Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4971712 times)

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3150 on: 2016-04-03 17:14:30 »
I have a requestion regarding combining support materia with various summons.

Ramuh + Added Effect - Why doesn't this allow me to inflict or protect from Paralysis?
Kjata + Elemental - Although it could be troublesome if used improperly, how come it doesn't allow me to attack with or protect from Fire, Ice, Lightning and maybe Earth?
Bahamut, Neo Bahamut & Bahamut Zero + Elemental - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Shout or Hidden? (I'm suspecting it's the latter).
Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to Remove Barriers on attack or protect yourself from DeBarrier? (I'm guessing no).
Neo Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Dual? (Under Status it isn't listed so i'm guessing no. Really wishing I'm wrong).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 17:17:15 by Skirmish »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: 2016-04-03 17:21:54 »
Hm, I'm struggling with the abyss fight in North Crater and I can't get out of the area. How do you beat him? He has that breath that game-overs you if used. How do you stop this move? Compared to the Cloud/Sephiroth yin/yang fight Abyss seems very difficult.

You hit it with Silence, which causes it to remove bad statuses from it (and your party!), but also losing it's stored "breath".

Ragnarok is also a rare steal from Wolfmeister. I got it in one my failed attempts to stop the runaway train with the Mega-Materia in my no-drugs playthrough. I successfully stopped the train (7 Seconds left on the clock) on a run where I stole something else instead but at that point I was just glad to succeed.

Also a raresteal from trashmobs near Hojo, some Soldier enemies.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 17:24:10 by Mithrain »

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: 2016-04-03 17:27:09 »
Thanks Mithrain, I'll try it. The bastard has wiped me like 4-5 times now. Time to finally take revenge.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: 2016-04-03 17:40:12 »
Tell you what, I'll give CMD. Grand Horn a good drop.
Just loaded up my other save file and fought him. Fantastic item to give him, 10/10 would fail Fort Condor again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: 2016-04-03 20:21:30 »
Can this be left in?  I think having a set mob at the end to power grind SP as an option would be the ideal solution to the SP accumulation debate.  You could set the SP value to 1 or something real low so power levelers like myself still have an option for SP at the end if we need it

(plus I could feel better about needing some extra levels in the Shinra building--thank you for allowing me to turn off random battles!)

Yeah, that's fine.

Hm, I'm struggling with the abyss fight in North Crater and I can't get out of the area. How do you beat him? He has that breath that game-overs you if used. How do you stop this move? Compared to the Cloud/Sephiroth yin/yang fight Abyss seems very difficult.

That was a problem with that boss actually, the mechanic just isn't apparent at all. I'll maybe ditch it.

I have a requestion regarding combining support materia with various summons.

Ramuh + Added Effect - Why doesn't this allow me to inflict or protect from Paralysis?
Kjata + Elemental - Although it could be troublesome if used improperly, how come it doesn't allow me to attack with or protect from Fire, Ice, Lightning and maybe Earth?
Bahamut, Neo Bahamut & Bahamut Zero + Elemental - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Shout or Hidden? (I'm suspecting it's the latter).
Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to Remove Barriers on attack or protect yourself from DeBarrier? (I'm guessing no).
Neo Bahamut + Added Effect - Does this allow you to inflict or protect from Dual? (Under Status it isn't listed so i'm guessing no. Really wishing I'm wrong).

There was no flag for paralysis in the kernel when setting Materia equip-effects, but I wanted Ramuh to have it on his attack so unfortunately I had to let it be. For Kjata, Materia can only have one element on it and I didn't want to favour one element over the others; could change it to Earth though as that's the attack Kjata manifests himself in order to perform. Bahamuts are all Shout element; there's no debarrier/dispel effect for connecting it to Added Effect. Neo-Bahamut can't give Dual either because there's two flags needed for that, and one of them is missing from the kernel editor.

Just loaded up my other save file and fought him. Fantastic item to give him, 10/10 would fail Fort Condor again.

Ask and ye shall receive.

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: 2016-04-03 21:59:14 »
Isn't Omega a bit too strong?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: 2016-04-03 22:29:59 »
I dunno. I haven't fought it yet  ;D

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: 2016-04-03 22:39:08 »
Isn't Omega a bit too strong?
I dunno. I haven't fought it yet  ;D
He's somewhat based off FF8's Omega Weapon with a couple of changes. 1,161,000 Health but he has a fixed attack pattern. I think for the purposes of this mod his moveset goes along the lines of L5 Death to start then Meteor, Medigo Flame, Gravija, Terra break, Light Pillar, Ultima, back to Meteor with a Physical Slash (Which I have yet to see) as a counter-attack (In FF8 Ultima comes before Light Pillar).

