Author Topic: 7th Heaven not resuming my partial downloads after connection drop. 2.0.3.406  (Read 1321 times)

TheOneTrueZen

• View Profile
-----Begin random first post introduction and thanks for the 7th team-----

Firstly a huge thank you to the 7th heaven team, this is bringing back a lot of nostalgia for me after finishing a difficult time in my life. I can't express the amount of gratitude I have for everyone who worked on this project and the mods themselves. FF7 was the first video game I ever played all the way through I was only 8 years old when it came out and remember watching my older cousin limit break with cross-slash and thought Cloud looked awesome. When I was older my first console was a PS1 and FF7 got me hooked on storytelling via video games one of the few positive memories from a bad childhood. So once again thank you all.

------Begin tl;dr your personal crap, give me the actual problem---------

I am staying at a residence with a really crap router, it randomly cuts our connection every 30-220 minutes before reconnecting. When this happens my download disappears from 7th heaven.

I checked the temp files and the temps are always there sometimes up to 1.5 gb, but when I attempt to re-download the mod the temp file disappears and restarts at 0 bytes. I can't find a lot of information but it seems from some of the posts I read 7th heaven is supposed to recheck these files and continue?

Is there something I can do to fix this, or should I just download mods as .iro with a download manager and import them? I'm mostly interested in Remako HD, but am stuck trying to download the media, and Field Textures from the catalogue.

Any help is super appreciated.

Be well.
Zen

Google Drive link to applog
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lxpAOiSgc_p32EiASIRX4U_EHmJH0VpH/view?usp=sharing

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Sorry for the late response. I haven't logged on for a while. Sorry to hear about your life issues, but I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you.

Regarding your issue, 7H 2.0 does not have partial download resume support. It merely has a pause/resume function with an active connection, and even that only works if the sending server supports it. Starting with 7H 2.2, it does in fact have a best effort resume partial download function and again, relies on server support. It has worked for me on a few occassions. But if you're looking for a more reliable way, it would probably be to use a real download manager and get them from the web. There are several mirrors available for many of the mods on http://7thheaven.rocks