Author Topic: Play games ?  (Read 3194 times)

davidthomas

Play games ?
« on: 2012-09-18 07:56:54 »
Here anyone like to play games............

When i ever have free time i to like to play the online games when i ever have free time playing online games and other game games is a best source of entertainment..And this way is to helpful for entertain or mind fresh After having a busy schedule the all want to entertain our self ...And all use or choose a different new and other source of entertain and i to like to play the games.........................

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Play games ?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-18 11:33:10 »
Well, given that this is a videogame disassembly forum, it's safe to assume that yes, at some point, we play games.

Normally I'd suspect this post was spam, given the odd English (despite the author having an Anglicized name) and the hallmarks of keyword stuffing, but the OP doesn't actually link to anything, so I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-18 11:38:35 by Bosola »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-18 16:38:07 »
A spammer who forgets the spam part is no harm to us :P That being said, I've got my eye on this guy.

zentost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-18 16:56:21 »
A spammer who forgets the spam part is no harm to us :P That being said, I've got my eye on this guy.

rofl!

pretending this thread is legit for a sec, ill add in 2 cents....im so glad ff7 and 8 came for pc.

wish they kept making native pc versions.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-18 17:41:57 »
It just makes me wonder of the effectiveness of this kind of advertising. I mean, how much does site traffic increase when an online business spams random forums like this? I just ignore all the advertisements anyway because they aren't going to answer any question I have.

And for forums that have advertisements for guests seems ridiculous too. If it's a forum I want to join I'll join and never see those adverts again so that company wasted their money funding a forum with advertisements I'll only see once.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-18 20:39:41 »
It just makes me wonder of the effectiveness of this kind of advertising. I mean, how much does site traffic increase when an online business spams random forums like this? I just ignore all the advertisements anyway because they aren't going to answer any question I have.

The purpose is less advertising than SEO. Google traditionally treats links to a site as testaments to their worth - by linking to a page, X, the author is saying "I find this site valuable". So spam links on forum posts are trying to tell Google that the Qhimm domain finds the target site a useful resource.

A simple response is to just add a rel="nofollow" to all user and post links. This tells Google to disregard the hyperlinks entirely. If a webmaster does not do this, two things happen:
- Qhimm links lose their weight to Google. This has the benefit of razing any short-term advantages gained by the spammers, but the disadvantage of reducing the weight of genuine outbound links;
- The Qhimm domain gets seen as 'untrustworthy', and could potentially lose weight in Google search. That's not great.

I'd have to speak to fellow staff but I'm fairly confident that our board software provides a rel="nofollow" plugin. If it gets really bad we could always search for something that prevents new users from posting hyperlinks entirely.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-18 20:45:16 by Bosola »

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-18 21:42:06 »
Do you think we find Qhimm via Google & Co?
Found it though other FF VII info sites and lurked a long time, registered only because Team Avalanche had an private subforum.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-18 22:53:50 »