Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5041822 times)

chaos447

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #1950 on: 2015-08-18 03:15:12 »
Well thankfully I'm very OCD when it comes to stealing everything so I'm glad I was able to grab them.

Annoying fight, even at lvl 35. Just out of curiosity, when did you ideally want the player fighting them? I tried when I first came to Nibelheim and it was impossible. Right before the City of the Ancients I went to get Odin because I knew I wouldn't have another shot for awhile and it was still a tough fight, but I'm satisfied that I was able to beat him despite 5-6 tries.

chaos447

• View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 2015-08-18 04:21:46 »
No idea if this has to do with the mod, but I'm in an endless loop with the shining orb in one of the houses in the Forgotten Capital. Cloud keeps saying "...Ugh again?" and talks about the orb, and then the dialog repeats.

Jvc21

• View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 2015-08-18 06:28:06 »
Is it possible to get the manual for the mod? The one on the link doesn't work..

Thanks in advance~!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 2015-08-18 12:58:14 »
Well thankfully I'm very OCD when it comes to stealing everything so I'm glad I was able to grab them.

Annoying fight, even at lvl 35. Just out of curiosity, when did you ideally want the player fighting them? I tried when I first came to Nibelheim and it was impossible. Right before the City of the Ancients I went to get Odin because I knew I wouldn't have another shot for awhile and it was still a tough fight, but I'm satisfied that I was able to beat him despite 5-6 tries.

About Lv.30 is roughly the level that players should be reaching Nibelheim. The first fight to get into the Mansion can be eased with the use of Poison, Silence, and Earth/Wind protection (a Heavy Ring or Choco/Mog + Elemental). The 2nd fight with Lost Number can be helped along with Slow and making sure to have plenty of firepower for the side you choose to fight; if you take him below half HP with a physical attack you'll be fighting the 'Magic' side and vice versa. If you're playing on Arrange then I imagine the Physical side is more dangerous, so I'd aim to fight the Magic side and take in some heavy physical hitters like Barret or Tifa. And the third fight should be easy enough so long as MBarrier is being used and you have some Remedy/Esuna handy.

No idea if this has to do with the mod, but I'm in an endless loop with the shining orb in one of the houses in the Forgotten Capital. Cloud keeps saying "...Ugh again?" and talks about the orb, and then the dialog repeats.

I'll investigate that.

Is it possible to get the manual for the mod? The one on the link doesn't work..

Thanks in advance~!

I'm still writing the new manual, but I'll give you the link for the current one: https://mega.nz/#!r5ND3AJQ!exRmDY-l42-p4wa4atw9P98XtT9mFxPoweHSE2gWhYA

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 2015-08-18 20:09:20 »
@Chaos447
Yeah, like Sega Chief said, go for the Magic version. Make sure to Osmose the boss before that point and you can clear the boss (well) before level 30, no problem. You can also experiment with paralysis and slow to buy the time you need to ham string the boss.

@Sega Chief
Cait Sith's Mime Rage is hilariously awesome and Transform makes dreams come true lol. Makes certain Arrange fights much much safer, especially if you're a morph maniac.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-18 21:15:29 by Bowser9 »

Authen

• View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 2015-08-21 05:43:15 »
I want to start off by saying this mod of yours is fantastic and i've loved practically every second of playing through it. I always wanted a "remixed" FF7 to play through, and with the sidequests, custom battles and bosses, etc., this one takes the cake and then some.

Had a question about v1.35's Rank-Up system, though; I started off with and got up to the end (cleaned out the Crater, just have yet to fight Sephiroth as i'm doing all the extra stuff) in v1.3 of New Threat. Now that v1.35's out and i've updated, I realized that I don't really have the SP that I would have upon playing through from the start in v1.35. Is there any way to accumulate SP in end-game? Perhaps the Disc 2 Boss re-fights, or the Extra Battle fights? I certainly plan on re-playing through the mod at some point, just not anytime soon, so i'm hoping there is a way to still experience the Rank-Up system with my current end-game file.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 2015-08-21 07:23:14 »
@Authen
Glad you enjoyed your run of NT.  ;D
You can gain SP by grinding the Junon League, which you can find at the Beginner's Hall in Junon. Hope you enjoy your rank ups, and if you haven't tested out each character's unique ability, I hope you get the chance to do so in the future.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-21 07:26:28 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: 2015-08-21 14:29:33 »
I want to start off by saying this mod of yours is fantastic and i've loved practically every second of playing through it. I always wanted a "remixed" FF7 to play through, and with the sidequests, custom battles and bosses, etc., this one takes the cake and then some.

