Author Topic: Rule clarification..  (Read 5712 times)

endlessdamage

• View Profile
Rule clarification..
« on: 2010-10-22 22:53:36 »
Under General Discussion, the description is as follows.
"General FF/Square topics belong here, along with stuff that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere"

Now, under the new rules, the guidelines for 'General Discussion' are..
"For vague questions.  Anything pertaining to one of the Final Fantasies.  If it's not a question specific to a program or mod, it goes here."

So now the clarification should be obvious. Is General only for FF, or is it for FF along with anything Square?

I wanted to post this under the new rules, but it is locked. Then I was going to post it in General Discussion, so the mods would actually see it and fix the mistake, but that would definitely get me in trouble. I am not trying to be an asshole, or a stickler here. But I think that some organization is key. So in advance, I apologize if I anger or upset somebody.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Rule clarification..
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-22 23:32:56 »
Either one works fine. If you wish to talk about a square game that is not a final fantasy in general i have no real problem with it. Or if you wish to talk about it in unrelated that is fine too.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-23 01:50:31 »
Under General Discussion, the description is as follows.
"General FF/Square topics belong here, along with stuff that doesn't quite fit in elsewhere"

Now, under the new rules, the guidelines for 'General Discussion' are..
"For vague questions.  Anything pertaining to one of the Final Fantasies.  If it's not a question specific to a program or mod, it goes here."

So now the clarification should be obvious. Is General only for FF, or is it for FF along with anything Square?

I wanted to post this under the new rules, but it is locked. Then I was going to post it in General Discussion, so the mods would actually see it and fix the mistake, but that would definitely get me in trouble. I am not trying to be an ahole, or a stickler here. But I think that some organization is key. So in advance, I apologize if I anger or upset somebody.
You read the rules. That is awesome. Do you have any idea how grateful I am and many of the mods here as well?

Instead of getting threads like "how put ac kula mod any show me how thank yu" in General.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-23 02:22:45 »
Instead of getting threads like "how put ac kula mod any show me how thank yu" in General.

Or some freak necro'ing a thread about a dead project by a now-inactive user, asking how's it going because there've been no posts for a while.

A rule-reader is very refreshing to have around in a day and age where 95% of Newbies want to get warned...

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-23 03:22:13 »
oh my god... someone actually read the rules, IT MUST BE THE SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE *hides in a bomb shelter*

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-23 03:26:19 »
Not to be mean, prejudice, offensive, or anything of such but most of the users whom post things about ripping, illegal models, AC mods, and anything of that sort; tend to be non-English-speaking people.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-23 04:30:55 »
Not to be mean, prejudice, offensive, or anything of such but most of the users whom post things about ripping, illegal models, AC mods, and anything of that sort; tend to be non-English-speaking people.

Could this mean that they did read the rules just failed to understand them?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-23 04:59:26 »
They probably don't know where to find the rules or what they are or anything.  In which case, it's annoying that they would register here to start with.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-23 05:23:09 »
So I saw this show on TV, Ice Road Truckers Most Deadly Roadways or something like that, the people driving are utterly insane and there appear to be no traffic laws whatsoever.  Perhaps since the internet is the 'information super-highway' these same drivers have made their way to qhimm?

-thank goodness this is in completely unrelated

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-23 23:34:16 »
Ok, I do understand the rules. I also understand that anything Square may also be accepted inside of general, I just felt as though it needed some clarification to make sure I wasnt the only one who knew that.

They probably don't know where to find the rules or what they are or anything.  In which case, it's annoying that they would register here to start with.

Here would you be talking about those 'non english folks'  spoken of above, or would you be talking about me? As I stated earlier. I understand the rules, I just dont want anyone else to not understand them. And a post that looks as though someone is criticizing the rules? I feel like that would attract the attention of those that dont necessarily read the rules in the first place. Smart eh?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-24 00:32:47 »

Here would you be talking about those 'non english folks'  spoken of above, or would you be talking about me?

That depends.  Can you speak English?  It looks to me like you can.  What I was saying is that it's annoying that someone who doesn't speak at least relatively understandable English would join an English-speaking forum, and use google translate or whatever to figure out what everyone is saying.  How is someone like that supposed to know the rules when he doesn't even understand at first what the word "rules" means (or rather, translates to, in his language)?

Anyway.  I'm ranting.  And no, this rant doesn't apply to you.  Your English is fine for all intents and purposes :)

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-10-24 01:45:31 »
Anyway.  I'm ranting.  And no, this rant doesn't apply to you.  Your English is fine for all intents and purposes :)

Why thank you =]