Author Topic: NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!  (Read 10298 times)

Ultima

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« on: 2002-07-27 15:11:29 »
My FF7 Order from Ebay came today! Yay!

But, having installed it all, I get an error message and the game refuses to run -- "error in flevel.lgp", then the game shuts down.... I figured re-installation would do the trick... then I see that it still gets the same problem!

=(

Do I have to buy another copy or is there another way to save mine?

Perhaps someone could send me their flevel.lgp?

Catch me on AIM if you can help - My screenname is Ultima2876.

Thanks!

flevel.lgp
« Reply #1 on: 2002-07-27 15:27:49 »
flevel.lgp is the biggest file on FF7, something like 120MB, so I can't send it to you, the only thing I can think of, is to copy it clean from any of the 4 CDs *They all contain that file* Just copy:

CDROM:\ff7\field\flevel.lgp

to

HARDDRIVE:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field

And see if it works, if not, just put in the next CD till it does.

IF THAT doesn't work, try re-installing FF7 with the minimum option.

Hope it works. :)

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #2 on: 2002-07-27 20:51:38 »
I have a copy of Flevel.lgp, a Roadrunner cable connection, and nothing but time to Kill.

Ultima

• View Profile
120 MB?
« Reply #3 on: 2002-07-28 01:53:40 »
Shinra Inc has a Cable Connection... The File.... Time to Kill.... but does he have AIM? =P

Erm, well, maybe you could compress it Shinra? How big is it compressed?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #4 on: 2002-07-28 07:56:13 »
If you have a CD Burner, try this: Copy all of the discs to your hard drive. If BMC's file copy thing worked, do that to the install disc folder with the working version. The BURN COPIES of all the FF7 discs, twice. Package one set of copies with your original FF7 discs, and put them in a safe place. The play ONLY with the second copy set. If one of the CD's ever dies, make a new copy from the first set. If those die, make new ones from the orignal FF7 discs.

This will help keep anything like this from happening again.

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Upload? Why not CD-ROM?
« Reply #5 on: 2002-07-28 10:27:46 »
OR! Even better than downloading one hell of a BIG file, try actually following what I said on my previous post, it'll save you ALOT of time.

I very much doubt that all of your FF7 discs have a corrupt flevel.lgp file, unless you're like, the most unlucky person alive.

ShinRa Inc

• View Profile
Re: Upload? Why not CD-ROM?
« Reply #6 on: 2002-07-28 18:43:25 »
Quote from: Black Materia Cloud
unless you're like, the most unlucky person alive.

No, that's my job.   :weep:

Ultima

• View Profile
Shinra Inc sent it already...
« Reply #7 on: 2002-07-28 22:51:12 »
ShinRa Inc already sent me the file - The game now works fine. I'm doing what Seph3D told me to now; making backups.

I checked, and the good flevel.lgp is ~120 MB, yet the one on my discs is only 78.9 MB... the problem obviously lies there.

Anyway, it's sorted, and after I've made all these backups, I'll be starting on some editing =P

And of course, starting a new game aswell...

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #8 on: 2002-07-29 11:32:09 »
Quote from: ShinRa Inc
Quote from: Black Materia Cloud
unless you're like, the most unlucky person alive.

No, that's my job.   :weep:

What should that mean, something bad happened to you ShinRa ?

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #9 on: 2002-07-29 18:44:49 »
I found the ultimate solution to everyone's FF7 problems.
Step 1: Buy FF7 PSX
Step 2: Get ePSXe
Step 3: Configure emulator and play.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #10 on: 2002-07-29 20:03:31 »
Qhimm: HEY ALL OF THE SMILIES WORK NOW!  YAY!

Korjiro:  It would work... if all of us had computers that played Epesxe as well as it does the real game...  I REALLY prefer FFVII PC, even if there is no save state... it's not like I use it anyway...

Kendrilian

ShinRa Inc

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #11 on: 2002-07-29 21:11:23 »
Oh, there's always something going wrong over here.  I'm a walking embodiment of Murphy's Law.  Don't mind me.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #12 on: 2002-07-29 23:05:02 »
Bar None, ePSXe can play any game just as well as the PSX version or a PC version, provided you mess with the settings...but then again most people aren't patient enough to take two-three weeks to get the right settings for your comp.

For those out of the loop, almost every problem with the freaky Squaresoft programming on PSX games has been fixed :D

Ultima

• View Profile
EPSXE is a great idea, but it's already been done =P
« Reply #13 on: 2002-07-30 04:49:45 »
EPSXE is a great idea, but it's already been done =P

I don't need to play the game - I've got the PSX version, and that's good enough to play on. The only real reason I want FF7 PC is to hack it =P

Of course, I would rather it ran nicely, so that I could see my hacks in action, therefore, I need the working PC version.

