Author Topic: Ways to play my PSX FF8 discs  (Read 3175 times)

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
Ways to play my PSX FF8 discs
« on: 2013-09-14 21:08:51 »
Hi folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this or even an appropriate topic for the forum but I'm not sure where else to look!

I was playing FF8 platinum copy a while back on my PS3 and managed to get to the start of Disc 4 which the PS3 just refused to load. A quick online search found that I was actually a lucky one, some people can't get their game to load at all. As you can no doubt of guessed, I was somewhat miffed.

My rage has since subsided and I'm really keen to get playing FF8 again but if I can't play it on my PS3 what are my options? I've tried getting the disc to load straight from the tray with epsxe with no success, as well as trying to make images with PowerISO (made a .bin which didn't load and can't seem to make an .iso) so I'm a bit stumped. I even tried ImgBurn as people seem to use that but found myself riddled with malware after installing (luckily managed to remove it easily). I'm on Win-7 64bit if that matters at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Am I forever doomed to reach disc 4 and think "arrrrrrrrrrrrgh"?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

You've posted this thread SEVEN TIMES now, and I've had to delete six of them. Stop. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-09-14 23:11:02 by The Great Covarrtsby »

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: Getting FF8 to work (PSX)
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-14 21:14:38 »
You really shouldn't post this many of the same topic,
But anyway onto the topic at hand, It does suck that the PS3 can't play FF8 Disc4 :(, the only (legal) option for playing on your PS3 is to buy the PSN version,
If you want to play the game on Epsxe or any other emulator you first have to remove the protection, you can do this by using the patch for the version of the game you have from
http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_f.shtml
Anyway i hope that helps.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
Ways to play my PSX FF8 discs
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-15 05:08:57 »
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place or even the wrong forum but I've ran out of ideas!

I'm trying to emulate play of my FF8 discs on my PC. I managed to get up to the 4th disc which my PS3 fails to recognise (I was pretty miffed after getting so far and not being able to finish the game). I've tried running the disc on epsxe in the DVD drive of my PC but I just get a black screen, same thing happens if I make a .bin file and I've not been able to successfully make an .iso (using PowerISO, I get some error message).

Am I doomed to abandon the game every time I get to the 4th disc? Does anyone have any recommendations? It's a platinum copy and I'm on 64bit Win 7 if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me! :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to play my PSX FF8 discs
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-15 07:04:40 »
Seriously man, stop making new topics. In fact, I'll do ya one better. Now you can't make new topics. You only need one thread for this.

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
Re: Ways to play my PSX FF8 discs
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-18 19:29:22 »
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong place or even the wrong forum but I've ran out of ideas!

I'm trying to emulate play of my FF8 discs on my PC. I managed to get up to the 4th disc which my PS3 fails to recognise (I was pretty miffed after getting so far and not being able to finish the game). I've tried running the disc on epsxe in the DVD drive of my PC but I just get a black screen, same thing happens if I make a .bin file and I've not been able to successfully make an .iso (using PowerISO, I get some error message).

Am I doomed to abandon the game every time I get to the 4th disc? Does anyone have any recommendations? It's a platinum copy and I'm on 64bit Win 7 if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me! :)

Kranmer gave you a solution, above.