Author Topic: FFX question: the snowy mountain seymore battle.  (Read 4386 times)

MMiller8

• View Profile
FFX question: the snowy mountain seymore battle.
« on: 2002-07-08 00:26:41 »
Why should I even ATTEMPT do do this if he just uses cross cleave on me 5 moves in and kills my party?!  Is there something else I should be doing?  I have made sure all my aeons are on overdrive mode in preparation for the battle, but I can only use about two before he kills my whole party!  Is there any strategy that you guys used to get past him?  Thanks for all your help.
(Oh!  And hi!  Haven't been here in awhile.)

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-08 02:56:20 »
he still has that little probe thing on gagzet, doesnt he? if so, you attack that and it takes life from him.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-08 03:32:10 »
yeah, but he'll still attack me, right?  i know i can kill him very easily if only i could do it before he uses his 'cross slash' attack or something or his huge move; both of which kill my entire party instantly.  do i just have to do it fast, or is it just luck?

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-08 07:44:12 »
Hmm....I don't think I used any strategies for him.
The battle seemed pretty easy.

If you have plenty of money
Spoiler: show

Just go get the Aeon Yojimbo and pay him to do Zanmato :)

Have you tried casting Mighty Guard on your party? Kimhari should have it now.
Before he does his "huge attack", he usually casts dispel on your party I think.
When he does that, quickly switch to Yuna and use your Aeon to take the damage.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-08 15:06:14 »
Those are some good ideas.  Only two problems:  I don't have mighty guard, and stumbling upon 250,000 gil is a very rare occurrence in this game.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-08 17:51:39 »
Global strategy for pretty much all of the later bosses: PREPARATION. Run around and do some fighting, and fill up everyone's overdrive (especially Aeons). Bahamut's overdrive should do massive damage to the poor sucker, then finish him off with the remaining overdrives.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-08 20:19:17 »
Yep, qhimm, thats what im doing, except for the fact that I don't have a chance to use the overdrives because he kills me in 5 moves.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #7 on: 2002-07-08 21:24:52 »
How can you not have a chance to do an overdrive when you have 5 moves?

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2002-07-09 00:03:02 »
i never said i couldn't do an overdrive, i get about two or three in there... but 5 moves is the norm for me.  this guy wipes out my entire party in one move, even if their hp is perfect.  (and if by chance one is still alive he just kills him with his lance of atrophy.  i wanna know:  who the hell died and gave HIM two turns?!  HUH?!  : P

EDIT:  huh.... i guess I DID say i didn't get a chance to use the overdirves... my mistake.   :oops:

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2002-07-09 06:48:15 »
Quote from: MMiller8
I don't have mighty guard

Can you cast shell, protect or anything?
If you can't you can use an item that casts shell.
Or just use Rikku's overdrive mix, to cast it on your party.

Quote from: MMiller8
this guy wipes out my entire party in one move, even if their hp is perfect.  (and if by chance one is still alive he just kills him with his lance of atrophy.

Wait a second. Is lance of atrophy that attack that makes you get the zombie status?
If it is then equip some armour that has zombie ward. (Can't remember if it's available yet)

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2002-07-09 15:11:28 »
That sounds like a solution... I had tried using shell and protect...it just didn't seem like it helped that buch...  however, zombie protect sounds like a solutions.  Thanks!