Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5004826 times)

GeoFlare

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4850 on: 2017-02-06 11:18:43 »
To clarify about the limit gauges:

I had the 100GP from first arriving at the GS (very handy, thanks), and I decided to spend all of it in the battlee arena. Before starting the arena battles, my limit gauge would be 95% full. It would fill up during the course of the fights, and it would be full by the time I faced Dyne, where I would one-shot him with it. Upon returning to the ready room, my HP/MP/limit gauge would all be reset to what they were before the arena, which means I could rinse and repeat, using a limit break each time to quickly end the last fight. I don't remember vanilla well enough, but it's quite possible it has always been this way.

On another note, is there any way to get rid of the [Resist] status once it's been applied? I noticed that the handicap roulette-inflicted Frog/Small status would be applied despite me being in Resist, and then I wouldn't be able to use Esuna/items to restore my status back to normal. A double-edged sword, indeed :)
You can get rid of the "Resist" status with the dispel magic. Also the limit thing is in the vanilla game, I believe whatever your HP, MP, status, and limit will all revert back to what it was when you first start the arena after doing one (at least it used to be that way)
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 11:22:04 by GeoFlare »

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: 2017-02-06 13:00:50 »
I have a bug when fighting the Platinum Match in the battle square... the enemy gets stuck in his turn doing nothing and thus I need to reset. It happened all the times I tried. Tifa was the party leader, maybe it has something to do with that?

edit: tried with cloud, same result
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 15:16:35 by manconauta »

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: 2017-02-06 15:27:17 »
Is there any trick to not get hit by the breath release of the abyss?

HautSaus

• View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: 2017-02-06 15:37:06 »
Try status affects.

Aquarii

• View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: 2017-02-06 17:33:26 »
Will we get "New Game +" with NT Mod 1.5 in 2 Weeks? (or in a later update)

Kryalis

« Reply #4855 on: 2017-02-06 18:42:29 »
I like how you can play as Sephiroth in the Nibelheim flashback now ^.^
I would also like it if Tifa and that trooper were allies in the battles, or just the trooper.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: 2017-02-06 19:19:13 »
I have a bug when fighting the Platinum Match in the battle square... the enemy gets stuck in his turn doing nothing and thus I need to reset. It happened all the times I tried. Tifa was the party leader, maybe it has something to do with that?

edit: tried with cloud, same result

Does that happen with the scene hotfix applied (or is it the 7H version you're playing)? This issue was reported before but I can't remember if I patched it or not. I can get a patch made fairly quickly if not.

I think it was you had to either inflict Darkness or Silence (probably Silence) after he's stored his breath to make him use Esuna Dance and lose all his stacks. It's a very opaque mechanic though so it's getting changed for the update.

Will we get "New Game +" with NT Mod 1.5 in 2 Weeks? (or in a later update)

I'm probably going to drop New Game+, the debug function I was hoping would reset the game doesn't do it properly and resetting every variable manually might not be feasible as the game has a lot of 'hidden' functions going on for the world map, etc. But I could always return to it and have a shot.

I like how you can play as Sephiroth in the Nibelheim flashback now ^.^
I would also like it if Tifa and that trooper were allies in the battles, or just the trooper.

Wouldn't be feasible unfortunately; the 7H version could handle it, but I'm trying to keep both that and the stand-alone installer version consistent with each other at least until the mod is finished.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: 2017-02-06 20:29:34 »
Curious, since you changed the battle square and made everything set do the levels of the enemies in it change as you level or are they pre-set and only increase after getting the Bronco and Highwind?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: 2017-02-06 21:17:46 »
Curious, since you changed the battle square and made everything set do the levels of the enemies in it change as you level or are they pre-set and only increase after getting the Bronco and Highwind?

The enemy sets change for the following events (same is true of vanilla, except the lists are more randomised):

1) Before Tiny Bronco
2) After Tiny Bronco
3) After Highwind

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: 2017-02-06 22:08:57 »
The enemy sets change for the following events (same is true of vanilla, except the lists are more randomised):

1) Before Tiny Bronco
2) After Tiny Bronco
3) After Highwind
I get that, I'm specifically talking about the enemies levels. Like say, waiting till just before heading to rocket town to get the pre-Bronco prizes and if the enemies level scales with yours. You can have the same enemy sets with different levels.

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4860 on: 2017-02-06 22:11:33 »
Does that happen with the scene hotfix applied (or is it the 7H version you're playing)? This issue was reported before but I can't remember if I patched it or not. I can get a patch made fairly quickly if not.

I think it was you had to either inflict Darkness or Silence (probably Silence) after he's stored his breath to make him use Esuna Dance and lose all his stacks. It's a very opaque mechanic though so it's getting changed for the update.

I'm probably going to drop New Game+, the debug function I was hoping would reset the game doesn't do it properly and resetting every variable manually might not be feasible as the game has a lot of 'hidden' functions going on for the world map, etc. But I could always return to it and have a shot.

