Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972308 times)

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3400 on: 2016-04-21 21:04:32 »
Clim as piercing sounds good. What I've done in the past is made All Creation inflict a myriad of status ailments and reduce enemy stats (but only slightly, about 10% or so) while Cosmo Memory was turned into a buff spell.

I'm overhauling the Kalm Traveler script; he'll be giving the Gold Chocobo for a Guidebook (so it's relatively easy to access) and the two enemy skills for the other two items. I've also tracked down the Ziegfried problem; scenes in the game were using a different trigger to disable the mystery ninja encounter.
Does this mean the Master Materia fight issue will be fixed? That fight crashes my PC and because the Kalm Traveler prioritises Earth Harp over the Desert Rose I can't do the fight for Pandora's Box. If you're going to make the Gold Chocobo that easy to access then I guess it should have terrible racing stats like in Vanilla, making people easily access the Materia Caves isn't an issue because of each respective Boss Fight in there. Will Guide Book still give you access to the Dragon Force Enemy Skill? Granted it isn't the defence booster I know and love but you turned it into a different kind of useful.

Going to try my luck against Netzechariah now you've fixed the soft lock issue (and probably die a painful death). Out of curiosity is Knights of the Round a Hidden Elemental Summon like in previous NT builds or is it Non-Elemental again? I've also heard it received a significant accuracy drop and that strikes can actually miss.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: 2016-04-21 22:15:08 »
The goal is to set up the script so that you choose what to hand over, and to make the Master Materia drop happen after delivering all three items.

KOTR is non-elemental with 30 base power (same as Comet2) but ignores defence. The accuracy was dropped to 75% per strike, so it's less reliable than before.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: 2016-04-21 22:26:18 »
The goal is to set up the script so that you choose what to hand over, and to make the Master Materia drop happen after delivering all three items.

KOTR is non-elemental with 30 base power (same as Comet2) but ignores defence. The accuracy was dropped to 75% per strike, so it's less reliable than before.
If I am understanding this correctly:

Guide Book: Gold Chocobo (Terrible Stats but easy access to Materia Caves).
Desert Rose: Yahcobo fight + Pandora's Box Enemy Skill
Earth Harp: King Bub fight + Dragon Force Enemy Skill
All 3 Items returned: Master Materia fight + Master Materia

So then Knights of the Round is 13 hits for 1.875x Base Power whilst ignoring Magic Defence. That would mean potential damage is 24.375x Base Power with average damage being 18.28125x Base Power due to the accuracy drop. I'm guessing the goal is to make the Summon powerful but not a universal answer to everything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: 2016-04-21 22:52:53 »
You can breed a Gold with a Wonderful and get a 2nd Gold that'll have better stats, as I understand it. Either way, should be a faster process assuming you can Morph Ghost Ship. It'll take some time though because the script has to be restored manually; wish I'd kept a back-up of it on this flevel, can't copy-paste scripts across flevels. The rest of the script is done; just going to check these fights and fix the other battle-related problems.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: 2016-04-22 02:39:05 »
Sorry to bother everyone with a possibly dumb question again:

Is it possible to run the updated installer over my current game to get the additional patches SC made, or would I need to uninstall/reinstall the game completely to get the new changes applied to my current game?  Provided I wouldn't have to totally start over in the first place?  I only ask because SC was super efficient and updated the installer rather than just make new hotfix patches, and I just want to make sure this won't mess up my whole game...

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: 2016-04-22 02:49:19 »
... Personally I breed em the hard way cause its actually fun. I actually tend to leave that pitiful golden chocobo in my pens once I have him. :)

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: 2016-04-22 03:45:28 »
Um... SC, I don't mean to be rude or annoying, but do you have that alternate solution to me not being able to even open the patcher? I'm just curious... Not mad at all. Text sucks for emotion... ^_^;

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: 2016-04-22 05:20:13 »
Um... SC, I don't mean to be rude or annoying, but do you have that alternate solution to me not being able to even open the patcher? I'm just curious... Not mad at all. Text sucks for emotion... ^_^;

Yeah, I've got something in mind; was just holding off until this round of patches was done.

Sorry to bother everyone with a possibly dumb question again:

Is it possible to run the updated installer over my current game to get the additional patches SC made, or would I need to uninstall/reinstall the game completely to get the new changes applied to my current game?  Provided I wouldn't have to totally start over in the first place?  I only ask because SC was super efficient and updated the installer rather than just make new hotfix patches, and I just want to make sure this won't mess up my whole game...

You can just run the patcher/hotfixes over anything.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: 2016-04-22 12:54:59 »
Morphing the Crater enemies has been reported as being too difficult due to their high HP pools. The plan is to add a handler that, when they're struck by the Morph command at low HP, they report their current increment of HP (so when Iron Man is below 4/32 of his HP and he's hit with Morph, it'll say 'Current HP <= 18375. When he's below 1/32 of his HP, it'll report 'Current HP <= 4594'. It's not perfect by any means, but it'll give people a rough idea of when to hold off on the heavier attacks.

