Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4995777 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1475 on: 2015-06-07 20:06:19 »
So it has to be entered manually, can I type values in order I see them or is there an order to do?
In the worst case, I still can redo what I've done, doesn't matter.

As for space issue, did you tried to shortcut names and description? I think (not sure about that) 1 letter is equivalent to 1 byte, so if you need like 100 bytes more, then remove some text ?
Example: some magic has "LvX - " in their description, you can remove this.

I'd type them as you see them, line by line. One thing though, If strings are updated automatically so it's best to think of them as pointing at something. If the 70 #### points to the end of the script, then input the current number that points to the end of the script. Otherwise they'll be directing to the wrong places.

As for space, it seems that the kernel AI has it's own 'segment', though I'm not sure.

\\Cloud//
Flexible
Is this set on battle start and does it change during battle? Do we get a notification which one he has?  I'm assuming it only picks from the 2 party members you bring with you and not the ones recruited.

\\Tifa//
High Spirits
I really don't like this one. Is HP Plus materia in the game? last i played it wasnt avaialable. unless im remembering wrong damage values are pretty high in NT. almost everything would give the bonus and immediately cancel it. I'd have to save scum to make sure her HP, Vit and Spr always fall on the highest point of the curve and using high slot low defense armor just became worthless. Gaining stacks when she avoids an attack above 3/4 health, not losing the stacks, and having a cap is better. Alternatively change the passive to work off of half health with no cap but stack slower. As it stands, Barret simply has a flat out better passive entirely. You'd spend the entire battle healing her. Fun, fun.

\\Barret//
Cool Under Pressure
sounds broken as fern. would help a lot early game when phys doesn't scale well, but mid game when we start getting the high str armors he will be a monster. 40 vit and spr don't mean much overall for most of the game anyway, but attack scales exponentially.

\\Aeris//
Focus
2x healing woulda been a bit strong, anyway. this is a much better choice

\\Red XIII/
Warm-Up is good
I like this, gives incentive to using +dex stuff

\\Yuffie//
PD is also good
Would be a neat thing, lots of enemies have magical attacks, and im pretty sure every boss has a magical all hitting attack to keep it from being too broken

\\Cait Sith//
Should Just ferning Die
Can we just remove the ferning guy? >_>

\\Vincent//
The Monster In Me
He's passively immune to fire, lightning and poison? and i still won't use him lol  fern uncontrollable characters

\\Cid//
Desperate Blows or Second Wind
Not a very good one overall statistically or thematically imo .  he's not a very lucky guy if you think about it. plus I always figured him to be a tough son of a buttercup type, something like a free auto life once per battle if he dies would be cool.

-) Cloud
I'm still working out how to do it properly. Ideally I want it to be someone in the current party but I'm having trouble getting their ID over to the appropriate script without it getting too large.

-) Tifa
I'm still working on getting something organised that reduces the target's defence but it's been tricky due to Subtraction not seeming to work correctly. Past the update though, there will be no changes in stats when leveling up; that's instead handled by the Rank-Up system where the player assigns stat growth instead (so there's no need to min-max levels, except maybe for HP/MP). Setting it to be triggered by an evaded attack would likely make it very difficult to gain consecutive stacks too. Long story short though, this one doesn't seem popular so it's not going to appear in the update. If I can't get the defence reduction to work, then I'll put some more ideas to people here.

-) Barret
Defensive stats were buffed recently, and are now twice as effective. +40 on Vit + Spr should make a tangible difference, but I wanted the front row one to be tempting enough to have players pull Barret to the front sometimes. Due to the change in the way stats are grown, I can now balance things up much more easily so hopefully I can avoid it getting too overpowered when combined with other +STR gear and a STR focused build.