Probably the biggest difference between New Threat Omega and FF8 Omega is that this one is ALOT, ALOT, I MEAN ALOT faster. If you watch some youtube videos of FF8 Omega you can see people getting several turns in before Omega's next attack.

In the current New Threat build he absorbs most elements but seems to take damage from Gravity attacks so Laser will always deal 9999, and L5 Suicide is a cheap way to deal some hefty damage to him. Triple Reflecting Demi spells can also be effective. He also appears to be vulnerable to Paralysis aswell but Dazers seems to miss a chunk. I haven't survived long enough on Active ATB to know if he's vulnerable to Dual or not. He's immune to Haste so I can't make Dual more effective using that method, assuming Haste affects Dual the same way it does regen and also assuming Omega is vulnerable to Dual, which it almost certainly isn't.

POTENTIAL ERROR: With the Extra battle, the Gold and Platinum battle options are greyed out but you can still access them, had a rather nasty suprise of Nemesis Ultra Sparking me to death. Keep in mind the levels of my characters are around the high 50s with no rank ups (Doing a run through without using the drug dealer in the Mythril Mines).
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 22:57:07 by Skirmish »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: 2016-04-03 23:17:39 »
Can confirm he's beatable.

So the options are still available even before they're unlocked? Whoops. Also, he wasn't supposed to be vulnerable to gravity; I think it was listed as something he absorbed in FF8 so I'll get that fixed. As for statuses, with the exception of Frog and Mini, anything that didn't exist in FF8 can be used on Omega here; so Dual-Drain and Paralysis will work.

Actually, I left Manipulate on by accident :l

Edit: Making some revisions to Omega, getting Terra Break to deal 0 damage if you're defending, use his physical attack, etc.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-03 23:31:52 by Sega Chief »

Miksu

• View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: 2016-04-03 23:34:10 »
Spoiler: show

What is that "??????"? I don't mind spoilers... It just seems weird.
Also what does Relic Ring do? "Mysterious artifact". I have a feeling that it's useless. :D
« Last Edit: 2016-04-12 14:46:55 by Miksu »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: 2016-04-03 23:45:33 »
hey sega chief

while you are fixing up omega weapon

remember to remove the sword on him or else people might think he is ulimite weapon

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: 2016-04-04 00:00:19 »
What is that "??????"? I don't mind spoilers... It just seems weird.
Also what does Relic Ring do? "Mysterious artifact". I have a feeling that it's useless. :D

Relic Ring gives Auto-Wall (like a Protect Ring), +20 to Strength & Magic, as well as defending against Dual-Drain and Manipulate (used by some bosses). It will also absorb Hidden...but also Restorative; so if you use it, make sure to have some alternate means of healing (absorb Fire, for instance, using an Elemental Materia).

hey sega chief

while you are fixing up omega weapon

remember to remove the sword on him or else people might think he is ulimite weapon

Ah, but Ultimate Weapon doesn't have a sword in FF7 so we have to assume that Omega borrowed it from him.

Edit: Got the thing for Terra Break working, but need to decide if it's triggered by one character defending or all three need to be Defending. Leaning toward all three.

Edit2: Threw a wee patch up; changes Gravija to Demi3, Terra Break change (all three characters need to defend after Demi3 to avoid the damage), changed up the elemental resistances (I think) and re-enabled the physical attack.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 00:21:26 by Sega Chief »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: 2016-04-04 12:38:32 »
Relic Ring gives Auto-Wall (like a Protect Ring), +20 to Strength & Magic, as well as defending against Dual-Drain and Manipulate (used by some bosses). It will also absorb Hidden...but also Restorative; so if you use it, make sure to have some alternate means of healing (absorb Fire, for instance, using an Elemental Materia).

Ah, but Ultimate Weapon doesn't have a sword in FF7 so we have to assume that Omega borrowed it from him.

Edit: Got the thing for Terra Break working, but need to decide if it's triggered by one character defending or all three need to be Defending. Leaning toward all three.

