Author Topic: Standard RPG's just not cutting it anymore  (Read 16562 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Standard RPG's just not cutting it anymore
« Reply #25 on: 2011-04-25 05:17:19 »
You aren't skilled in the ways of quotation marks yet. When there are quotes at the end of the sentence, the punctuation mark comes before the closing quotation mark.
This is only an American standard, not one used worldwide. The British standard would in fact stick the closing quotation mark before the period in this instance. If you insist on correcting me, read up on what you're correcting.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-04-25 14:11:47 »
This, same goes for all Re games up till 3, which are the ones I have played, they were not the extremely challenging games that everyone made them out to be, 95% of the time I died in those games, I was yelling F@ck these controls as I tried desperately to figure out what arrow would take me forward and not have me run unintentionally into a hoard of zombies, at least in Re4/5 when I died, It was due to my own stupidity.

Up would take you forward, always. Camera angles were awesome to create the ambience and capcom seem to have understood that lately, since they added the possibility to play RE5 addons with that angles.

Tbh RE1, RE2 and maybe Code Veronica were the best RE.
RE3 and forward was just downhill.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-25 14:14:49 by Nightmarish »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-04-25 14:18:29 »
resident evil controls were great, if you learned them.  It made the game far more enjoyable as a whole because you couldn't just go dive out of the way etc, it made danger more imminent.  Also, some of the challenges and puzzles on the earlier games were much tougher than what came later.

Now it is just another shooter.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-04-25 20:07:20 »
I thought you only included the period within the quotation mark if what you are quoting was also the end of a sentence.

e.g.
You, "Hi, what's up?"
Me, "Why did you say 'up?'"
Since the question mark is the end of both sentences (the one I'm saying AND the one I'm quoting) it falls within the quotes.
But if I was going to say, "Why did you say 'what's'?" The punctuation falls outside of the quote, as that is not the end of the sentence that I am quoting.

I am pretty sure that Covarr saying "everyone". is correct since "everyone" was not the end of Bosola's comment.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-04-25 20:48:12 »
I thought you only included the period within the quotation mark if what you are quoting was also the end of a sentence.

e.g.
You, "Hi, what's up?"
Me, "Why did you say 'up?'"
Since the question mark is the end of both sentences (the one I'm saying AND the one I'm quoting) it falls within the quotes.
But if I was going to say, "Why did you say 'what's'?" The punctuation falls outside of the quote, as that is not the end of the sentence that I am quoting.

I am pretty sure that Covarr saying "everyone". is correct since "everyone" was not the end of Bosola's comment.
Not entirely. The correct behavior varies by locale. What you are saying is generally considered correct by most British style guides, but in most American style guides the quotation mark must always go after the period unless there's another piece of punctuation immediately afterwards.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-04-25 21:18:20 »
Not entirely. The correct behavior varies by locale. What you are saying is generally considered correct by most British style guides, but in most American style guides the quotation mark must always go after the period unless there's another piece of punctuation immediately afterwards.
Yeah I was going by that. Sorry, I didn't know it changed by location.

But on another subject, has anyone played Dissidia 012?

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-04-26 16:56:10 »
Well, oops.
Quotes: I'm doing it wrong.

Oh well, now I am educated (although I like the British way better. It just seems more sensical.  :oops: )

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-05-06 15:56:52 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:22:01 by Jenova's Witness »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-05-10 11:40:45 »
I remember having great fun with this RPG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJC3HjNrPM

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-05-10 18:53:56 »
I was never into the heavily J-icized JRPGs.  I prefer odd games like SaGa Frontier.

Speaking of which, SaGa Frontier is the only SaGa I really liked. I didn't try the SNES ones though (not sure if fans fully translated one) ; only SaGa Frontier 1&2, Minstrel's Song and Unlimited SaGa. The series is dead though, and it's a shame. There are so many game series I was into that died, it's frightening/sickening.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-05-10 19:31:10 »
I remember having great fun with this RPG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgJC3HjNrPM

I love you! All I have ever played is the super nintendo version, which I loved, and also oddly seems extremely limited in comparison.