Author Topic: Modding FFVII for PSX using Hojo 1.1 help  (Read 2595 times)

Pain316

• View Profile
Modding FFVII for PSX using Hojo 1.1 help
« on: 2010-09-17 19:30:08 »
I almost posted this in the Hojo thread though I suppose here would be more appropriate.

My problem is this; I am trying to mod FFVII for PSX using Hojo 1.1 and an bin image I have. Using Alcohol 52% I mounted the bin file to a virtual drive. I then copy and pasted the necessary files and was able to use Hojo successfully except for one thing; after altering the enemy data how do I pack all that info back into a file that would be readable for say... EpsxE ?

Also curiously the only game files I could NOT transfer to my hard drive was the movie files...  :|

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE : I used CD mage to extract all the psx iso files, modified the scene and bin with hojo, and then re-packed it all with ImgBurn (as I could not figure out how to do that with cdmage). Still, afterward EpsxE wouldn't even open it so I assume something went wrong somewhere...

I also noticed another user mentioned something about a suggested software list. I have looked for such a list but as of yet have been unable to find it. If some one could provide a link or address to that it would be helpful as well.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-18 02:04:19 by Pain316 »

LostWingx

• View Profile
Re: Modding FFVII for PSX using Hojo 1.1 help
« Reply #1 on: 2010-09-17 22:54:19 »
Hey I am fairly new at this too, but perhaps with a few days extra experience lol.  I think you should just get CDmage caue thats what everyone else here uses, best to keep procedures for this stuff Standardized so troubleshooting is the same for everyone.  Anyway, I am also having issues with Scene Editing.  I think this goes in a different part of the site actually.  Look around a bit and see if you can find some more answers.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Modding FFVII for PSX using Hojo 1.1 help
« Reply #2 on: 2010-09-18 15:47:34 »

UPDATE : I used CD mage to extract all the psx iso files, modified the scene and bin with hojo, and then re-packed it all with ImgBurn (as I could not figure out how to do that with cdmage). Still, afterward EpsxE wouldn't even open it so I assume something went wrong somewhere...

I also noticed another user mentioned something about a suggested software list. I have looked for such a list but as of yet have been unable to find it. If some one could provide a link or address to that it would be helpful as well.

Thanks again.

You should use the CDMage Beta to reinsert the files. ImgBurn will just try and compile a CD-ROM filesystem from the files you offer it. You obviously don't want this for a PS One bootable disc, which has a completely different filesystem.