Edit2: Threw a wee patch up; changes Gravija to Demi3, Terra Break change (all three characters need to defend after Demi3 to avoid the damage), changed up the elemental resistances (I think) and re-enabled the physical attack.

Installed the Scene.bin hotfix and the flevel hotfix. Trying to kill Omega, but he freezes after the demi cast, which I believe is when he's supposed to cast Terra break?

Also, got a w-item from Nemesis the other day, leaving me with 2 of those in my possession. So I'm guessing the midgar drop was not intentional afterall? :>

I really enjoyed the little dialogue after the Nyctalopian dragon fight, giving a bit of backstory to Cid's Highwind limitbreak. o/

Edit: It also still seems that Yuffie suffers a damage penalty, when using 4x-cut from the back row.
edit 2: One of the patches says it also fixes the w-magic drop. I went down there again, but no w-magic in sight. :<
edit 3: The New Threat dude on the Highwind still tells you to go to Midgar for Cid's old mission.
Edit >9000:
Brawler league bugged, giving rewards from the Tifa-solo league.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 13:53:58 by Mithrain »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: 2016-04-04 13:12:36 »
I'm completly stuck at Curator as well. What annoys me the most is that the boss is located in a place you can't get back to in Disc 3. I found a way around to survivre the few first attacks (but once again, if I knew it before I would have farmed more of these >.>). Second thing that is annoying is its high crit chance. A character with no magic materia (so no -x% hp) will either die or left with 100 hp after a crit. It implies any mage can't survive a crit, and even his AoE can crit. Maybe I'm really dumb and I miss something but otherwise i simply have no idea.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: 2016-04-04 13:21:00 »
maybe i should fight the guy, im still lazing around doing the chocobo thing

got my gold chocbo and ran to the quadra magic cave, then got shit stomped by the boss.

lol
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 13:23:44 by selius »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: 2016-04-04 13:56:14 »
I'm completly stuck at Curator as well. What annoys me the most is that the boss is located in a place you can't get back to in Disc 3. I found a way around to survivre the few first attacks (but once again, if I knew it before I would have farmed more of these >.>). Second thing that is annoying is its high crit chance. A character with no magic materia (so no -x% hp) will either die or left with 100 hp after a crit. It implies any mage can't survive a crit, and even his AoE can crit. Maybe I'm really dumb and I miss something but otherwise i simply have no idea.

Ignore it. It drops literally nothing. It's placed there, as people who were doing the Dark Cave sidequest (in the previous patch(es)), went in there clicking the miniature model. This was a problem as Segabro had repurposed the midgar parts into Weaponcrafting-catalysts, and people would then lose these items clicking it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: 2016-04-04 14:01:03 »
Installed the Scene.bin hotfix and the flevel hotfix. Trying to kill Omega, but he freezes after the demi cast, which I believe is when he's supposed to cast Terra break?

Also, got a w-item from Nemesis the other day, leaving me with 2 of those in my possession. So I'm guessing the midgar drop was not intentional afterall? :>

I really enjoyed the little dialogue after the Nyctalopian dragon fight, giving a bit of backstory to Cid's Highwind limitbreak. o/

Edit: It also still seems that Yuffie suffers a damage penalty, when using 4x-cut from the back row.
edit 2: One of the patches says it also fixes the w-magic drop. I went down there again, but no w-magic in sight. :<
edit 3: The New Threat dude on the Highwind still tells you to go to Midgar for Cid's old mission.
Edit >9000:
Brawler league bugged, giving rewards from the Tifa-solo league.

Must be the damage-one; I thought I had both set up correctly but the first one must have fallen off somehow.

I changed it back to the original set-up for W-Item, but I guess you slipped the noose on that one D:<

Yuffie has a damage penalty on 4x-Cut in the back-row? I think someone mentioned that but I clean forgot. Does it happen with the other characters and their ranged weapons? (Cid's Javelin, Red's Hairpin, Barret & Vince, etc.)?

I spotted last night that the trigger for both drops is the exact same for whatever reason. I'll use a new one for the W-Magic.

Wonder why that happens; I'll have a look at the script and sort it out.

You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is off-limits.

Edit: Scene is patched to fix that Omega softlock. Flevel patch will take a little longer.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 14:12:35 by Sega Chief »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: 2016-04-04 15:12:28 »
You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is off-limits.

Let me correct that :

You've missed nothing. It is as it appears. The diorama is currently off-limits.