I'll be sorting the issue of missing key items out by moving the missing ones to unmissable locations. Junon Leagues, Dark Cave, and maybe a new event or two to cover what's missing.
Do you have a rough idea of when the handler will be functional, also at least for Iron Man I now know how much HP he has. I also found out that the Armoured Golem isn't immune to Sudden Death, as such I tried to Morph him using Odin + Added Effect but sadly it doesn't work and it also means I can't use Shadow Flare on him due to the chance of instant K.O.

-----

I'd personally be more on board with a "Lost and Found" vendor in Bone Village but as long as they are obtainable in a non-missable way then it shouldn't be a problem. Speaking of Ultimate Weapon ingredients:

Zenogias Feather: Ultimate Weapon - Obtained
X-ATM Core: X-ATM Scorpion - Doesn't Drop
Micro Engine: Love Buster - Doesn't Drop
Gospel Spark: Various Locations - Obtained
7777 Needles: Kaktuar - Obtained
Dark Matter: Cait Sith's Sidequest - Obtained
Pulse Ammo: Tseng - Doesn't Drop
LuvLuv G: Dark Cave - Down for Maintenance
Red Crystal: Not a damn clue - Asking Sega Chief

If all the drops worked properly I would have the X-ATM Core, Micro Engine and Pulse Ammo and be on 7/9 Tertiary Ingredients for Ultimate Weapons. On a side note where is the Red Crystal?

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: 2016-04-22 13:00:11 »
Bug: once wedge falls off the pillar his model disappears from the ground but a random running npcs becomes "him".

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: 2016-04-22 15:05:16 »
Yeah, I've got something in mind; was just holding off until this round of patches was done.

Ah, my apologies

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: 2016-04-22 16:11:47 »
Do you have a rough idea of when the handler will be functional, also at least for Iron Man I now know how much HP he has. I also found out that the Armoured Golem isn't immune to Sudden Death, as such I tried to Morph him using Odin + Added Effect but sadly it doesn't work and it also means I can't use Shadow Flare on him due to the chance of instant K.O.

-----

I'd personally be more on board with a "Lost and Found" vendor in Bone Village but as long as they are obtainable in a non-missable way then it shouldn't be a problem. Speaking of Ultimate Weapon ingredients:

Zenogias Feather: Ultimate Weapon - Obtained
X-ATM Core: X-ATM Scorpion - Doesn't Drop
Micro Engine: Love Buster - Doesn't Drop
Gospel Spark: Various Locations - Obtained
7777 Needles: Kaktuar - Obtained
Dark Matter: Cait Sith's Sidequest - Obtained
Pulse Ammo: Tseng - Doesn't Drop
LuvLuv G: Dark Cave - Down for Maintenance
Red Crystal: Not a damn clue - Asking Sega Chief

If all the drops worked properly I would have the X-ATM Core, Micro Engine and Pulse Ammo and be on 7/9 Tertiary Ingredients for Ultimate Weapons. On a side note where is the Red Crystal?

Red Crystal is currently dropped by the Materia fight.

Bug: once wedge falls off the pillar his model disappears from the ground but a random running npcs becomes "him".

Should (hopefully) be taken care of in the current patch.

Also, the new patches are up; main was updated, IRO, and hotfixes too. Couples things; I'm going to go ahead with the lost & found thing and add an NPC who can dish out stuff/reset events that were missed for bugs and whatnot. This includes Ziegfried, which was missable due to a flag being turned off in certain events. That way I can stick with the plan for key item distribution.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-22 16:20:42 by Sega Chief »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: 2016-04-22 21:10:18 »
@SegaChief
Wrong link for the main installer.

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: 2016-04-22 21:53:16 »
Yeah there was a guard scorpion in the church when talking to Aeris... But when I clicked on 'I don't mind' after the 'I feel like talking' bit, she ran to check on her flowers, then hit a wall(Probably the scorpion)on route to the next bit and couldn't proceed, so I had to close the game. This scene is only completable if you pick the other option, since she takes a different path
« Last Edit: 2016-04-22 21:54:58 by IvoryValor »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: 2016-04-23 04:31:46 »
That's still there? I'll look at it again.

Edit: Updated the flevel hotfix patch
« Last Edit: 2016-04-23 05:00:07 by Sega Chief »

PmP7x

• View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: 2016-04-23 06:02:59 »

I didn't think of that for the Gold Saucer teleport; I'll set the script to disable it during that segment of the game. Did you save your game while you were in there? I could disable Dio's collision in the next patch temporarily if you need to get out.

Nope. The teleport guy said the saucer is closed, so I kind of figured not to get stuck in there.

Thanks

Absolutely awesome fucking mod btw.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: 2016-04-23 12:01:15 »
That's still there? I'll look at it again.

Edit: Updated the flevel hotfix patch
The creation is turning against it's master! We all knew it was a matter of time before it rose up against it's oppressor.

-----

What are the HP Values of Armoured Golem, Master Tonberry, Dragon Zombie and Crater Dragon? I don't see any reasonable way to Morph any of these enemies without severe trial and error (Odin + Added Effect with Morph doesn't allow you to Morph enemies vulnerable to K.O. such as Armoured Golem). As for Iron Man, after explaining your plans regarding morphing crater enemies I was able to work out his Max HP and Morph him accordingly.

