Author Topic: FF7 "Fail to load GRDA.anm"  (Read 4397 times)

pedro.1234

FF7 "Fail to load GRDA.anm"
« on: 2012-05-22 22:01:49 »
hi, i've been having the same problem over and over and i cant find it anywhere
right after i defeat Dyne and im taken to Ester where she's supposed to take cloud to the chocobo races,  the screen fades to black, the music stops and i get an error pop-up that says "Fail to load GRDA.anm" and i have to close the game..

please help me :D

thanks
« Last Edit: 2012-05-27 20:47:12 by pedro.1234 »

pedro.1234

Re: FF7 "Fail to load GRDA.anm"
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-25 20:43:00 »
no one? :/

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-26 13:50:09 »
Hello pedro.1234,
I recommend you back up all your important files and saves and do a fresh install of everything. I personally have never had this problem. I have had similar problems though. Those problems I solved by temporarily using the original files that came with the game so I could get past certain parts of the game. I hope this advice will help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am willing to help you you if you need further assistance.  :)

Man, there are so many 3D models that I have seen on Youtube.com that the creator will not give to anyone for Final Fantasy VII PC. I would love to have them, but no, I have to wait patiently until I can learn how to do it myself.

pedro.1234

« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-26 17:43:19 »
Hello pedro.1234,
I recommend you back up all your important files and saves and do a fresh install of everything. I personally have never had this problem. I have had similar problems though. Those problems I solved by temporarily using the original files that came with the game so I could get past certain parts of the game. I hope this advice will help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am willing to help you you if you need further assistance.  :)

Man, there are so many 3D models that I have seen on Youtube.com that the creator will not give to anyone for Final Fantasy VII PC. I would love to have them, but no, I have to wait patiently until I can learn how to do it myself.

Thanks, I'll try that..
could you tell me which files are important to back up?  i can't find the save files and i don't want to start over

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-27 11:53:19 »
Absolutely pedro.1234,

I have always in each different folder made a backup folder called, "bckup," or whatever you fancy. To backup a file, simply add to its name. For example, let's say I have a battle.lgp. I would rename it to battle.back1.lgp.

Do this to every folder except the ones you do not want. Copy whole entire folders for the smaller files and rename them to backup folders with the original name still in their names.

Your save folder is located in the main directory folder. If your directory is

C:/Games/FF7/

then the folder called "save" would be in that folder. If you organize your folder alphabetically, you will see the "save" folder next to the "plugins" folder and the "shaders" folder.

So, just so you know which files and folders are important to back up, I made you a list, number one being the highest priority, number two not so high as number one, exceteri...

1. The "Data" folder's contents...
 A. battle.lgp
 B. char.lgp
 C. flevel.lgp
 D. ff7.exe
 E. world_us.lgp
 F. menu.lgp
 G. kenel.bin
 H. kenel2.bin
 I. Window.bin
 J. magic.lgp
 K. FF7Config.exe
 L. ff7_opengl.cfg
 M. save00.ff7 - save09.ff7
 N. crash.ff7
 O. scene.bin
 P. chocobo.lgp
 Q. high-us.lgp
 R. snowboard-us.lgp
 S. condor.lgp
 T. coaster.lgp
 U. sub.lgp
 V. audio.fmt
 W. audio
 X. cr_us.lgp
 Y. moviecam.lgp
 Z. disc_us.lgp and so forth...

Backup what you feel is not bugged or needs to be backed up. If you have a Mod folder with certain images that you have edited, then definitely backup these mod folders and files.

This is just my opinion concerning everything I have told you here. I am not an expert programmer or modder, though I wish I was.

Be sure to check out the pre-made saves made by Eslava at this webpage:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8880.msg115218#msg115218

If you already have done this, then that was good. If you have not, please be careful not to accidentally replace your current save files with these pre-made ones.

PitBrat's Bootleg Configurator is a God-Send. Have you used the "bootleg00038" yet?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-27 14:34:25 »
Hello pedro.1234,

It is possible that your char.lgp is broken. Rename the one you have on your hard disk and copy the originals from the installation CD.
Try to play now this part of the game. If all goes well my guess was correct.
Then there remains the question of which MOD has caused that.

pedro.1234

« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-27 18:05:30 »
Hello pedro.1234,

It is possible that your char.lgp is broken. Rename the one you have on your hard disk and copy the originals from the installation CD.
Try to play now this part of the game. If all goes well my guess was correct.
Then there remains the question of which MOD has caused that.

Thanksss, that worked perfectly :D, I tried to use a MOD but it didnt work so i wouldnt know which one was hah

And ajthedj747, thanks you too.. the save folder was hidden and thats why u couldnt find it hah..

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] FF7 "Fail to load GRDA.anm"
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-27 20:11:43 »
Hi pedro.1234

That should not be a "solution", but rather a way to encircle the error.
You will now use again the old models instead of the new.

How big is your changed char.lgp and what date has it?
Can you remember which models you have installed?

pedro.1234

« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-27 20:46:56 »
Hi pedro.1234

That should not be a "solution", but rather a way to encircle the error.
You will now use again the old models instead of the new.

How big is your changed char.lgp and what date has it?
Can you remember which models you have installed?

Hmm i really dloaded a lot of mods so i wouldnt know S:
I tried with aalis opengl 0.7.11b and some others but i didnt know what i was doing :/, actually it never worked, i had to play with the original graphics since the begining

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-27 21:32:37 »
Hi pedro.1234

The MOD's are not all the fault-free and sometimes incompatible with each other.
PitBrat has done with his "bootleg FF7 mod installer and configurator" its best to this chaos to some extent become master.
If you have the English version try it once.

regards Kompass63

ajthedj747

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-31 05:04:41 »
And ajthedj747, thanks you too.. the save folder was hidden and thats why u couldnt find it hah..

You are welcome, pedro.1234 ; I never had my save folder become a hidden folder from me.

If you want to, you could send me a Private Message with what you want me to look at, that is, if you want me to.