Author Topic: New user PM to me about getting NPC RP working with the Ultima EDition  (Read 5231 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile

User name xul4up4d93

FF7 Mod
« Sent to: ice_cold513 on: Today at 07:00:30 » ReplyQuoteDelete

I'm trying to get the mod patched to the Ultima Edition, but your NPC RP v0.6 exe can't seem to find the files.

It gives me this error: This program cannot update the installed version of MyProduct because of the following reason:

The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update.

But I've checked and there are a lot of files stuck in the newly created "char" files. I did everything according...

I'm using XP, and I *didn't* use the XP Patch for the Ultima edition, because it was working pretty well without it in the first place

MY little rant here

WHY THE HELL WITH I HELP (no more caps) when i spent the time making the patch not to work with it.

If i was a mod i would so BAN people asking for help with Ultima edition.

Rant over

I don't post here much any more but i'm still here watching over forum. If i wasn't using a laptop now days as i don't live at home
then i would love to help TA as they are doing fantastic work and it what i dream to do with FF7 all them years ago.

GO Team Avalanche !!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
lol

Considering I wrote the "how to make FF7 work" guide, it's strange that I don't get retarded PMs asking me for help. I wonder why that is...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Seems that he's read the rules because he seems to know that you're supposed we don't allow this, thus sticking to PM. Or he's PM'ing you because he's an asshat.

Come to think of it, his only reason for not using the XP patch is a stupid one. So "asshat" it is.

Kudi, he obviously didn't read your guide. I can tell because:
his only reason for not using the XP patch is a stupid one.

In fact, the people who ask these questions almost certainly never read any guides. Ever.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
 >:(

sl1982 is not pleased by this. It is bad enough that we get people posting about this in the forums. Please let me know if anyone else is doing this.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
His reason for not using the XP patch is well founded in truth, it works perfectly fine without the patch, since the XP patch he is referring to is the AnimeVamp 1.4 patch included in the Ultima edition, the one that installed a file or something that can mess up midi playback but doesn't tell you that's what is being installed.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
His reason for not using the XP patch is well founded in truth, it works perfectly fine without the patch, since the XP patch he is referring to is the AnimeVamp 1.4 patch included in the Ultima edition, the one that installed a file or something that can mess up midi playback but doesn't tell you that's what is being installed.
"It breaks your midi playback" is a good reason.
"I didn't need it" suggests he didn't know that it'll cause problems, just that he didn't see any reason to use it.

obesebear

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up.   Unfortunately our banning powers can only stop people from posting.  I'm pretty sure PMs can still be sent and they can still browse around the forums.   However, if ya'll would like to petition qhimm to give us banning rights, I wouldn't complain.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
One of these days, I'd actually like to see an FF7.exe Ultima 'in the wild', and compare it with the authentic executable under a hex editor.

I half expect to find little difference, but I suspect the assets will show the differences.

obesebear

• View Profile
One of these days, I'd actually like to see an FF7.exe Ultima 'in the wild', and compare it with the authentic executable under a hex editor.

I half expect to find little difference, but I suspect the assets will show the differences.
Someone already beat you to it a few years ago.  There's a big long post about the differences somewhere around here...

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
"It breaks your midi playback" is a good reason.
"I didn't need it" suggests he didn't know that it'll cause problems, just that he didn't see any reason to use it.

Well... he was using the Ultima Edition, I think you're overestimating his intelligence