Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2444920 times)

Salvy

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2375 on: 2014-08-07 20:38:37 »
I didn't install any driver. I did a fresh start. I custom installed the 2012 remake, installed bfe and bootleg, downloaded all of the required mods for my settings. The entire process went well except a few things: when it came to ff7 music installing it said the installer was corrupted; it couldn't find gjoerulv.exe (hardcore mode mod); and in ff7 config under the graphics tab it shows everything as passing except for the "8-bit palleted textures". It says that it failed. And the screen still has this very blurry, low resolution when playing the game. Any ideas?

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 2014-08-07 20:48:38 »
If you get a file corrupted message, you may retry to download the package / installer again. Just in case. Try to start in administrator mode and make sure your antivirus program is not interfering.

i had the same problems with the music too. i have installed the latest aali 0.81b driver and downloaded the anxious heart package http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.0 after bootlegging my ff7.
after that, i had no music problems anymore :)

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 2014-08-07 21:12:02 »
If you get a file corrupted message, you may retry to download the package / installer again. Just in case. Try to start in administrator mode and make sure your antivirus program is not interfering.

i had the same problems with the music too. i have installed the latest aali 0.81b driver and downloaded the anxious heart package http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.0 after bootlegging my ff7.
after that, i had no music problems anymore :)

AFTER bootlegging it? So If i install this now it should be fine? I don't have to reinstall.
Did you also have a problem with it being semi-hard as fuck lol is there a difficulty changer that I can see?

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 2014-08-07 21:21:51 »
I tested it by myself and it worked. You could also first try the following :

Install anxious hearts and then look at the config of the current aali driver up, so you can play the inf loop ogg with aali, not with ff7music. You need to set correcte path to the vgmstream plugin and music folder

Unfortunately i am not at the pc anymore. Additional information i can provide tomorrow or other members of the board can do that.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 2014-08-07 21:22:29 »
I was actually hoping to get the OST soundtrack during the game not the original. Can you think of anything else that I can do to fix the music?
The FF7 music is up and running during the game, it's just not playing.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 2014-08-07 21:51:36 »
For some reason, the default path to the music wasn't right! But, I finally got everything to work right now!
Thanks all!

One more thing, is there a way to change the difficulty without uninstalling or anything? I must of accidentally picked hardcore mode cause this is insane haha.

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 2014-08-08 00:57:38 »
Hey guys, I came across another problem just recently. During battles, the screen is half black where the character bars are. I tried to configure the graphics in bootlegger but they won't save after I click write CFG. When I go to FF7 Configuration, it's set to custom driver but it gives me "The specified procedure cannot be found" instead of the good message.
Is there something I can do about this?
Thanks.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 2014-08-08 02:30:31 »
You need to install Menu Overhaul and enable the New Battle Interface setting in the Bootloader (it should be on by default, though) for the black bar at the bottom to be gone. Check your profiles in FF7Music, make sure it's not blank. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

To change the difficulty, you will need to run Bootleg over a fresh install.

Where is your game installed?

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 2014-08-08 05:18:48 »
You need to install Menu Overhaul and enable the New Battle Interface setting in the Bootloader (it should be on by default, though) for the black bar at the bottom to be gone. Check your profiles in FF7Music, make sure it's not blank. Stuff like that happens sometimes.

To change the difficulty, you will need to run Bootleg over a fresh install.

Where is your game installed?

I reinstalled one more time and did all the configs right this time before I ran the mod installer.
Everything works great now!

Thanks VGR for helping me out man! I really appreciate it!

If I ever met you guys in real life I would buy you all beers. (or twenty)

Thanks so much all!!!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 2014-08-08 05:24:26 »
You're welcome.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 2014-08-08 05:26:51 »
Can somebody please help me out? With my screen resolution issue during gameplay?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 13:46:17 by Vgr »

Kiddster

• View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 2014-08-08 05:31:32 »
You're welcome.

Sigh, I jumped the gun.

This time everything graphically works fine but I have jumbled letters everywhere from the start menu, to the game menu.
Also, for some reason FF7 music just didn't install... I don't have the folder with the OST music in it.

Installed in C:/Games/FF7
And I don't have break 9999 checked in config.
I also ran the FF7 Music patch in FAQ and it didn't work.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 05:41:55 by Kiddster »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 2014-08-08 13:53:39 »
I didn't install any driver. I did a fresh start. I custom installed the 2012 remake, installed bfe and bootleg, downloaded all of the required mods for my settings. The entire process went well except a few things: when it came to ff7 music installing it said the installer was corrupted; it couldn't find gjoerulv.exe (hardcore mode mod); and in ff7 config under the graphics tab it shows everything as passing except for the "8-bit palleted textures". It says that it failed. And the screen still has this very blurry, low resolution when playing the game. Any ideas?

