the icons inside of it. Yes complete with buttons and all. He used the RADs thing in the cornor of the desktop as a CPU Gauge, which was pretty cool.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-23 04:24:34 by Masa-Buster »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-23 04:27:14 »
The Fallout 3 thing, O.O Awesome. I want a real Pip Boy. Just becauseI was an addict for over 150 Hours of my life lol, I should get a nerd award or something ^.^.

Oh and I wanted to ask, are you going for realistic "lab computer sounds" or were you thinking ResEvil Sounds?   8-)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-23 04:34:32 »
I was gonna do some a both, maybe like a login from a movie when Alice uses one of Umbrella's comps in a movie (forget if she does), some from the Games, and then maybe look some real-life lab sounds :D

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-23 04:48:12 »
Some Zombie sounds here and there I hope?

A little nomming on flesh whenI log out maybe?  ;D

Gunshots for some things that barely ever happen on your computer.

Some of the sounds from combining items... not 100% sure if there were anybut it would be cool :P
When you finish,def post something because the sound scheme alone has me sold. :P

right now the most interesting scheme i found on win7 is the guitar sound... and its more like a banjo lol

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-23 09:55:53 »
If you really wanted this kind of thing you'd be better off doing it in Linux. Hell, you could even have a Pip-boy like interface for logins if really necessary. Wouldn't be trivial if you've never done that sort of thing before, though.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-23 17:34:13 »
I remember making an Altimit (Dot Hack) theme for windows and an Alma (F.E.A.R).

Ryusaizo

• Kyaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-07-23 17:46:55 »
Lol I have been trying to fiddle around and work on my own theme too xD. Yours is awesome by the way. Mine is not going so well, I kinda want mine like the selection wheel in .hack GU games xD

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-07-23 20:43:48 »
Thanks for the comments guys :D I just really started working on it now, just finished the Recycle Bin, just a Umbrella Icon nothing special. Right now I'm gonna see if i can do a Boot-Screen :D

Screenie of Recycle Bin :

EDIT: And I just finished my Folder's Icon and I found a nice Boot Skin

« Last Edit: 2010-07-23 20:58:36 by Masa-Buster »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: 2010-07-24 02:59:09 »
I'm loving the Boot, it looks so official. Like Resident evil went ahead and said... "you know what, let's make an operating system for the hardcore fans" lol

Can't wait to See a finished product in action.

Keep the updates coming!  ;D

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Re: Umbrella Corp. Theme
« Reply #11 on: 2010-07-24 03:24:52 »
I'm loving the Boot, it looks so official. Like Resident evil went ahead and said... "you know what, let's make an operating system for the hardcore fans" lol

Can't wait to See a finished product in action.

Keep the updates coming!  ;D

:D Thanks, all thats left now is the sound scheme, right now I have a MGS one so i might use some from that. (Program Start: MGS2 when you open a node, close-to-modern lab sounds) then I have to watch through the movies which I totatly don't mind xD might play the games again, just to get some sounds xD Maybe for windows shut down some Zombie moaning? No clue yet xD

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: 2010-07-24 05:06:14 »
Haha I like the MGS sounds for lab sounds. They are like, the perfect generic MIDI files you'd think to find in an old "looking through the lab" part of a game.

A few Ideas that hit me while reading your ideas lol:

Log-in sounds : The clicking keyboard and then boot sound you hear in a lot of old games when accessing a computer, if you don't know what I'm talking about let me know and I'll try to find something. I think Fallout three uses a somewhat "modernized" version of the sound OR The sound of the footsteps walking up and opening a door lol (that always was just an addition to the creepiness

Log-out : definitely some type of zombie groad, Possibly even the dying sounds from RE1  ;D Or possibly a Nemesis moment (I was a huge Nemesis fan back in the day :P)

And some things like the sound of unlocking doors and jangling keys here and there. All those little sounds that made the game as spooky as it is.

Just an opinion. I'm sure you will come up with some awesome stuff!

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-07-24 08:30:07 »
You ever think of incorporating the whole "RESIDENT EEEEVIL" voice at the beginning of each game?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-07-24 12:24:37 »
I like what you are doing with your theme. If its not too much too ask. Would you like to share it as a theme that can be used for windows blind? :)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-07-24 19:35:38 »
Sure no problem, I'll put up a finished link when its done,  (No idea how to make .themes but I'll check it out later, worse comes to worse I have to put up links one-by-one hope you guys don't mind if I do)

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: 2010-07-27 01:50:40 »
Any luck with the .theme making process? I've been looking for a way to make something myself for a really unique sound scheme  :-P

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-07-27 03:12:30 »
I'm out for a little, everything is on my computer at home >_< I got like 3 or 4 sounds done before I left though, nothing on a .theme tho but because of the Boot-skin ad the Logon your gonna need Wincustomize, so I'm probably

EDIT: AH-HEEM Me and My girlfriend just broke up :'( so i'm delaying the project for a little I'll post again when I'm ready to continue.

Thanks guys

« Last Edit: 2010-07-27 06:46:57 by Masa-Buster »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 2010-07-28 02:18:18 »
Ahh that sucks bro, I feel for you.  :'(

*attempts very long/complicated/lengthy handshake that leaves both people feeling awkward and uncomfortable, but at the same time, takes your mind off women*

have you been using any certain programs to change sounds? or just doing it manually?

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-07-28 03:41:52 »
Been doing it manually, through Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel, I don't know if I could save a scheme and then post a link to it and it'll work or you'll have to "install" the sounds manually which isn't that hard just kinda long. That is if 5-15 min to you is long xD

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: 2010-07-28 03:46:46 »
Well if I'm correct this is a vista-theme right?

So I'd have to manually install your theme anyway to get a decent Win7 theme :P

But I was wondering because I was going to do up a new sound scheme just to have one lol, didn't know if you had any good tips/tricks to get them in quicker :P

There are a few Sound Scheme programs out there and I'm going to try Using Audacity along with this IFx Program. I'll let you know if it makes things easier, or "saveable" as like a compilation kind of save  ;)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-07-28 05:49:31 »
Windows XP Theme, but it should work on Vista / Win7 as far as I know, I haven't tested it simply because I don't have a extra comp or anything to test it on XD. I never used Audacity yet, I'll have to check it out !