-) Cait Sith
Let's do the opposite: https://youtu.be/OJ9zEqHxLZE

-) Vincent
I think it'll come in handy for situations where there's maybe a few too many things to defend completely against later on in the game, or for freeing up armour/accessory/slots that would otherwise go to elemental defence. As for the Limits, there's not much I can do; although I've been meaning to try out kernel spells on the Limit bar to see if he can use them. Could cast, say, Flare instead of handing control over to Galian Beast for example. I'm fairly sure it'd still require MP though :l

-) Cid
I've actually got Cid pegged as a luck-orientated guy because of that Lady Luck emblem he has on the Highwind. It's also a great stat for a front row fighter because of the crits + additional evasion it gives. It was a toss-up between Tifa and Cid for who was going to get the high luck stat, but in the end I figured Tifa would have Dex and Cid would be a lot slower (although I'll admit that the idea of a Dragoon-esque fighter with low Dex doesn't sit too well with me).

Hey there. It's me again. I found a dangerous bug wich could remove all your Materia :P

It's about the new saving feature.
you should not try to "unequip your party", this would result in lost materia :D

Dammit, I didn't even think of that. A warning message could maybe help with that, but it might be that I have to remove that particular option and replace it with something else instead. Not sure what, though; maybe an SP check to compliment Rank-Up?
« Last Edit: 2015-06-07 20:08:32 by Sega Chief »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: 2015-06-07 20:52:31 »
-) Tifa
I'm still working on getting something organised that reduces the target's defence but it's been tricky due to Subtraction not seeming to work correctly. Past the update though, there will be no changes in stats when leveling up; that's instead handled by the Rank-Up system where the player assigns stat growth instead (so there's no need to min-max levels, except maybe for HP/MP). Setting it to be triggered by an evaded attack would likely make it very difficult to gain consecutive stacks too. Long story short though, this one doesn't seem popular so it's not going to appear in the update. If I can't get the defence reduction to work, then I'll put some more ideas to people here.

Yeah, sadly this seems tricky to implement without being fiddly. Maybe making it based off of her attacking rather than being attacked could work, or maybe getting some bonus for every consecutive attack that breaks if she does anything BUT attack (Berserker/ Combo Strikes/ Kung Fu Rhythm), again, I have no idea of how tough these would be to implement.

-) Cait Sith

I love this so much!

-) Vincent
I think it'll come in handy for situations where there's maybe a few too many things to defend completely against later on in the game, or for freeing up armour/accessory/slots that would otherwise go to elemental defence. As for the Limits, there's not much I can do; although I've been meaning to try out kernel spells on the Limit bar to see if he can use them. Could cast, say, Flare instead of handing control over to Galian Beast for example. I'm fairly sure it'd still require MP though :l

I think this bonus is perfect - it's both useful and thematic. I also really love Vincent regardless of his limits, so it's extra cool for me.

Dammit, I didn't even think of that. A warning message could maybe help with that, but it might be that I have to remove that particular option and replace it with something else instead. Not sure what, though; maybe an SP check to compliment Rank-Up?

Being able to check SP would be nice, I think. I wouldn't mind both having notifications when you get some, as well as being able to check quickly when you're saving.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2015-06-08 03:57:45 »
Having serious trouble getting the game to compare MP with MaxMP, which knackers Aeris' innate. Tried doing it with variables instead but they don't seem to be picking up the value from it. Might need an alternative.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: 2015-06-08 05:29:27 »
Could you maybe give her something with row changing as well? Extra power in the front row at the cost of being in more danger! Maybe an MP Turbo effect. Could be supported by cover materia on other characters a bit too easily, mind. Her surprisingly gung ho attitude suits this type of offensive magery, I think.

Maybe a variable elemental defence? Half damage from the last element she's been damaged by! Too powerful, maybe, or might be bad when she's taking half healing 'damage'. This was more a throwaway idea, I don't think it suits her much.

Plain status immunities, like Vincent, but statuses? Or holy resistance /hidden weakness? Cetra blood could explain a lot of things.

Maybe auto - sense on enemies while she's in the party? I find sense very useful, and it would save me time, but other people may value it much less. Her life - senses would explain this one, or maybe the planet is whispering to her from the strategy guide... (rubbish one for Cloud to copy, mind)

Would it perhaps be possible for her to Summon more than once per battle? Turning her into a summoner character is neat, though a bit boring (and useless for a good while at the beginning of the game).

That's all I've got (for now), see if it sparks any ideas off for ya!

