Author Topic: I AM ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!  (Read 22700 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: I AM ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!
« Reply #50 on: 2011-05-09 22:41:46 »
Apply it to those with information and those without information.  The answer becomes:  Who are you torturing and what do they know?  I also think the threat of future torture or indirect methods of torture play a role.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011-05-09 22:56:14 »
The answer becomes:  Who are you torturing and what do they know?

It really doesn't matter.

I also think the threat of future torture or indirect methods of torture play a role.

Even better! Now the terrorists can anticipate the torture methods and expect it, as well as plan for it. They can plan for an agent to be caught, and deliberately give him false info. To send us on a wild goose chase spending millions.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-10 02:31:29 by Mako »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #52 on: 2011-05-10 00:12:35 »
*refer to my first post regarding torture.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #53 on: 2011-05-10 00:14:32 »
Even better! Now the terrorists can anticipate the tortur methods and expect it, as well as plan for it. Then can plan for an agent to be caught, and deliberately give him false info. To send us on a wild goose chase spending millions.

*cough* WMD's *cough*

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011-05-10 01:12:50 »
lostwing, understand that scenario is very very rare (if possible), to know EVERYTHING there is to know about the person you are going to torture?! Before you torture them... See my last post is a more likely scenario, and even relates to your movie you mentioned.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011-05-10 09:56:48 »
I don't think torturing should be exercised at all.  Isn't there some kind of mind-altering substance out there that could inhibit the person's... inhibitions and just make him answer every question without really thinking about it?  Hell, you could probably do it with a generous dose of alcohol.  I just don't see how torture can be effective especially when there's no guarantee that the person has the information you're looking for and that what he's telling you is definitely true (especially when what he thinks is true may not be the truth).

Although, that's just torturing for information.  If your purposes are different - say if you just want to make POW No. 454 behave himself - then maybe it is effective, though I'm not saying it's therefore right.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: 2011-05-10 11:08:37 »
This shows us how much an English degree from Cambridge is worth.

ah christ

Bosola's argument is torture never works, and I find that an amazing argument which has no proof at al

Sure. I said that under no circumstances has a true word ever, ever been said by a human being in any state that could be considered duress. That is exactly what I said. This is the only viable reading of my post and Seifer isn't being deliberately oblique in a bid to irritate everyone.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011-05-10 21:51:31 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:18:42 by Jenova's Witness »