Author Topic: New round here!  (Read 3035 times)

Nismo

New round here!
« on: 2012-01-14 21:27:35 »
Ok as you can see I am new to the forum, just thought it might be best if I posted a little about me before jumping in on peoples posts lol.

I think like most I found FFVII and fell in love with it, however i didn't directly buy the game or even know what it was until i played it. FFVII was a free game I got when I bought a PS1 from a friend lol, since FFVII I have played every Final Fantasy there after even spending 6 long years playing FFXI online.

I have just tried to get my kids to play FFVII however with owning a Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, PSP and about 5 gaming PC's its hard to get them to see the true genius of the game... and so I found this forum. From what I have seen the work you guys have done so far is amazing, I would love to help in any way I can with anything you guys need.

Nis.

Livesey

• View Profile
Re: New round here!
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-14 21:43:07 »
It's a shame new gamers have missed out on so many of the brilliant games from the past. I do not envy them at all. I mean damn the feeling I got when iI first played Golden eye, they have missed out on so much.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-14 22:00:49 »
Welcome to the forum, and out of interest, how old are your kids?

I considered having kids, but the time wasn't right.

But, as for helping with the forum, are you able to make models or textures already, or are you more involved in writing?

There's surprisingly few number of actual writers here and another one would be appreciated to help take the load off others.

But, your username sounds familiar to someone I used to know on a different forum, would you object if I asked for the meaning behind it?

As for mine, It was the name of a close friend of mine that passed away. (there's no reason for it to become a point of discussion.)

If I didn't name it after him, then I'd have used something along the lines of Ultima Thule, which more or less means 'end of the world' as it extends past the known boundries, not the actual end of the world.

Hope to see you become a productive member here.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-14 22:23:32 »
It's a shame new gamers have missed out on so many of the brilliant games from the past. I do not envy them at all. I mean damn the feeling I got when iI first played Golden eye, they have missed out on so much.

I went out and bought a used N64  just to play GoldenEye and Prefect Dark as originally intended.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-15 07:39:36 »
Welcome to the forums Nismo! And I also do not envy the new generation of gamers. We had it made back in the day. I just went through Mega Man X the other day. So much fun!

Nismo

« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-17 15:57:57 »
Ah my name... sorry nothing special had it for about 15 years now all my friends call me Nis lol I used to own a Nissan Skyline R32, real beat up old thing and i wanted the best of the best for it so I bought parts from a tuning company called Nismo. The project died along with all my cash and all I got from it was a nick name lol.

I have 3 children of which two live with me aged 11, 12 and 6 the youngest living with his mother... long story crazy life... what not.

Skills wise... well in life im a qualified mechanic and im studying to be a mechanical engineer, I cage fight so I train for that around 4 nights a week as well as play football (Soccer for those over the pond) 3 nights. I used to run a shop a long time ago mod-chipping xbox's and ps2's i was one of the first people in England to successfully install the Neo-2 chip, if anyone knows how hard it was back in the day to chip PS2's then you will know what it was like to have 140 wire mod that had to piggy back the main rom.... it sucked so bad but got me alot of cash lol. I used to be a huge fan of Halo before the 3rd one after that it kind of got a bit out of hand for my liking, I did mod Halo 2 for a while creating my own weapons and environments for personal use I also used a max studio for modding GTA SAN AN making new cars and some map mods but as you can see with the games it has been a long time.

My writing skills are.... well im not to sure, I can brain storm and maybe come up with rough stuff but as far as editing it into a worth while story I am far from qualified lol. But again anything you want to dump on me is fine im happy to give anything a go and fine that I pick stuff up fast. Most nights im free or just playing cod so just give me a shout!

Nismo

« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-17 18:55:19 »
Oh just a quick one, how does one go about sending a message on here? i can see that it is disabled =( something i need to do?

EDIT: You know ... sometimes i should re-read stuff at a suitable time of the day lol ignore my question thanks!!
« Last Edit: 2012-01-17 18:57:35 by Nismo »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-18 01:20:29 »
Private messages are disabled until you have the required amount of posts, which i believe is 5. It helps prevent pm abuse by new members.