Had a question about v1.35's Rank-Up system, though; I started off with and got up to the end (cleaned out the Crater, just have yet to fight Sephiroth as i'm doing all the extra stuff) in v1.3 of New Threat. Now that v1.35's out and i've updated, I realized that I don't really have the SP that I would have upon playing through from the start in v1.35. Is there any way to accumulate SP in end-game? Perhaps the Disc 2 Boss re-fights, or the Extra Battle fights? I certainly plan on re-playing through the mod at some point, just not anytime soon, so i'm hoping there is a way to still experience the Rank-Up system with my current end-game file.

Hi bud,

SP can be accumulated by clearing either tier of Junon League or by sending them through Normal Battle Square; you'll get 5 SP for Battle Square and the first tier of the League, 10 for the 2nd League tier. You need 30 for each rank up.

Thing is, your team's stats will be much higher than the 'static' ones that 1.35 uses because of the old 1.30 leveling system. That being said, it's an opportunity to put together an OP team with maxed stats so go wild with it, I'd say.

Authen

• View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 2015-08-21 18:13:37 »
Hi bud,

SP can be accumulated by clearing either tier of Junon League or by sending them through Normal Battle Square; you'll get 5 SP for Battle Square and the first tier of the League, 10 for the 2nd League tier. You need 30 for each rank up.

Thing is, your team's stats will be much higher than the 'static' ones that 1.35 uses because of the old 1.30 leveling system. That being said, it's an opportunity to put together an OP team with maxed stats so go wild with it, I'd say.

Ahh, I see. Well, I may Rank-Up just once to maintain a sort of balance with the old leveling system and the new Rank-Up benefits and see how that turns out.

Much appreciated for the hasty response, and i'm looking forward to following this mod and all its future expansions!

--oh, and there is one rather nasty bug I stumbled upon last night. Although I somewhat brought it upon myself, after beating the Bomb King, I re-examined the glowing Blue Materia stone, aaaand...the game softlocked on me. I couldn't move, open my menu, or anything, so I was forced to reload my save. To be more precise for reenactment purposes or so on, I had simply pressed [CONFIRM] right after the battle; no movement or anything. Just thought I should bring that to light incase it hadn't already been revealed, though.

EDIT:

@Authen
Glad you enjoyed your run of NT.  ;D
You can gain SP by grinding the Junon League, which you can find at the Beginner's Hall in Junon. Hope you enjoy your rank ups, and if you haven't tested out each character's unique ability, I hope you get the chance to do so in the future.

Oh, I didn't see that at first. Thanks to you too for the helpful information!   :D
« Last Edit: 2015-08-21 18:52:44 by Authen »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 2015-08-21 20:16:08 »
Yeah, I spotted a problem with the Materia Caves recently. I think I tried to fix a problem DLPB mentioned where you could sometimes examine the Materia and not get it, but I didn't finish it so I ended up dummying out...except the fix used a group that bumped the remaining groups down a notch so the scripts were running in the wrong place. If you patch the game with the latest Installer then it should correct it but let me know if you've done this already and the bug appeared anyway.

coolgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 2015-08-22 11:40:38 »
Hi, I'm new here.

I think that I got bug. After defeating Mirage Weapon, countdown starts. Everything is OK, untill I encounter X-ATM fight. When countdown is over (in battle), game warps me to the entrance of Reactor 1. The same thing happens when I beat X-ATM and escape Midgar.

Any solutions? Or it is made on purpose?

And sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.

P.S Great job with mod! Looking forward for new updates and stuff!

Hi,

I play in NT v1.30 and I face the same issue. Do you plan to release a hotfix for 1.30 too ?

btw, really great mod, already 70+ hours on it, and still not finished all the cave (mime and KotR left), need final weapons, putting everyone to lvl 99, put final limits on them, fight both weapons.

Currently stuck in the dark cave without save outside of it :(

don't want to restart from scratch  :'(
« Last Edit: 2015-08-22 12:59:44 by coolgeek »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 2015-08-22 12:55:37 »
I don't really support older versions of the mod, but honestly 1.3 and 1.35 aren't that different if you're already at the end of the game. I'd recommend upgrading to 1.35 if you can; there's other bug fixes in it besides those caves.

coolgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 2015-08-22 13:02:40 »
I began with 1.3, I would like to finish it with this version

I will try to go throught the dark cave with 1.35 then

will let you know if it solve the issue

thanks for the fast reply !

edit: upgrade to 1.35 solved the issue. thanks again chief !
« Last Edit: 2015-08-23 13:18:02 by coolgeek »

Nateer

• View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: 2015-08-23 09:11:25 »
Hi!

First off by saying what a great mod this is. All the effort u have put in - really impressive!