I've found a new way around for all his attacks right now. So far I've destroyed both arms and done 40k damage to the torso. I failed because I misscasted resist on my team when I wanted to cast something else xD. I'm unsure how many HP the torso have but if it isn't infinite (aka full healing when almost dead) or if it doesn't have a suicide attack doing 9999 ignoring Shield it can be done :)

This fight also learned me that some attacks can ignore the Shield status, is there also a flag to ignore evasion ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: 2016-04-04 15:22:51 »
This fight also learned me that some attacks can ignore the Shield status, is there also a flag to ignore evasion ?

Well, now I'm a little worried ^^'

There is a formula that does that (item damage formulas) and maybe a flag but I don't think I used either; 255% accuracy on magic attacks means it's going to hit, though, and the laser attacks have that.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 15:24:43 by Sega Chief »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: 2016-04-04 15:26:10 »
Let me correct that :

I've found a new way around for all his attacks right now. So far I've destroyed both arms and done 40k damage to the torso. I failed because I misscasted resist on my team when I wanted to cast something else xD. I'm unsure how many HP the torso have but if it isn't infinite (aka full healing when almost dead) or if it doesn't have a suicide attack doing 9999 ignoring Shield it can be done :)

And that new way would be? Not like my OCD wants me to beat him, i just need to know for....for... research, yes research. ( I tricked aque so good, muahahha).

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: 2016-04-04 15:37:22 »
Can confirm he's beatable.

So the options are still available even before they're unlocked? Whoops. Also, he wasn't supposed to be vulnerable to gravity; I think it was listed as something he absorbed in FF8 so I'll get that fixed. As for statuses, with the exception of Frog and Mini, anything that didn't exist in FF8 can be used on Omega here; so Dual-Drain and Paralysis will work.

Actually, I left Manipulate on by accident :l

Edit: Making some revisions to Omega, getting Terra Break to deal 0 damage if you're defending, use his physical attack, etc.
In FF8 I think Gravity didn't heal him but straight up missed or dealt 0. He definitely shouldn't be vulnerable to it but he definitely doesn't absorb it.

Is there a difference between Dual and Dual Drain? Because Neo Bahamut specifically says it has a chance to inflict Dual.
Also does L5 Suicide count as a Gravity attack or a % Formula attack? Under Enemy Skills it doesn't say Gravity Skill like Laser, ?? ?? and Vital Hammer.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:05:49 by Skirmish »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: 2016-04-04 15:46:22 »
And that new way would be? Not like my OCD wants me to beat him, i just need to know for....for... research, yes research. ( I tricked aque so good, muahahha).

To survive the first few attacks before you get a turn, you need to start the fight with protect rings (Auto-Wall), if you stole a ribbon from Brass Dagon, it could be also used on one of your character depending how they can tank the opening attacks. Sadness helps a lot to reduce damage as well. From there, juste haste your team, get a character who keep shielding your team, get one spamming Bolt 3 and the last one to attack a lot with elemental + lightning (and lot of counter attacks :D).

If you run out of ether (though I used something like 2 elixirs and 2 Turbo Ethers) you can steal Turbo Ethers from the "panther" in the tunnel just in front of Shinra HQ.

Going further on the fight, he'll use new attacks such "Harsh warning" which will damage for 9999 one character and ignoring your Shield Status, just use a fullCure on the character and reshield him. He used it only once and seems to be usable only by the arms which means it's not a threat anymore once only torso is left.
You might need 2 or 3 tries to get lucky with the arm grab (it can be used at the beginning right after his opener but it's pretty rare).

In the last phase he has two new attacks which are annoying : Coral laser and Timed warning.
Coral laser won't damage much but inflicts death, shield will again prevent the damage and status.
Timed warning is more tricky because it causes damage ignoring shield (low damage tho, around 1.2k) and inflicts Slow + Stop even when shielded. It's an annoyance only if it affects the character who shield the team. I haven't tested yet but there is an accessory preventing time statuses, equip it on shielding character and it should be fine.

I just checked with the Prod Cloud tool, both arms got 99k hp, torso have around 350k.Since both arms sum up at 200k I'm pretty sure Torso can be done even if it's a bit longer because of the stop status on your attacking character.