8-bit textures failing is normal and harmless. You should re-download manually FF7Music's installer as well as Gjoerulv's hardcore mod. What do you mean by blurry, low resolution? Can you provide a screenshot?

Sigh, I jumped the gun.

This time everything graphically works fine but I have jumbled letters everywhere from the start menu, to the game menu.
Also, for some reason FF7 music just didn't install... I don't have the folder with the OST music in it.

Installed in C:/Games/FF7
And I don't have break 9999 checked in config.
I also ran the FF7 Music patch in FAQ and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

FF7Music not installing is odd. Are you sure the installer is in there? What do you mean by jumbled letters? Are they overlapping, making it look like a big odd letter? A screenshot would be appreciated.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 2014-08-08 15:23:39 »
Here's what happens when I launch the game through boot loader
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 15:36:42 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2389 on: 2014-08-08 15:43:31 »
When using full screen, set the game resolution equal to your Windows resolution. The screenshots are too dark to tell what kind of textures are loading. There is a bootleg.log file that displays the Bootleg install process. View that to see what mods may have been missed.

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 2014-08-08 16:27:17 »
The thing is that is exactly what the screen looks like when I'm playing. Its almost as if some textures simply aren't being loaded. I'll take a look at the file and let you know what I find out. Anything you want me to post to help you help me a little more?

You can use the Modify button to change your post instead of posting twice or thrice -Vgr
« Last Edit: 2014-08-08 16:42:29 by Vgr »

great_k

• View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: 2014-08-08 18:45:36 »
Have run into an issue with the Wutai sidequest.
After rescuing Yuffie and Elena my materia is not returned.
Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 2014-08-08 19:18:22 »
It doesn't seem like an issue with Bootleg, but let's see if I can do anything. Where is your game installed?

Salvy

• View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: 2014-08-08 19:59:05 »
Good news, I adjusted the game resolution - made it equal to my windows resolution just as you suggested and the screen looks good as new! However I'm having issues with the ff7 music installer now. I try to run it but keep keeps saying that the installer is corrupted, even after downloading another copy and running it, with administrator privileges

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: 2014-08-08 22:28:57 »
I don't know what may cause this. Maybe Covarr would know.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: 2014-08-08 22:32:00 »
Usually this error comes from trying to run 16-bit software on 64-bit windows, but that installer is absolutely not 16-bit, so that wouldn't be it. I recall seeing similar errors caused by interfering antivirus software from time to time. If you've got any running, you should probably disable it while you install this.

RayofSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: 2014-08-09 14:56:53 »
Hi; I'm having a somewhat bizarre problem. I've been running the game (after a bunch of mods) just fine for days, in windowed 1024x768 resolution; today, when I went to boot it up from bootloader, it pitched an "internal resolution too high" fit and locked up, forcing me to end the process to kill it.

Now, this actually happened to me several days ago, when I initially attempted to play the game after not touching it for months, but everything was going fine after reinstalling; I know at least one person on this forum has asked this question before, but it doesn't seem like they got a reply, so I'm rather at a dead end.

Any help would be appreciated.
Also, here is my APP.LOG file. Note that eidoslogo.avi and sqlogo.avi have both been intentionally removed from my movies folder because for some reason they lag like crazy and then crash, but I'd removed them before I commenced my enormous stream yesterday where the game ran fine, so that's not part of the problem.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 7600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 4096x4096
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1024x738, output resolution 984x738, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, reverting to slow path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 32, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 2048
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 984x738
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2014-08-09 14:58:25 by RayofSpeed »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 2014-08-09 15:52:56 »
Internal resolution must not be higher than window size.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2398 on: 2014-08-09 16:00:10 »
Internal resolution can be higher than window size (screen resolution). It's the window size (screen resolution) that can't be higher than your Windows resolution. Go into Bootloader Configure and set the screen resolution and internal resolution to 1024x768. You can even disable internal resolution by unchecking its box if you want.

FYI, your GPU has 256 MB of vRAM so it's going to struggle playing with a ton of graphical mods. If your movies are a modded selection, than the eidos and square movies may be an indication of what's to come.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: 2014-08-09 16:02:46 »
Well it can be higher, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe it needs to be the same aspect ratio (which it's not). At any rate what Alyza said; set it to 1024*768, it should work.