Author Topic: A New Mod for General Chat  (Read 8348 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
A New Mod for General Chat
« on: 2001-06-02 18:49:00 »
Hello everyone!
I've got permission from Qhimm to let you guys choose a new mod for this forum!

Firstly, I need all of you to give me some nominations.

Here are some rules:-
1. Any of the nominees must have registered here before January 2001. (Thanks Ant, my mistake!)

2. The user be neutral and not be biased towards other opinions. It's all right for him / her to have opinions but not biased. For example, the person must not be biased to just curse Joey for anything though Joey's comment IS RIGHT. :P

3. The user must also visit this forum often enough. I'm not asking for someone who visits the board every hour but at least once in a week?

4. And there will be no self-nominating!!!

If neccessary, maybe we'll add a co-mod.
Remember, this is the nominee session and the voting session has not been started yet.

It would be nice if you guys decide to give at least some short reason why you would like to nominate someone.

So start nominating now!!!

[This message has been edited by The SaiNt (edited June 03, 2001).]

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2001-06-02 19:13:00 »
I nominate eerrrr! He's been here for ages.. he knows what he's talking about and i think he would make a good moderator.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-06-02 19:33:00 »
wow! thanks Mark! that would be cool. i think i'll nominate Srethron, becuase he always has a useful input on subjects most poeple wouldnt know anything about (not saying he's wierd, just clever). if i became mod....i think i'll start writing gramatically correct, with capital letters at the beginning of each sentence. Wouldn't that be nice?

Ant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2001-06-02 20:51:00 »
I nominate Ficedula as he seems to be one of the key players w/r to the FF7 remake plus he is a code monkey what with cosmo seeming to be just as popular as Qhimms proggies plus he hasnt been made a Moderator in any of the other Forums, whereas other people have, and he is a regular poster.

SaiNT: Dont'cha mean January 2001 ?

[This message has been edited by Ant (edited June 02, 2001).]

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-06-02 21:25:00 »
I nominate Srethon as he has a very useful input on most subjects and doesnt seem to be biased against anyone.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-06-03 00:35:00 »
ok so i cant nominate my self, Damn  :)
ok heres my opinions
ficedula, a techie minded, but now hes more involved in general chat too.
srethron, comes on in bursts, some times is too busy to be seen for days.
sir canelot gets my vote, or errr, sir canelot is a old timer with also errr.

then again im the most *cough* experienced also ive been here since last september, but then i cant vote for myself, i might try campaigning (this ties in with the general election over here- im trying to go OTT)
saj

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: 2001-06-03 01:25:00 »
fice

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #7 on: 2001-06-03 06:06:00 »
Fice Seriously but as were not voting yet and still nominating people yeah geez ya know what i think fice ..

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-06-03 06:07:00 »
Fice Seriously but as were not voting yet and still nominating people yeah... geez ya know what i think fice ..

Damn DOUBLE POST!!! AAACK!!! Stupid IE

[This message has been edited by Caddberry (edited June 03, 2001).]

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-06-03 20:06:00 »
The Sliister? I think he had the most post count, thus then I can say that he contribute a lot in this forum.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-06-03 21:29:00 »
Really, it would be strange if Skillster became a mod. His 5 stars would become 4 stars  :)
I think I'll close the nominations tomorrow(Monday).

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2001-06-03 23:39:00 »
Ah Skillster appears you have recived you big bag of money alright then?  :D

I have never been a mod so I wouldent mind giving the possistion a whirl. I would be honored to mod for this forum.

As for me nomiateing?
I dont now. Eerrrr I supose.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-06-04 01:11:00 »
5 stars 4 stars? bah, dont pester me with minor details  :)
im honoured to be associated with this nominating process and pleased to be a long member of this board.
but like i said before way way ago
to myself srethron and dag sverre, after we hit 100 posts:
"doesnt matter what rank you are, u will be looked up to by newbies, so we have to set the example, keep up the good work."

something like that  :P
anyways enuff of my campaign speech
saj-

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-06-04 01:19:00 »
Your right, I respect you guys alot, especially Dagsverre after all the stuff he has done for final fantasys and after the postings he made in the alt.finalfantasy.tech-support newsgroup(which is dead btw, i long for those days when FF8 was anew and there were lots of questions to ask, but now ff10 is gonna be out on the pc its gonna fill up pretty quickly)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-06-04 02:07:00 »
Tech support news group!? Blagh they should put a note in the packing pointing people to our eidos forums. We have helped probley about....7 and a half(long story. Turned out that strange person was a frog in the end)  people get FFVII/VIII working fine and dandy. So how succesful was this newsgroup!? Bet you didnt get a talking frog!

Damnit notes are slow things to revise.

[This message has been edited by Sir Canealot (edited June 03, 2001).]

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #15 on: 2001-06-04 02:36:00 »
The newsgroup was the best place on the net for some months, one year ago. Lot's of small questions, and five or six regulars hanging around...I'd say it had about five posts a day (none in slow periods, twenty in good ones), not a lot but on the other hand we didn't have to put up with too much trolling.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-06-04 03:03:00 »
I was a regular and the questions were all similar but different which made it challenging to answer them. It was one of the livliest places for FFTechSupport on the net.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-06-04 16:52:00 »
Well when it returns you can expect me there telling people to copy movies to the hard disk.

Vote for me!  :)

Really do. Bigs bags of money will be handed out once I am kind of the world. Ack to bed with me.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-06-04 10:27:00 »
There, nominations closed.
Watch out for another thread soon.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2001-06-04 11:10:00 »
ya know what i just wanted to say this b 4 everyone votes.. I got to thinking about it and i think Skillster would make a great mod for this forum .. think about it hes always here! Who else can really say that? Fice would be a really good mod too.. but may he get too busy? and does he even want the position? cuz i didnt see him really say he would dig that...

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2001-06-04 11:44:00 »
Let the voting begin!!! http://qhimm.3dstream.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000188.html" TARGET=_blank>http://qhimm.3dstream.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000188.html

Don't post in this thread anymore, ok?