Unless of course, Cosmo works with the PSX version... problem with that would be that the pSX version doesn't use flevel.lgp =(

Well, ePSXe would work nicely for those who want to play it and be satisfied =P

Nori

• View Profile
hontoni sugoidesune!
« Reply #14 on: 2002-07-30 05:23:46 »
Sorry, I hope this isn't really off from the topic!

But about several days ago, I saw most clever & interesting thing from my little brother (^^ he is cool)! Since, I have PS2 Region Free, I never use ePSXe...  but using my atarashi (new) compu with my PSX FF7 CDs, my PC FF7 saved games, newest ePSXe, FF7che & Jenova and PSXMemTool.

With that - he edited PC FF7 saved games (with FF7che & Jenova), and convert PC saved games into PSX by PSXMemTool!

Result: Items, Limits LVs, LV 255!?!, and WOW... I felt very bad to One Wing Angel ^^; also playing by ePSXe was alike my PS2 and PC FF7 combined! Decent sound even graphics!

I'm sure it wasn't that impressive to some of ya, but hey still cool to me ^__^

But if your PC's FF7 wouldn't work why not rent "PSX FF7" from a local-video store and use CloneCD... well you do the math~

ShinRa Inc

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #15 on: 2002-07-30 18:46:49 »
I've never been to a video store that rents PC games.   :erm:

Goku7

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #16 on: 2002-07-30 21:24:32 »
Quote from: KojiroTakenashi
For those out of the loop, almost every problem with the freaky Squaresoft programming on PSX games has been fixed :D

True, for the most part.  However, for those who are still out of the loop, using ePSXe to play FF7PSX also means that the battle swirl effect only works on approximately 70% of the World Map (don't ask me which 70%, I only have the PC version), and when you're NOT on the World Map, you won't get the battle swirl effect.

Hey, I've got a question for you PS2 users who also use PSX emulators.  In the emulators, you can't get Perspective correction because the PSX GPU plugins, which are modeled after the PS1 graphics hardware, are not able to use your vid card's Z-buffer.  Does the same thing happen when you use your PS2 to play regular PS1 games, or does it somehow get around that?

By the way, Lewpy's Glide GPU plugin rocks in FF9!

Ultima

• View Profile
I'm not sure about the technical stuff, but
« Reply #17 on: 2002-07-31 04:32:30 »
I dunno about the technical Z-Buffer stuff etc, but the PS2 has slightly lower screen quality, IE: It "grinds" the edges of the lines on screen... everything else looks fine. Does that help?

Ultima

• View Profile
Not more problems!!!
« Reply #18 on: 2002-07-31 05:20:00 »
I have an Audio.dat file that is 0KB... I've done all the routine checks of files on the CDs, but I can't find it. Shinra Inc told me that it is meant to be 64 MB...

Anybody know where I could get it from... it seems that this is the last problem I'm going, except of couse if it crashes =P

:D  Thanks

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #19 on: 2002-07-31 16:20:45 »
Goku7, of course you would know alot about the Emu stuff, you're part of the community there! :D
All the PS2 does it "Texture smoothing", which is some kind of cheap filter, and it can cut load times in about half. Ugh...I'm not EVEN going to go into the PS2's shortcomings (lack of RAM, blahblah...)....
The PS2 has a bit of PS1 hardware in it, and all it can do is smooth the textures...that's why I stick with Emus. The PS2 cannot give me Higher Resolution, true Anti Aliasing, all those pretty filter options, or the 2xSai! (God Bless Pete).
Also, I can get the framebuffer sweep thingy to work just fine :p
Not to mention the power of my soundcard to remix audio on the fly to full 5.1 surround (wonders on PS1 games).

So yah, Goku...all it does is Texture Smoothing, which I have the nagging suspicion is just a blur technique...

The SaiNt

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #20 on: 2002-07-31 20:46:54 »
I use emulators a lot, especially, epsxe and snes9x :)

However, I still prefer PC ports to the emulator versions, provided the port was done well or semi-well.

FF7's PC version maybe limited to 640x480 but I use 4X FSAA and it runs without problems for me. Besides, FF7 uses higher resolution textures in the PC version, something that even filtering doesn't help with an emulator.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #21 on: 2002-07-31 22:20:08 »
Unless you use Pete's Hi-res textures (I helped inspire that debate!) :D

The SaiNt

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #22 on: 2002-07-31 22:33:58 »
Quote from: KojiroTakenashi
Unless you use Pete's Hi-res textures (I helped inspire that debate!) :D

I personally use Pete's Plugin's for epsxe.
However, there is a difference between using a high resolution texture and using a low resolution texture with filtering. Even the good filtering techniques such as Eagle and Supersal (Can't remember the names) still can't compare to an original high resolution texture.
If the could then we could just save everything as a low resolution texture, couldn't we?  :wink:

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #23 on: 2002-08-01 01:19:41 »
Ah...true enough....
But what good are h-res textures if they're not in 32-bit colour?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
NOOOOOO!!! Please Help!
« Reply #24 on: 2002-08-01 02:12:53 »
What good is filtering images that aren't 32bit?

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]