Author Topic: GMO File  (Read 2310 times)

Magicbob

• A good reason is not always a relevant one.
    • View Profile
GMO File
« on: 2012-06-15 03:16:06 »
While searching google for some models to import for my LGP, I managed to find a couple Models in .GMO format. I've tried multiple ways to try and find a way to edit it so that I can split it and input it as another LGP. I've tried Kimera (won't open file), and a few model viewers, but nothing that lets me save as a P file or any other type. I'm at a loss, I'm completely stupid when it comes to this modeling stuff, and only know how to work with what you guys have generously offered thus far.

A few of the models I found are in the Video below, if you happen to have the models already converted it would  be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA

If you have no way of importing or offering any of the files needed, would it at least be possible to point out a source for the background and shinra soldier models? I'm sorry for asking for so much at once, it's just hard to find things in the forum that aren't either from 2006 and outdated, or current and link to megaupload which has been shut down. Any help would be wonderful!
« Last Edit: 2012-06-15 03:19:16 by Magicbob »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: GMO File
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-15 03:46:58 »
I do not need to watch the video to know what it is.

GMO files are PSP (most likely Dissidia) models, and can be viewed using Noesis Model Viewer (Google is your friend) and exported in OBJ. If you want specific models you can PM or email me (or add me to MSN) I'll gladly help.

NOTE: While I am not personally against imported models, this forums rules ARE. So, while I will help you doing it, I won't help you distribute it by any means.

Another thing worth of note is that, when it is your first time, a single model import can take hours, and even days (it took about 3 days for my frist model, and it wasn't anywhere near perfect) but no one is the same. Note here that I'm talking about CUSTOM models, not ripped ones. There is a huge difference between the two.

Magicbob

• A good reason is not always a relevant one.
    • View Profile
Re: GMO File
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-15 05:08:38 »
Oh so they're PSP rips? Thought the small screenshots looked too good lol. Thank you for explaining it, I understand the rules on ripped models being illegal to distribute so I wont hold anything against you or anyone in the forum, and were i to find/use ripped models, it would be for personal use ONLY. Thank you for all the help, if I need any specific models I'll let you know! I'll do a bit more research first, thanks again!