Wouldn't be feasible unfortunately; the 7H version could handle it, but I'm trying to keep both that and the stand-alone installer version consistent with each other at least until the mod is finished.

after testing around i found out that you can just use Bad Breath (pretty ironic) :D

Also where do i find vargas ? i changed to tifa party leader, was reading the letter in her house and went to mt nibel reactor but there was only Zangan standing in the reactor saying i should be careful no one else was there
« Last Edit: 2017-02-06 22:13:17 by arclitewut »

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: 2017-02-06 23:46:44 »

Nope I haven't installed it. I would do it but I need to move out of the house tomorrow and I think I won't have time to try it.

MuckingFuffins

• View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: 2017-02-07 00:51:43 »
I just downloaded and started this mod today, and I've found a game breaking bug.

First, an image: http://imgur.com/a/9R4HD

As you can see, the first boss has spawned in the church. I cannot interact with it. When Aerith goes to check on the flowers, her pathing gets her stuck on the boss's model and no further playing is possible, as she runs into the boss forever, as seen in the second photo.

It's on the steam version of FF7, if that matters. I'll have to reload a save and fight plasmabuster again to get here, then I'll see if it happens again.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: 2017-02-07 00:58:20 »
I just downloaded and started this mod today, and I've found a game breaking bug.

First, an image: http://imgur.com/a/9R4HD

As you can see, the first boss has spawned in the church. I cannot interact with it. When Aerith goes to check on the flowers, her pathing gets her stuck on the boss's model and no further playing is possible, as she runs into the boss forever, as seen in the second photo.

It's on the steam version of FF7, if that matters. I'll have to reload a save and fight plasmabuster again to get here, then I'll see if it happens again.

This bug has already been squashed, I remember cause I was the 1st one to report it. Have you applied all the hotfixes to the main installer?

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: 2017-02-07 01:09:59 »
That would be a fun place for another X-ATM encounter :)

I just finished Disk 1, the Temple of the Ancients bosses were really fun and well-done, even though I have absolutely no clue how you're supposed to Morph the dragon under the circumstances (you can't even sense its HP). I also had no idea that there were Fort Condor battles right in the middle of the Disk 1 climax, that was undeniably hilarious.

MuckingFuffins

• View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: 2017-02-07 01:14:46 »
This bug has already been squashed, I remember cause I was the 1st one to report it. Have you applied all the hotfixes to the main installer?

Thanks, that worked.

I was confused when the original post said,
"If you downloaded the NT Mod before the date shown above then this patch is highly recommended."
I assumed it had been applied to the main installer.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: 2017-02-07 01:26:16 »
after testing around i found out that you can just use Bad Breath (pretty ironic) :D

Also where do i find vargas ? i changed to tifa party leader, was reading the letter in her house and went to mt nibel reactor but there was only Zangan standing in the reactor saying i should be careful no one else was there

The sidequest was changed, might be that it's been flagged as completed due to something that's been done earlier. I can add a reset to the Highwind's debug NPC 'lost & found' if need be; keep an eye out for an flevel patch tomorrow.

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: 2017-02-07 03:18:04 »
Still looking for a response on the Battle Square and level scaling.

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: 2017-02-07 04:28:22 »
Still looking for a response on the Battle Square and level scaling.
The levels should be pre-set, at least the last time I checked they were

alderez

• View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: 2017-02-07 05:15:11 »
The sidequest was changed, might be that it's been flagged as completed due to something that's been done earlier. I can add a reset to the Highwind's debug NPC 'lost & found' if need be; keep an eye out for an flevel patch tomorrow.

Same issue...I never found Vargas and wonder if it also winds up causing me to miss an oversoul shard?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: 2017-02-07 09:23:26 »
@El Grillo
Dispel should be able to get rid of Resist.

EDIT: Whoops, was on the wrong page.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-07 09:24:59 by Bowser9 »

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: 2017-02-07 11:01:48 »
Same issue...I never found Vargas and wonder if it also winds up causing me to miss an oversoul shard?

you can get shards by playing the first junon league bracket ;)

Also is it normal that the HP Plus materia gives +25 % HP and is -25% HP , so speaking its completly useless - is that a troll  :-o
« Last Edit: 2017-02-07 11:03:24 by arclitewut »

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: 2017-02-07 14:43:05 »
The levels should be pre-set, at least the last time I checked they were
Thanks! And Arclite, try equipping it and see if it does increase your HP, might just be a visual typo.

arclitewut

• View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: 2017-02-07 14:53:01 »
Thanks! And Arclite, try equipping it and see if it does increase your HP, might just be a visual typo.

Nope its not a typo it actually doesnt do anything (playing the IRO Mod on 7thHeaven)

i just tried the Zack Fight to get Clouds ultimate and i just get 1 shotted everytime by the meteor combo cuz i dont have enough HP even if i use very little materia :/

GameGeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: 2017-02-07 15:17:54 »
Nope its not a typo it actually doesnt do anything (playing the IRO Mod on 7thHeaven)

i just tried the Zack Fight to get Clouds ultimate and i just get 1 shotted everytime by the meteor combo cuz i dont have enough HP even if i use very little materia :/
Can't help there, I just finished Gongaga. My guess though is it's meant for later. But you could also try stacking vit to reduce physical damage and trying to get a sleep off or something.