Author Topic: FF7 Help:Problems when changing from quarter to full screen using ff7 config  (Read 3565 times)

Anagram

Hello everyone. I would like to ask you for help regarding this. First I'm using the ff7 remix in case you're wondering. And I did try looking for other topics relating to this before I resorted to this. I have the 1.02 patch and ff7 opengl 0.7.9b. Ok, here's the problem, it runs perfectly when using quarter screen. Here's the niggler though, when I change it to full screen, a couple of things happen. One, the eidos logo doesn't appear when I run the game anymore, it just goes straight to the new game and continue screen, two, save games blue rectangle screen has small reddish lines on it, three, barrett's battle model is now black except for his gun, and four, the music is now lagging(it's like the background music is playing twice at the same time). There is also a slight delay when I get into a battle(when the battle first starts up it freezes a little bit and then goes. All of this didnt happen until I changed from quarter screen to full screen. Any ideas, suggestions or help on this if you dont mind?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
how are you changing to full screen ? cause you should be doing it by editing aalis driver config file. NOT in the ff7config program.

Anagram

That chocobo icon

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
you will need to edit the driver config file. its located in your FF7 install path look for the file called "ff7_opengl.cfg". open it w/ a text editor (i.e notepad) and look for the display settings.

Anagram

I did that, with the settings I usually change too, it's full screen, but not in the way I want it. I can't see all of my background. It's like a small box inside a bigger box kind of thing.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
reset what ever you changed in the ff7 config program . its also possible you have not installed the driver correctly or you just may have a crappy video card. see aali's driver tech support thread for common issues and solutions.