Author Topic: Trouble with crashes  (Read 2513 times)

aliengod3

• View Profile
Trouble with crashes
« on: 2014-07-26 07:45:25 »
Hello,

I have been experiencing some crashes that are affecting my game progress. I have been unable to collect the kjata and pheonix materias. When I try to pic them up a pop up window appears saying my game crashed. Also when I am trying to stop the train from reaching north corel I am having another issue. When I am on the train and I make it to the 4th cart and the battle sequence starts up I get the same pop up window saying my game has crashed. Another also is that my game in general crashes every few minutes. It just stops responding. I have tried turning off firewalls and I did a full install (as much as Steam will allow me) but I'm not sure what the issue is. I just want to play FF7  :'(

I am running a ff7 version I bought off of steam. I use wondows 7. I have an Nvidia graphics card. Any help is appreciated!

Mendelevium

• View Profile
Re: Trouble with crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-26 09:15:34 »
Have you installed any additional mods?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-26 15:02:47 »
Those are all new battle locations for Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod; picking up Kjata, Phoenix, the 4th Corel Train car, etc. That means you probably have a Hardcore mod flevel installed but the game's scene.bin isn't from the Hardcore mod (in other words the game is being made to look up enemy formations that don't exist).

As for the random crashes, that could be from the same problem; new random battles being referenced that don't have valid data in the scene.bin. I'd recommend deleting the FF7 data folder in the Steam folder and then having the game re-install itself. That should (hopefully) provide 'clean' default files. Alternatively, if you've used the Hardcore mod installer then there might be a file in the Data/Field folder called 'flevel.bak.lgp'. This should be the default flevel; delete the file called flevel.lgp and rename the 'bak' one to flevel.lgp.

aliengod3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-26 17:58:50 »
Awesome thanks for the help!