Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972041 times)

magictrufflez

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3550 on: 2016-05-04 02:32:40 »
SC--I've been working on final weapons/sidequests, and seem to have run into 2 issues:

--I have all the necessary items in my inventory to create the HP Shout (Battle Trumpet, Starlight Phone, DM), but when I try to get the smith to make it, he says I don't have all the correct items.  Is there a different version of one of these somewhere I should be looking for, or is this bugged?

--Lost and found guys seems to just want to give me more Pulse Ammo, even though I already got one from him and used it already.  Is this how he's supposed to function?

EDIT:  And another thing--during the fight to get the DM, the boss used both Lvl 3 Flare and Lvl 4 Death.  My entire Party is level 99, and the flare did not hit, but the death did---are the level numbers in the skill display a typo?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-04 02:50:12 by magictrufflez »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: 2016-05-04 02:53:02 »
Fantastic, thanks for the info.

There's a couple other things I was wondering, regarding the Norther Crater, is there an approximate level I should probably be at? I ask because I have people who seem to be close to pushing level 70 which (if memory serves) is verrrry different from how it works in vanilla. I've also only had one character make it to rank 4, though others are approaching that: is that par for the course given where I am? And if not the case, what would be the best way to gain SP?

EDIT: did you restore the weird speechless guy dummied out in Sector 5? He's weird.

Lv.70-80 is the range intended for hitting Disc 3; rank-wise, I'm not sure but I set myself up to be about Rank 6 for going down into the Crater. As far as gaining SP goes, there was an unintended AI bug that I've decided to keep where enemy formations of two or more enemies will always give SP going past lv.44.

Your best bet is to find a large enemy formation that is above Lv.44 (Mideel perhaps) and sweep them; if there's six enemies in the formation, you'll get 5 SP. If there's 5, you'll get 4 SP, and so on. Also remember that SP is like EXP; active party members get the full amount while those not in the party only get 1/2. Junon Leagues also gives a chunk of SP to the participating character if you want to build/catch-up someone specific.

SC--I've been working on final weapons/sidequests, and seem to have run into 2 issues:

--I have all the necessary items in my inventory to create the HP Shout (Battle Trumpet, Starlight Phone, DM), but when I try to get the smith to make it, he says I don't have all the correct items.  Is there a different version of one of these somewhere I should be looking for, or is this bugged?

--Lost and found guys seems to just want to give me more Pulse Ammo, even though I already got one from him and used it already.  Is this how he's supposed to function?

I'll re-check the triggers to make sure there's nothing amiss. As for the Lost & Found, I didn't want to use a fresh set of switches to make it only trigger once and there shouldn't be much harm in getting multiple copies of it after use.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: 2016-05-04 16:19:44 »
Hey guys :)

I need help, i messed up a little with Black Chocobo, a ff7 save editor...

Can anyone please tell me the MATERIA that is supposed to be MASTER/UNIQUE?
Thanks

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: 2016-05-04 17:14:56 »
Also can someone explain me the BOSS in shinra building?

He says something about the hours but i dont get it... he just kills me fast  :cry:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: 2016-05-04 18:11:49 »
Hey guys :)

I need help, i messed up a little with Black Chocobo, a ff7 save editor...

Can anyone please tell me the MATERIA that is supposed to be MASTER/UNIQUE?
Thanks

A save editor will probably mess up a lot of things if you're not careful. As far as unique/master Materia goes:
-) All Summons are 1-Star and drop as Mastered
-) There is only one Enemy Skill Materia in the entire game
-) Long Range is not dropped anywhere in the mod
-) Speed Plus, Luck Plus, and Magic Plus are not currently dropped but are planned to be made available in the Dark Cave sidequest.
-) Mime, Final Attack, Underwater, W-Item, W-Magic, W-Summon, Enemy Lure, Enemy Away, Pre-Emptive, Gil Plus, EXP Plus, MP Plus, Chocobo Lure, and HP Plus are 1-Star and drop as Mastered.

Try to avoid changing character level, as Black Chocobo will auto-adjust their stats to fit the default stats and EXP will likely be messed up too.

Also can someone explain me the BOSS in shinra building?

He says something about the hours but i dont get it... he just kills me fast  :cry:

Ignore him; the puzzle on that floor was removed and all the chests now give items instead. The chest in the stairwell that contains Keycard 66 is also unlocked and can be opened without having to enter the Midgar model room.

Lopes

• View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: 2016-05-04 18:27:18 »
Thank you very much Sega :D

Luckily i didnt change their levels with it, i asked some posts above about their stats. I used it to change them and try different combos.
Thank you :)

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: 2016-05-04 21:41:51 »
I seem to have run into a problem after installing 1.4. After beating Plasma Buster, the game seems to hang and I get box popping up saying "An unknown exception has occurred".

