Author Topic: Super Smash Bros - Project M 3.0  (Read 3246 times)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Super Smash Bros - Project M 3.0
« on: 2013-11-20 15:28:19 »
http://kotaku.com/the-best-smash-bros-mod-around-is-getting-all-sorts-of-1467683908?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0

What is Project M? Project M is the premier Brawl modification inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-20 22:07:14 by e1sunz »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros - Project M
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-20 16:05:44 »
I've been waiting for this for a few years. I'm especially pleased with their mindset of taking design cues from Melee without simply porting it to the Brawl engine.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-20 18:55:30 »
I recognize it's significance, but if I wanted to play melee style I would just play Melee. Maybe this is just a purist's point of view since I have a deep hatred for Brawl's gameplay, being a competitive Melee player.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-20 20:29:01 »
I recognize it's significance, but if I wanted to play melee style I would just play Melee. Maybe this is just a purist's point of view since I have a deep hatred for Brawl's gameplay, being a competitive Melee player.
The whole point is that it isn't Brawl's gameplay. This allows for melee's playstyle, but without limiting a player to Melee's characters and maps. They're aiming for Melee mechanics, and content from both (as well as some original content).

I played one of the earlier demos and I can honestly say I like this far better than either Melee or Brawl. Quite frankly, it's the sequel that Brawl should've been.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros - Project M 3.0
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-20 23:24:19 »
I understand why you like it and those are great reasons, but I grew up with Melee and am still playing competitively. This is great for people who want to no doubt improve the game, but they will never get it exactly like Melee (even though that isn't their intention anyway). So for me personally and everyone else who plays MBR singles etc., this is of no use. Just a point of view, not an opinion on the quality of the project.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-23 03:02:13 »
wonder if that works with an HDD loaded version

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-11-23 03:31:45 »
Not out of the box, but it can be made to if you know your way around Ocarina.