But i am not just writing to say that, cause the thing is that i encoutered a problem. I just completed the Django fight in cosmo canyon,but after the fight is done the game freezes.
I got no clue why, and i've tried to beat him several times with various characters and it still hungs up.

Any clues why this happens??

Regards
« Last Edit: 2015-08-23 13:15:53 by Nateer »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: 2015-08-23 14:56:54 »
Hi!

First off by saying what a great mod this is. All the effort u have put in - really impressive!

But i am not just writing to say that, cause the thing is that i encoutered a problem. I just completed the Django fight in cosmo canyon,but after the fight is done the game freezes.
I got no clue why, and i've tried to beat him several times with various characters and it still hungs up.

Any clues why this happens??

Regards

This was an oversight in the old build. I'd accidentally removed the activate move/menu flags when putting the Rank Up points in for beating the boss there. It should have been corrected in the latest build; I'd recommend downloading the latest Main Installer and re-installing NT. Unless you're playing the .IRO version?

Tlenodawca

• View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: 2015-08-23 23:14:18 »
Hi,

I play in NT v1.30 and I face the same issue. Do you plan to release a hotfix for 1.30 too ?

btw, really great mod, already 70+ hours on it, and still not finished all the cave (mime and KotR left), need final weapons, putting everyone to lvl 99, put final limits on them, fight both weapons.

Currently stuck in the dark cave without save outside of it :(

don't want to restart from scratch  :'(
I think that I got a solution for this. After beating X-ATM you must have at least 30 sec to reach the exit. Just did it with 32 secs before countdown ends.

Nateer

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 2015-08-24 07:41:15 »
This was an oversight in the old build. I'd accidentally removed the activate move/menu flags when putting the Rank Up points in for beating the boss there. It should have been corrected in the latest build; I'd recommend downloading the latest Main Installer and re-installing NT. Unless you're playing the .IRO version?

Re:

Thanks alot, it worked out! Thought i had the most recent update but i was wrong.

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: 2015-08-24 12:49:39 »
mfw Tifa's limit kills all my NPC allies in the whirlwind maze Jenova fight  :'(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 2015-08-24 13:52:21 »
mfw Tifa's limit kills all my NPC allies in the whirlwind maze Jenova fight  :'(

Yeah, that was a problem I ran into with ally NPCs; any random or multi-target spells would hit them. But then I started thinking that this itself added a little to the unique challenges posed by that kind of fight. Although if I'm being honest Tifa's reels are a sore point for me because once she has a full Limit gauge she can't use her attack command anymore...

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 2015-08-24 14:00:37 »
hey sega cheif

you could always move the limit command to the bottom of the attack command

so if someone gets there limit bar filled they can still use there normal attack

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 2015-08-24 14:59:30 »
I don't think I can do that bud. While the editor can (seemingly) change which menu pops when you select a command, they're hard-coded to an extent which means they'll still behave as normal. What I tried to do in the past was make a 'skip' Limit which would restore the character's HP/MP or just outright cancel the Limit gauge but there's apparently hard-coded Limit to how many a character can have at a given time too; too many and it becomes impossible to learn/use later Limits.

What I could do is just set the fight so that the NPCs are non-targetable and get rid of the Cell Smash mechanic, giving Jenny a small tweak to compensate.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 2015-08-24 15:40:43 »
hey sega chief

i saw someone in the past make a ff7 trainer to make the limit break command apppear at the bottom

and did make motor ball not heal everyone anymore

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 2015-08-24 17:23:22 »
Really? I'll ask about and see if that's possible then. I imagine it needs an .exe hack though.

As for Motor Ball, I changed it so that his initial attack does damage but he heals everyone with a fire-attack; made more sense than being fully restored by getting run over. It also makes the reference a bit more prominent.

Zedes

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 2015-08-25 02:56:21 »
It's not an easy problem to solve. Luckily Tifa was strong enough that once the NPCs were gone, another limit break finished off the boss. I really like the idea of helpful NPCs in battles, it's too bad that some fight mechanics make it difficult to work.

coolgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: 2015-08-25 15:23:57 »
Hi

I think I found a soft lock in the last battle against jenova (the one just before sephiroth, in the northen carven)

Jenova seems to be stopped with the animation of taking damage, but the ATB bar stay in "wait" status. My party seems to be fine, but I can't do anything

I used quadra magic + ultima, w-magic, ultima + turbo mp with Aerith

tested with 1.30 and 1.35

edit: no problem if I focus on a single target at a time (even with quadra magic / w-magic / turbo mp)
edit2: same soft lock with pinnacle sephiroth

edit3:

\o/

thanks so much for this wonderfull time I had to play with this mod !
« Last Edit: 2015-08-25 17:46:18 by coolgeek »