The first time it happened, Aeris' church theme was playing, the two times after that it was just a black screen. Has that happened before to anyone else?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: 2016-05-05 06:18:57 »
So the game reaches the Church scene (where the screen is black and Cloud is coming to) then the crash occurs? Are you using any graphic mods through 7H or the like? Might be that the game is reaching that field screen and then encountering a field model ID that's missing.

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: 2016-05-05 07:21:31 »
Yeah I am going to start this mod once the Dark Cave is back in and had say... three days for bug finding and fixing? Going to be using 7H though. :)

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: 2016-05-05 11:02:53 »
Nah, I wasn't using anything like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used the main installer which seems to have fixed it. Odd. I noticed after reinstalling that P. Buster's model wasn't the current one when I was getting the freeze, I don't know what was up but, in any case, it's fixed now.

Ran into the Aerith/Scorp problem in the church but I see the flevel patch should fix it. I'll try later when I get home.

I've been out of the loop a while, what's up with the Dark Cave being taken out? A big overhaul?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-05 11:04:41 by Murasame »

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: 2016-05-05 14:58:08 »
Nah, I wasn't using anything like that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and used the main installer which seems to have fixed it. Odd. I noticed after reinstalling that P. Buster's model wasn't the current one when I was getting the freeze, I don't know what was up but, in any case, it's fixed now.

Ran into the Aerith/Scorp problem in the church but I see the flevel patch should fix it. I'll try later when I get home.

I've been out of the loop a while, what's up with the Dark Cave being taken out? A big overhaul?
Dark Cave is undergoing heavy maintenance right now, Sega Chief doesn't currently have an ETA on when it will be ready but I'm still looking foward to it.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: 2016-05-05 15:16:35 »
Can we get an ETA on when to expect an updated NT IRO from the main page? It's still at April 22.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: 2016-05-05 21:31:43 »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz8sbu6z1bv297y/FF7_NT_1.4_5th_May.iro

Might be best if I just keep this file separate again, so that it doesn't need to go up with the rest of it.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: 2016-05-05 22:00:20 »
I feel I should credit you for the adjustments to the vanilla script in 1.4. The dialogue for the new events in older versions were also great, I haven't gotten far enough to see if they're changed yet. Anyway, you've kept the spirit of the original while you altered it so very well done.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: 2016-05-06 00:18:18 »
I feel I should credit you for the adjustments to the vanilla script in 1.4. The dialogue for the new events in older versions were also great, I haven't gotten far enough to see if they're changed yet. Anyway, you've kept the spirit of the original while you altered it so very well done.

Cheers, bud; the thing with the PC version is that Eidos changed the script slightly and the formatting was pretty bad so I decided to have a stab at it. Midgar and the Highwind scenes were done a while ago so they might need brushing up a bit and I think I got up to Temple of the Ancients or thereabouts before I put 1.4 out.

Edit: Put in an all-nighter (getting too old for that  :'() and Dark Cave is almost done. It's a lot closer now to how I originally envisioned it; not 100%, but closer.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-06 11:56:31 by Sega Chief »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: 2016-05-06 14:29:53 »
Edit: Put in an all-nighter (getting too old for that  :'() and Dark Cave is almost done. It's a lot closer now to how I originally envisioned it; not 100%, but closer.

Dark cave almost done? Looks like ill have to prepare my bank card for a donation =).

I have not even tried Dark cave when it was first released, but am excited for the "remake"!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: 2016-05-06 22:31:27 »
Cheers, bud; the thing with the PC version is that Eidos changed the script slightly and the formatting was pretty bad so I decided to have a stab at it. Midgar and the Highwind scenes were done a while ago so they might need brushing up a bit and I think I got up to Temple of the Ancients or thereabouts before I put 1.4 out.

Dark Cave hype is real, looking foward to it as I only started playing this mod at V1.4 so it's new content for me. It should also be a chance to obtain some goodies aswell.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: 2016-05-07 16:41:50 »
Looking forward to the Dark Cave as well. Gonna be a while before I get there. I'm just about to fight Dyne. Speaking of..... that damn XATM Scorpion's got 9 lives!!!! I love how Barrett's like "It's that _____ SCORPION BOT again!!!" and Cloud's like "He better stay down this time!" I get the feeling he's not done yet though lol. Almost feels like the chicken from Family Guy.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: 2016-05-07 19:02:39 »
Dark Cave hype is real, looking foward to it as I only started playing this mod at V1.4 so it's new content for me. It should also be a chance to obtain some goodies aswell.

