Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remastered  (Read 8345 times)

Malice

Final Fantasy VII Remastered
« on: 2011-06-08 16:25:30 »
Ok I've been viewing this community and taking part in using it's work for years upon years now. Recently I decided to make an effort to put a "Remastered" touch to the entire game upon install nothing super fancy like the AC Mods just the touched up graphics, menu, and everything in the Remix installer. I am here to ask if I am allowed to release the Installer?

The installer will contain shout outs for everyone involved in the creative process of all modifications used and will link back to this community. The readme enclosed will do the same. I just felt it would be wrong to attempt to release it here without consent.

As a last thought:

I would of course welcome any corrections to the installer from the community...

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remastered
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-08 16:41:34 »
What's the difference between this and the remix installer?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-08 16:44:10 »
I'd show some samples.

Malice

« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-08 16:48:17 »
The main difference from this and the Remix installer is this will install the actual game and has the new menu system from DLPB it also features a completely new credits scene and a completely new opening video. 

-EDIT-

Forgot to say that this will also carry the updated 7.9b OpenGL driver instead of 7.6b I would implement 7.10b but it has some serious issues with my system and I can not promise that it will work correctly with the release.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-08 16:49:51 by Malice »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-08 16:55:00 »
Unfortunately installing the actual game is a huge "no no".  So unless it patches people's already installed game, it won't be allowed or supported here.

Malice

« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-08 16:58:13 »
Hmn...I can tell it to do this aswell. It will only take some rearranging..so in all truths in that fashion it will simply be an updated Remix Installer. It will definitely carry some fixes to the Remix installer and I hope to release it today. Thank you for the input. I'm not sure if you'll want to take down this thread and have me release the installer on the Projects forum or not please specify if you can.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-08 17:05:20 »
It would need to be started in the Projects thread, yes.  You'll also need to get an OK from the creators of the respective mods you're using.

Malice

« Reply #7 on: 2011-06-08 17:56:43 »
Ok well everyone who cares about this little thread heres some news:

I have sent emails asking permission to use the updates that will be in my "UPDATER" release. The moment I have permission from these individuals I will post in this thread and then create a thread in Projects with links to the installer.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-09 01:45:02 »
You will not be able to contact me by email but you are free to include Team Avalanche's work in your release as long as proper credit is given and you are not trying to sell it.

Malice

« Reply #9 on: 2011-06-10 16:41:26 »
You will not be able to contact me by email but you are free to include Team Avalanche's work in your release as long as proper credit is given and you are not trying to sell it.

Thank you very much. What I have decided to do is edit the Remix installer with the changes desired. I have edited the text in the installer to reflect these changes with a small amount of grammatical fixes because I am OCD :3 You will of course have access to it before I release it. It gives shout outs to all involved, including the creator of the Remix Installer. It will be released today and I hope you all enjoy the updated content.

Malice

« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-11 17:11:14 »
Ok everyone hit a small speed bump. I have successfully incorporated the additions to Titeguy3's installer (No I will NOT release until I have his consent to do so.) But as I mentioned before the Remix patch and my own attempts have yielded shotty results to me thusfar for Win7 64-bit. So I did a full sweep of all files, completely made sure all placements were correct in order to run on 64-Bit Win7 with UAC completely disabled. (This installation was installed Via Fresh FF7 Installation + FFVII Remix Remastered 1.0a) The APP.LOG is very concise that the game has loaded no problems until right after the credits are supposed to engage. I know that tm20dec.ax is present in the C:\Windows\System32 and I have also moved my installation out of the C:\Program Files (x86) for simplicity and I have check that all registry edits for 64bitpostinstall have been successful.

(Note: The very same installation process works with no tweaking needed on Windows XP)

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.9b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+/PCI/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: main program link log: Fragment info
-------------
0(42) : warning C7050: "texture_color.xyz" might be used before being initialized

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Users\GaminShiz\Downloads\Final Fantasy VII\data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
set music volume: 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Users\GaminShiz\Downloads\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Users\GaminShiz\Downloads\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 640x480, 25.000000 FPS, duration: 215.457959, frames: 5386
ERROR: unhandled exception

I however do not have much knowledge in debugging and would appreciate some help.

here is the crash.dmp

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GFT8FTWM
« Last Edit: 2011-06-11 17:13:01 by Malice »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-06-11 17:43:33 »
Might be a driver issue, latest nvidia drivers dont work well with aali's driver.

Malice

« Reply #12 on: 2011-06-11 18:30:28 »
Might be a driver issue, latest nvidia drivers dont work well with aali's driver.

I don't know the specific differences between Nvidia Geforce Drivers on my Win7 64-bit and My Windows XP 32-Bit but I do know the were both very recently installed with the latest package from the Nvidia Website for my card series. So they are both the same release. Hmn... Maybe someone can pry into that crash file and give a bit more detailed examination.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-06-23 00:04:56 »
Are you running ff7.exe with the privilege level set to 'Run this program as an administrator?'
I use Windows 7 64bit, and I get strange results when I run a modded FF7 without administrator privileges.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-06-30 03:26:45 »
Hi Malice

the 'tm20dec.ax'  should be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for 64Bit Systems, but i think, that is not the Problem.

For testing issue, copy the both logo-Movies from your Original to your HDD and tell, what happens.

Greetings Kompss63

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English... ;D