There is only last attack from what I've seen with PrC tool which is called "Rainbow laser", the only attack the boss haven't done to me yet. From what I saw with the tool, it should damage a lot but shouldn't pierce shield. I might be wrong, but if it doesn't ignore shield, the boss is definitely doable ^^

Edit: I think I'm going to go through story as I want to see all the additions of the mod. I'll retry this boss later, keeping a save file at Shinra HQ.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:02:20 by aquecoucou »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: 2016-04-04 15:58:58 »
In FF8 I think Gravity didn't heal him but straight up missed or dealt 0. He definitely shouldn't be vulnerable to it but he definitely doesn't absorb it.

Is there a difference between Dual and Dual Drain? Because Neo Bahamut specifically says it has a chance to inflict Dual.
Also does L5 Suicide count as a Gravity attack or a % Formula attack? Under Enemy Skills it doesn't say Gravity Skill like Laser, ???? and Vital Hammer.

L5 Suicide has no element, just a formula-%; it'll hit Omega. As for Dual & Dual-Drain, they're technically the same status; Dual does nothing on it's own except appear in the status tool-tip bar when selecting status-curing items/magic while Dual-Drain will crash the game if applied without Dual.

To survive the first few attacks before you get a turn, you need to start the fight with protect rings (Auto-Wall), if you stole a ribbon from Brass Dagon, it could be also used on one of your character depending how they can tank the opening attacks. Sadness helps a lot to reduce damage as well. From there, juste haste your team, get a character who keep shielding your team, get one spamming Bolt 3 and the last one to attack a lot with elemental + lightning (and lot of counter attacks :D).

If you run out of ether (though I used something like 2 elixirs and 2 Turbo Ethers) you can steal Turbo Ethers from the "panther" in the tunnel just in front of Shinra HQ.

Going further on the fight, he'll use new attacks such "Harsh warning" which will damage for 9999 one character and ignoring your Shield Status, just use a fullCure on the character and reshield him. He used it only once and seems to be usable only by the arms which means it's not a threat anymore once only torso is left.
You might need 2 or 3 tries to get lucky with the arm grab (it can be used at the beginning right after his opener but it's pretty rare).

In the last phase he has two new attacks which are annoying : Coral laser and Timed warning.
Coral laser won't damage much but inflicts death, shield will again prevent the damage and status.
Timed warning is more tricky because it causes damage ignoring shield (low damage tho, around 1.2k) and inflicts Slow + Stop even when shielded. It's an annoyance only if it affects the character who shield the team. I haven't tested yet but there is an accessory preventing time statuses, equip it on shielding character and it should be fine.

I just checked with the Prod Cloud tool, both arms got 99k hp, torso have around 350k.Since both arms sum up at 200k I'm pretty sure Torso can be done even if it's a bit longer because of the stop status on your attacking character.

There is only last attack from what I've seen with PrC tool which is called "Rainbow laser", the only attack the boss haven't done to me yet. From what I saw with the tool, it should damage a lot but shouldn't pierce shield. I might be wrong, but if it doesn't ignore shield, the boss is definitely doable ^^

The Torso has two phases; you'll see Rainbow Laser when it's below 50% HP.

But I'll need to warn you now; there is nothing awaiting you at the end of this endeavor but madness. And a scaled model of Midgar.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: 2016-04-04 16:03:31 »
L5 Suicide has no element, just a formula-%; it'll hit Omega. As for Dual & Dual-Drain, they're technically the same status; Dual does nothing on it's own except appear in the status tool-tip bar when selecting status-curing items/magic while Dual-Drain will crash the game if applied without Dual.

The Torso has two phases; you'll see Rainbow Laser when it's below 50% HP.

But I'll need to warn you now; there is nothing awaiting you at the end of this endeavor but madness. And a scaled model of Midgar.

I know there is probably nothing (welp we are never truly sure :p) that's why I'm going to finish the mod, keeping a save at this place to load it after and take my time to beat it :)

Yeah because I forgot to mention, but my best try (40% damage to torso with both arms dead) took something around a hour. I think that now I know the strategy it could be highly reduced (plus I can optimise more my build). It means that if you go through unlucky tries it can be time consumming ^^
« Last Edit: 2016-04-04 16:06:25 by aquecoucou »

FifulX

• View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: 2016-04-04 16:32:02 »
Eh, Chief, did you say you fixed the NPC at the bottom of the crater? It still does the same thing where you can't not leave and the two options are messed up (save isn't clickable, leave to highwind is save and nothing is leave to highwind)