Author Topic: My thoughts on Metal Gear Solid 4  (Read 12280 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts on Metal Gear Solid 4
« Reply #25 on: 2010-08-08 07:04:53 »
I really liked MGS4, just not what they turned into. I'd like it alot more if it was the good old traditional MGS feel, like MGS2/3.
Tho 1 did have the same, MGS1 was completely unique. MGS1 is probably one of the best games of all time, always #1 on any of my favorite video game lists. MGS4 was bleh, toke 2 playthroughs to get the story 100% for me.  Then the end with *** **** really surprised me. Over all I'd give MGS4 and 7/10. Was on the verge of perfection, but just not quite. The sudden gameplay change really pissed me off, and Snake suddenly becoming OVER 9000!!!!!! was too much of a What the **** moment. Either way as an MGS Fan-Boy, it was great.

It only took me one playthrough to grasp the story, and the ending there with *** **** made me cry.  I didn't even cry when I was 8 and saw Aeris die...alright, maybe I cried a little, but not as much as the end of MGS4

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-08-08 09:24:05 »
I don't know maybe its just me, but no game has made me cry. Unless D&D counts coz my level 20 Elf Sorcerer Died :'( But I just threw my dice and went to get a drink :D

It was nice to see a 1080p *** ****, instead of a 8-bit/16-Bit one. :D Or just a plain picture.

I just didn't get much of the story first time, think it was cause I was still confused with the sudden time change and no background story to where MGS4 would lead up. AKA MGS2 - > MGS4. Unless*SPOILER ALERT FOR MGS:RISING!!! (Kinda) Raiden going to save sunny from Area 51 is a background story and even then it isn't.

I guess just the thing with the AIs made me go what the hell...?

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-08-08 15:24:07 »
ISnake suddenly becoming OVER 9000!!!!!! was too much of a What the **** moment. Either way as an MGS Fan-Boy, it was great.

haha! I spotted the DBZ reference that's 1000 fan boy points for me!