Author Topic: Missing files? Where do I find them  (Read 2478 times)

XTREEMMAK

Missing files? Where do I find them
« on: 2010-12-28 05:12:04 »
Apparently,

After a fresh install of the game and loading the 2.5.1 remix which included the hand patch, model reworks, etc, there seems to be some files missing. Noticed it first when Areith appeared for the first time, and noticed it again when Tiffa finally joins the party. The first error said something around hand_1_01 or something where it seemed like both of Areith's hands were gone, and the other was Tiff .t09 . I must be missing something....

Update:
Another file is also missing: EAREITH .T09 ...
« Last Edit: 2010-12-28 05:37:38 by XTREEMMAK »

Doku

• View Profile
Re: Missing files? Where do I find them
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-28 09:52:07 »
Normally, you have all files with this patch.

Take a look here : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.0

Test again just by following all the steps written in this topic.
Try "FF7OpenGL.reg", it solves many problems, and the game must already be installed to "%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII.

Told us if it does not work :)

XTREEMMAK

« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-29 02:57:52 »
Nope no dice with the reinstall.

I'm looking at the registry file now. It says in the path that it's registered to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics]
"DriverPath"=ff7_opengl.fgd"

Not sure what that has to do with the missing files, but yeah they are still missing...

Doku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-29 11:27:29 »
I don't see why it don't working :/

If your computer is running with vista/w7 , run the game on Administrator mode ...

Sorry if I can not help you more  :|

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-29 18:53:28 »
the REG file is obsolete, now the openGL driver is incorporated into the FF7config application. If your download contained the REG file, you are using an old version of it.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.msg152402#msg152402

As far as the missing models....maybe something happened while installing the remix patcher.