My sentiments and situation exactly, got ants in my pants in anticipation for the Dark Cave and all that awaits inside!

Yapt

• View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: 2016-05-08 01:25:42 »
Anyone got any tips for proud clod? He seem to get multiple turns after a couple of mako cannons

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: 2016-05-08 17:04:53 »
I'm guessing the bomb king and kaktuar are end game bosses right? I'm at the point where I need to return to the forbbiden city to get the holy materia and bomb king hits pretty hard and kaktuar just tornadoes my ass out of the fight!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: 2016-05-08 17:59:47 »
I'm guessing the bomb king and kaktuar are end game bosses right? I'm at the point where I need to return to the forbbiden city to get the holy materia and bomb king hits pretty hard and kaktuar just tornadoes my ass out of the fight!
They are optional bosses that guard the Materia inside the Materia Caves. With HP<->MP being moved to the Powersoul Keeper the Purple Materia Cave now holds the Mega-All Materia. The idea is the Materia in the Materia Caves is far to useful for anyone to just come along and take it, especially with Knights of the Round. So each Materia Cave now has a boss fight guarding it so you have to earn it.

Kaktuar grows bigger whenever he is hit with Magical Attacks, if he gets hit by too many Magical Attacks he uses "Cactageddon" which removes your party from the battle and flags them as dead, resulting in a Game Over. To avoid this limit the use of your offensive magic and hit him with some Physical Attacks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: 2016-05-08 19:38:53 »
Anyone got any tips for proud clod? He seem to get multiple turns after a couple of mako cannons

It's similar AI to the original; when he's below 50% HP he gets a higher chance to use double attacks each turn. I'd recommend saving any limited use attacks (like Summons or Quadra Magic) for until he uses Mako Cannon to speed through the last of his HP faster. Destroying the Jamar Armour should be the first thing to do as well to reduce his Defence. Element-wise, Bolt, Water, and Earth are effective while Wind only deals half-damage. You can reduce a lot of his attacks by 50%m, including Mako Cannon, by wearing a Protect Vest (halves Shoot element) and Type-J Ray can be defended against using the Hidden element (combine Elemental with a non-elemental Materia; but see the list below).

About Hidden element; Skirmish did some testing and found the following:

Hidden Elemental Testing with Mastered Elemental Materia:

The following linked with Elemental WILL grant the Hidden Element:
Planet
Shield
Contain
Destruct
Time
Comet
Barrier
Mystify
Seal
Enemy Skill
Manipulate
Deathblow
Morph
Throw
Sense
Steal
Double Cut
Slash-All
HP<->MP
Underwater
Counter Attack
Mega-All

The following linked with Elemental WILL NOT grant the Hidden Element:
Exit
Transform
Heal
EVERY SUPPORT MATERIA
Mime
W-Item
W-Summon
W-Magic
Cover
Pre-Emptive
Chocobo Lure
Enemy Lure
Enemy Away
Gil PLUS
EXP PLus
HP PLUS
MP PLUS
Knights of the Round
Bahamut-ZERO
Neo-Bahamut
Kjata
Bahamut
Odin

Which is very interesting as it doesn't seem to follow any particular pattern. I wonder how the game decides to link Materia, by their index ID in the .EXE maybe?
« Last Edit: 2016-05-08 19:43:35 by Sega Chief »

Yapt

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: 2016-05-09 07:24:30 »
Cheers for the tips sega. Beat on the first try

jpzchaos14

• View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: 2016-05-09 09:47:44 »
Sega Chief, I know and think you've heard these questions so many times, but for the sake of pete's sake I will ask.
For starters, I just discovered the NT version, through Tifa's Final Heaven Modding: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
The FF7 copy I have is from Steam 2013, and I have decided that I wanna replay the game with a bit of challenge, I think NT is the best way to replay the game again.
I just realized that the version of the NT using the 7thHeaven.exe modder only has NT version 1.1.
I see that you've recently released v1.4.

As of now, I have the Steam copy,
and have Tifa's Final Heaven Modding installed.

Questions:
Is it possible to launch NT v1.4 while still passively using "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
In any case, will NT v1.4 be updated to the "Tifa's Final Heaven Modding"?
Is there a new manual for v1.4 that thoroughly explains every modd changes in NT v1.4?

I do have some suggestions for the NT like (Renaming Spell Names Fire3 -> Firaga, having "Super Nova" Materia, and Sapphire Weapon Boss)
but since I am new to the NT version, I still know little about it.
Maybe these suggestions have already been applied or not. So...
Mind if you can help clear things for a bro like me?
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about certain things, because like I said, new to all this,
and I'm learning everything as much as I can.