Pollensalta and King Behemoth have much more consistent methods and the Pollensalta doesn't need Morphing as Fairy Tale is purchaseable from a vendor in Junon.

I haven't tried morphing Malboro or Mover since I already have Outsider and God's Hand. At some point i'll see if they can be reliably morphed without knowing their HP values.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-23 12:13:17 by Skirmish »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: 2016-04-23 13:29:21 »
Red and Yuffie have the weakest Lv.4 Limits because they only hit once, whereas the others hit multiple times. Vincent's Chaos is also pretty weak because it doesn't have the benefit of a hard-hitting elemental attack like Galian and Gigas. The .EXE patch I'm making will let me tune these up a bit.

While it would actually be quite awesome if you could mod and change some of the more useless limit breaks in the game, that wasn't what I meant(but am now looking forward to!) What I meant was the boss fights that guard these limits breaks. I don't know if others agree but I thought these two fights in particular stood out as needing a buff.

Ah, so that's the thing. I'll set Contain to drop a star short of being Mastered so that multiple copies are available.

Nice, thanks a bunch!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: 2016-04-23 15:03:07 »
While it would actually be quite awesome if you could mod and change some of the more useless limit breaks in the game, that wasn't what I meant(but am now looking forward to!) What I meant was the boss fights that guard these limits breaks. I don't know if others agree but I thought these two fights in particular stood out as needing a buff.

Nice, thanks a bunch!
I'm speaking from a no-rank up perspective but I found Red XIII's Sidequest boss to be reasonably strong and very fast (Plus anyone who's played Ehrgeiz will know why he's called what he is). If any of the boss fights was trivial I would say it was Tifa's sidequest boss. The Aeris sidequest boss is annoying due to one of it's attacks being bugged. Yuffie's I thought was ok given it's up to you to make sure you deal single target damage or face certain consequences.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: 2016-04-23 16:27:31 »
Nope. The teleport guy said the saucer is closed, so I kind of figured not to get stuck in there.

Thanks

Absolutely awesome ferning mod btw.

Cheers, bud.

The creation is turning against it's master! We all knew it was a matter of time before it rose up against it's oppressor.

-----

What are the HP Values of Armoured Golem, Master Tonberry, Dragon Zombie and Crater Dragon? I don't see any reasonable way to Morph any of these enemies without severe trial and error (Odin + Added Effect with Morph doesn't allow you to Morph enemies vulnerable to K.O. such as Armoured Golem). As for Iron Man, after explaining your plans regarding morphing crater enemies I was able to work out his Max HP and Morph him accordingly.

Pollensalta and King Behemoth have much more consistent methods and the Pollensalta doesn't need Morphing as Fairy Tale is purchaseable from a vendor in Junon.

I haven't tried morphing Malboro or Mover since I already have Outsider and God's Hand. At some point i'll see if they can be reliably morphed without knowing their HP values.

The HP values are:
Dragon Zombie - 153,000
Iron Man - 147,000
Master Tonberry - 129,000
Behemoth King - 168,000
Armored Golem - 115,000
Mover - 55,000
Malboro - 99,400
Pollensalta - 77,000
Crater Dragon - 103,000

Nice, thanks a bunch!

Ah, right. I'll have a look at them then.

I'm speaking from a no-rank up perspective but I found Red XIII's Sidequest boss to be reasonably strong and very fast (Plus anyone who's played Ehrgeiz will know why he's called what he is). If any of the boss fights was trivial I would say it was Tifa's sidequest boss. The Aeris sidequest boss is annoying due to one of it's attacks being bugged. Yuffie's I thought was ok given it's up to you to make sure you deal single target damage or face certain consequences.

Tifa's new one was very last-minute, so I'm not surprised it's a bit shoddy.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: 2016-04-23 22:44:04 »
"we don't a level 4 revive but this would do" WHAT?????????? So I guess I have to play the game with her haha

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: 2016-04-23 22:45:45 »
"we don't a level 4 revive but this would do" WHAT?????????? So I guess I have to play the game with her haha
Her Ultimate Weapon is very useful with a certain ability, I'm glad she's around.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: 2016-04-23 22:47:25 »
This feels like heresy even tho it makes complete sense to use a phoenix down but still, the mod has been so much damn fun that I'll continue just to see how you guys wrote her into it haha

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: 2016-04-24 03:03:29 »
The Corel Train is absolutely ridiculous now...I finished off the last boss with 8 seconds left, and when my party popped out on the screen with the train, it literally read zero.  That's kinda BS SC.

Also, is the final Fort Condor battle even winnable?  And does it matter even if I don't?  I beat CMD Grand Horn, got the expected reward, and it doesn't look like there were any penalties, but did I maybe miss something?

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: 2016-04-24 06:20:24 »
every enemy on corel train has a blatant weakness. you're just not bothering with it

final fort condor battle is a backrow/sadness/barrier battle. it hits hard but doesnt have much health really