Author Topic: Please Insert FF7 Disc  (Read 4190 times)

zaknafien

• View Profile
Please Insert FF7 Disc
« on: 2013-07-05 22:04:16 »
OK, so I bought the new FF7 off of steam the other day, and realized that the music in the game is super shitty, and not the same as the origional PSX version.  I then stumbled upon the bootloader, went through the ENTIRE installation process, only to end up at the "please incert FF7disc 1, 2, or 3 to continue."  I havent, so far, found any fix to my problem, and I thought you guys might be able to help me out here.

All I really wanted was the old music instead of the shitty new music, so if you have an easy fix for that, please, enlighten me.  Otherwise, I will settle for someone helping me fix this issue. 

Thanks all.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Please Insert FF7 Disc
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-05 22:08:44 »
Woulda been better to post in the bootleg thread instead of creating one, but I'm pretty sure there's an option in Bootleg to auto-mount a fake cd to make the game happy.

zaknafien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-05 22:11:59 »
It doesnt work.  When I went through the tutorial here on this forum, it told me to click mount in order to make the program happy, but nothing ever happens aside from a cmd prompt showing up and disappearing, and when I hit save and run, it still asks me for the CDs

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-05 22:15:22 »
Try inserting a flash drive and renaming it. I forget exactly but I think you have to name it something along the lines of FF7DISC1 or something.

zaknafien

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-05 22:20:30 »
I just tried that, it didnt work either. 

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-05 22:23:13 »
FF7DISC1

Correct. You also need to open FF7 Bootloader->Configure and set the driver letter for whichever you renamed FF7DISC1.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-05 22:26:03 by EQ2Alyza »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-05 22:28:42 »
It doesnt work.  When I went through the tutorial here on this forum, it told me to click mount in order to make the program happy, but nothing ever happens aside from a cmd prompt showing up and disappearing, and when I hit save and run, it still asks me for the CDs

You need to also assign the correct driver letter in the drop-down to whichever the cmd prompt mounted. You will see which drive it created under My Computer.