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2015-06-09 00:14:02 »
Having serious trouble getting the game to compare MP with MaxMP, which knackers Aeris' innate. Tried doing it with variables instead but they don't seem to be picking up the value from it. Might need an alternative.

If you need help conceptually, think of what you'd do for post-mansion Sephiroth, then reverse it. She's selfless, a bit flirty, a flower girl, a healer...maybe something to boost the party's defenses? Aerith, Barret, Cloud sounds like a wall team, doesn't it? Centered around the healer anyway.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2015-06-09 03:09:11 »
Thanks you two, I think I might have an idea for something. Just need to see if it works or not.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2015-06-09 19:11:20 »
Hey Chief, Source Points (SP) have not been implemented yet, correct? Every time I ever hit 'Rank Up' at the super save crystals nothing happens... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything currently. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2015-06-09 19:45:23 »
It's not in yet, no. I had to dummy out that command and removed the script where it sends you to the SP screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2015-06-12 00:38:27 »
I managed to get the Rage prototype working; when hit by Morph under the Poison status, Cait Sith swapped to his auto-AI once his current turn had been picked and processed.

The way it'll work is that when hit by the Morph command (which has had it's target data updated to enable ally targeting), Cait will pick up an auto-buff or two, gain unlimited MP, and then start using several attacks based on the Rage. With the exception of his 'default' Rage, each one requires a status ailment to be present to activate, with a descending order of priority to handle multiple ailments. Here's the Poison one:

-) Poison Rage
Gains 'absorb Poison' flag; poison ticks will heal him instead of damage
75% chance: Uses Bio2 on all enemies
25% chance: Uses Bio3 on one enemy
Physical Attack against Random Target

I'm running dangerously low on script-space, but the other innates are done so it's all about getting as much in there as possible and streamlining the others where possible.

Edit: That's it up to the hilt on space. I added four Rages which should be quite interesting.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-12 03:11:05 by Sega Chief »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: 2015-06-12 03:38:21 »
@Sega Chief
Thank you and good job. It's going to be interesting testing everything, especially to make sure Cloud mimics properly. If Yuffie can hit herself to trigger perfect dodge, it's gonna put a smile on my face for all of time.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-12 03:39:52 by Bowser9 »

powerincarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: 2015-06-12 04:22:44 »
I'd type them as you see them, line by line. One thing though, If strings are updated automatically so it's best to think of them as pointing at something. If the 70 #### points to the end of the script, then input the current number that points to the end of the script. Otherwise they'll be directing to the wrong places.

As for space, it seems that the kernel AI has it's own 'segment', though I'm not sure.

-) Cloud
I'm still working out how to do it properly. Ideally I want it to be someone in the current party but I'm having trouble getting their ID over to the appropriate script without it getting too large.

-) Tifa

-) Barret
Defensive stats were buffed recently, and are now twice as effective. +40 on Vit + Spr should make a tangible difference, but I wanted the front row one to be tempting enough to have players pull Barret to the front sometimes. Due to the change in the way stats are grown, I can now balance things up much more easily so hopefully I can avoid it getting too overpowered when combined with other +STR gear and a STR focused build.

-) Cait Sith

-) Vincent

-) Cid
I've actually got Cid pegged as a luck-orientated guy because of that Lady Luck emblem he has on the Highwind. It's also a great stat for a front row fighter because of the crits + additional evasion it gives. It was a toss-up between Tifa and Cid for who was going to get the high luck stat, but in the end I figured Tifa would have Dex and Cid would be a lot slower (although I'll admit that the idea of a Dragoon-esque fighter with low Dex doesn't sit too well with me).

How did you get that menu overhaul, which is seen in Tifa's various mods with the new threat 1.3 since Tifa's final heaven only support 1.2.  I would like to use that updated menu and perhaps character models with new threat, but without the behemoth that is tifa's bootlet or final heaven. 

