Author Topic: Issues - New Game with mods  (Read 4115 times)

stevenm281

• View Profile
Issues - New Game with mods
« on: 2016-03-15 19:10:47 »
Hello!

I wanna start a new game with mods and I'm encountering some bugs:

- Cloud's Buster Sword is white in battle (Problem with using the Battle Model Bloodshot-Classic)
- Jinkazama2k7 NPC models are not working (I got version 2.3)
- Not sure if the first two soldiers that we fight are supposed to have updated Battle Enemy Models, but they don't.
- My custom OST files are loading, but not looping (they are in .ogg format, in the vgmstream folder) *FIXED*

- I've replaced the opening movie in the data\movies folder by a new one with an updated audio track in it, but it still plays the old midi track in-game..
  To fix this, I had to turn the Media - Movies mod to No Change.

Can anyone assist me with these matters?

Thank you for your time and patience.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-16 14:52:23 by stevenm281 »

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Re: Issues - New Game with mods
« Reply #1 on: 2016-03-15 21:22:35 »
I don't have a fix for the NPC one, but the Buster Sword issue is definitely you using a model that isn't tested with the Battle- Weapons mod.
As far as I know, the only Shinra enemies with an updated model that aren't bosses are SOLDIER.
And as long as you've coded the OGGs to loop in Audacity or a similar program, they should loop.
And, for future reference, it seems that selecting a specific mod for something that you can manually replace (i.e. audio or movies) overrides the files present in that folder.

stevenm281

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-03-15 21:33:10 »
For the Battle Model, I was using Bloodshot-Classic, I'm gonna try it out with Kalderasha.
*It works*

As for the ogg, I thought that by default the game would loop the file, so I simply edited them by cutting the parts I didn't need so that it repeats well from start to finish.
I'm gonna try to see how to manually set those loop points, but I wish they would be a box to check that would make it easy to loop from to start to finish.

« Last Edit: 2016-03-15 21:37:47 by stevenm281 »

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-03-15 21:40:48 »
Yeah, as long as you cut the parts out exactly, all you have to do is start and end loop at the beginning and end in Audacity.

stevenm281

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-03-16 14:18:09 »
I think the reason I couldn't set the looping points is because I was using Audacity 1.3.2, and everywhere I read to use Audacity 2.0 (now 2.1.2).

Now that will make it much easier to follow tutorials about it.

*IT WORKS!!!!*
« Last Edit: 2016-03-16 14:52:01 by stevenm281 »

stevenm281

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-03-16 14:32:47 »
I'm not sure if my spell textures are working, I tried all three possibilities, and in-game, it feels like they all the same animation...

Btw, once I'm done and everything works correctly with the OST, is there any way I can make it available to you guys, maybe have it included in 7th heaven?
I took care of compiling a tracklist in a notepad file with all the artists credited, a no copyright infringement intended notice, and a recommendation of purchasing the source material on Loudr, Amazong, iTunes, etc.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-16 23:31:50 by stevenm281 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2016-03-17 05:32:59 »
That notepad simply stating your intentions is not enough to bypass copyright laws. If your music is indeed purchased from sources such as Amazon, iTunes, etc. then you cannot distribute it to the public. Well, at least not on these forums you can't. Sorry.

stevenm281

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-03-17 05:44:18 »
Thank you for clarifying this. (OST sharing)