Thanks,

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 2015-06-12 04:25:09 »
@powerincarnate
Install Reunion by selecting only the menu overhaul options. Then, install New Threat. You should be good to go.

powerincarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2015-06-12 04:52:35 »
It says, menu overhaul not supported on the steam version of ffVII and was deselected

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2015-06-12 05:01:20 »
I'm going to have a go at making an .IRO for use with 7H when the 1.35 update is complete; hopefully, I'll be able to make a proper one this time now that I've got 7H itself working properly on my PC.

@Sega Chief
Thank you and good job. It's going to be interesting testing everything, especially to make sure Cloud mimics properly. If Yuffie can hit herself to trigger perfect dodge, it's gonna put a smile on my face for all of time.

Unfortunately, actors can't trigger their own counter-attack scripts :p

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 2015-06-12 07:20:26 »
so cait can't morph himself?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2015-06-12 14:24:10 »
Unfortunately not, I'd experiment with making a pre-action script for it but the space just isn't there.

Edit: New flevel hotfix patch is up; fixes an annoying issue on Floor 59 with the save point there.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-13 17:33:36 by Sega Chief »

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 2015-06-14 06:02:54 »
I grow more excited by the day. The streams demand mod blood. THE HILLS RING WITH THE SOUND OF 'oh dangit I died again'! On that note, what are Cait's 4 rages, and what's left in the 'to change' log?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 2015-06-14 10:27:03 »
leave my mod's blood alone D:

Cait's rages are:

-) Poison
Gains absorb Poison flag (poison status will heal him instead of damage)
Uses Bio2 on all enemies

-) Fury
Gains Auto-Barrier
Uses 2x-Cut on random target

-) Silence
Attack & Magic drop to 10
Uses Mime command each turn

-) Sadness
Gains Auto-MBarrier
Uses physical attack, random target
Uses Defend command immediately after

Although when checking that, it seems that Cid's AI got corrupted in some way. Bit worrying. I deleted it and seems to be okay now, but I'll need to figure something out or pare down the script size maybe so it can fit.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2015-06-16 03:13:06 »
\\Update//

So FF7 got a remake announced.

Fuck.

That being said, it's not hitting until 2017 or later and we've no idea what shape it'll take. Might be an updated version of the current engine, or it might be something brand new. Either way, I'm going to finish NT; I'll be damned if SE are going to make a better FF7 than me.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2015-06-16 06:47:04 »
I'll be damned if SE are going to make a better FF7 than me.

this was already a foregone conclusion. squeenix hasnt made a game worth a god damn in ,what, 14 fucking years now.

not to belittle your awesomeness by comparison, but i have next to no faith they won't royally fucking screw it up

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: 2015-06-16 09:29:11 »
@Sega Chief
There's no way they'd actually make FF7 fun to play, especially not compared to a mod that offers a foundation comparable to FF5's. It will be fun to watch, but to play? Hah. I'm ready to just hold one button again

Also, I like how Sony basically said they made Squeenix get off their butts to do this. About time (praise Hojo).
« Last Edit: 2015-06-16 09:33:54 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2015-06-16 13:40:09 »
Yeah, there's a lot of uncertainty about this. Nomura is the director this time, so I'm expecting a clusterfuck in terms of story + scenario when he inevitably leans on people to shoehorn in whatever new obsession he picks up during development (Gackt, leather jackets, etc.) As for the actual gameplay itself, I can't see them making the same battle system again so it'll probably be an ARPG/modified version of FF15's engine but you never know; I've got this curiously optimistic feeling that it might be turn-based. Not sure why.

Anyhoo, I'm having second thoughts about Cloud copying the other character's innate; it gets tough to keep track of who has what. Any ideas for a replacement?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2015-06-16 14:10:35 »
hey sega chief

is your mod 100% playable. or does it still have alot of bugs on it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: 2015-06-16 14:49:27 »
The overhaul isn't finished yet.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2015-06-16 15:02:45 »
Any ideas for a replacement?

ideas hooooooooooo. YRMV

bonus str based on mag stat
bonus mag based on str
limit gauge randomly increases by a random percentage
random take mp damage when hp damage would kill him
suffer less penalty for All magicked magics.
random set  enemy ct to 0 on physical attack
heal status at battle end
retain a % of limit bar when using limits
randomly impale random enemy randomly with random hair spike.