Author Topic: Real Media Download - Help me please...!!!  (Read 7844 times)

Yuna

Real Media Download - Help me please...!!!
« on: 2001-08-04 21:13:00 »
Halo ..its me again
I wanna ask you somethin'. I have a link that connected to FF X movies and i really love to save it in my hard drive, but the link was host by Real Time Stream Protocol or rtsp://. I can't d/l with GetRight or somethin else..!!

Can anybody help me found out how to download a real media file from a rtsp:// server.

The link are
rtsp://216.136.206.154/gamespot400/gslive/56k/ffx_ps2-58.rm
rtsp://idirector.media.ibeam.com/real/gamespot400/gslive/56k/ffx_ps2-58.rm

Thanks   :)

[This message has been edited by Yuna (edited August 04, 2001).]

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #1 on: 2001-08-04 22:05:00 »
I'm pretty sure that what you ask is impossible, because the company making RealPlayer doesn't want you to do this (because of copyright issues).

But, you can always try finding a program that emulates RealPlayer (ie sends the same commands to the server) but dumps the results to drive instead...don't know if such a thing exists though.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-08-04 22:11:00 »
Realplayer blows.  Bad music and video quality, slow streams, awful connections...
unfortunately, in this case, you probably can't save the file, because RP sucks royally.  Any other time, go with Windows Media Player or Quicktime.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2001-08-05 00:50:00 »
There is a program out there to do this but...I..ah forgot to back it up and there for have lost it...I supose I wil dig it up again then.

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2001-08-05 01:07:00 »
Oh, please do, Canealot!  Then I can defile my hard disk with video clips of awful quality and crappy sound to boot!  (Actually, a program like that might be useful!)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-08-05 02:06:00 »
It was useful. Insted of streaming a 200 meg video clip at like 500k a sec on my 115k a sec connection I just spent about 8 hours downloading the thing.

I will ask on the message board I got it from all that time ago....

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #6 on: 2001-08-05 05:28:00 »
Sometimes, you can just right click the link and select the 'save target as' option.

But that usually only works with real http sites....

[This message has been edited by Threesixty (edited August 05, 2001).]

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2001-08-05 05:39:00 »
Never works. You just download a file that when you clock on it begins streaming it again. You need this special proggie. If I can find it..no luck yet.

cynix

« Reply #8 on: 2001-08-05 13:49:00 »
there's a program called "StreamBox VCR" that can save streaming media to hard disk...

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2001-08-05 16:09:00 »
"StreamBox VCR"

Thats the bunny.
Thats what it was.

Yuna

« Reply #10 on: 2001-08-05 21:17:00 »
Thanks Cynix...
I got StreamBox VCR 1 beta 2, 1.31 and the Suite Version + all the cracks....!!

Imagine..you can download Real Media w/ good quality (for T1 Connection - bigger files, more quality it gets)..

Wohooo, its show time..... :)

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #11 on: 2001-08-05 21:32:00 »
Yuna: Do you have T1 connection ?
If yes: WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!! I've got only one of these laming 56K connections...

- Alhexx

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-08-05 22:53:00 »
Yuna, don't talk stupid.  There's  no such thing as a high quality Real Player clip.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-08-06 00:13:00 »
Yes there is. I have seen many a good real player clip. But Media Player useing Div-X or ASF is much much better!

Yuna

« Reply #14 on: 2001-08-06 05:04:00 »
Mmiller, i dont talk stupid.

I just compared a real media movies from connection categories. Example : i have download a clip for 56K(500kb), Cable(2MB) and T1(4MB). And the best result is from T1 Connection. Like i've said before, bigger file - more quality. I'm not comparing with High Quality Movies such as AVI or MPG.

I know from your post that you hate/dislike Real Media and you'd prefer using MPG or other High Quality - Big Movie Files. Thats really great.

And Alhexx, i do have T1 connection, but in my father's room (actually his home office). And i'm only have 56k in my desktop computer.

For Sir Canealot, yes i have d'l DivX plugin for real media and Media Player. Should be work now

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2001-08-06 07:26:00 »
Um, sorry for the confusion, but I WAS KIDDING!  :wink:

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-08-06 12:59:00 »
Who says. Are you new to computers or what. Hi quality realplayer files can be not streaming too. Click  http://come.to/rkenshin" TARGET=_blank>here to see zipped 4-7mb high quality Rurouni Kenshin MTVs in RealMedia format. Requires Jetcar a.k.a. Flashget (Other downloaders don't work, including IE's internal one.) If you didin't end up on the Multimedia page, browse there yourself.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-08-06 13:05:00 »
Um, thats ok Joey. How can you actually stream a hi-quality clip? On my 33.6K its like watching a slideshow when I stream stuff, if I set the minimum bandwidth to a cable connection or something it still plays craply, it just makes the pictures kind of distorted.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-08-06 13:07:00 »
@%^##! Crappy 33k modem!!! Also, some realplayer clips can be found in the Temporary Internet FilesFolder. Flash and Shockwave movies are here too.

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2001-08-06 13:19:00 »
Try selecting play in the prefrences -> performance -> Play from web links -> Settings. This should enhance quality. Also, does anyone here know where can I get a program that decodes RealVideo files to MPG files?

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #20 on: 2001-08-06 14:03:00 »
*Begins to wonder if his 33.6 modem will ever run at full speed on his crappy second line. Then says "To hell with it!" and begins wondering when they're gonna support DSL at his house.*

I'd think about cable, but my house isn't cable ready, and that'd be WAY TOO MUCH to spend. Free installation, my ass!

Sephiroth 3D

"One who seeks knowledge from another person, doesn't learn half as much as the one who seeks
knowledge for himself." - Vincent Valentine, The Sephiroth Chronicals, Book 1: Resurrection

[email protected]  
Sephiroth 3D's Final Fantasy (Currently Offline)
 http://members.tripod.com/~EmperorTim/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Sephiroth's 3D Lair  
 http://members.tripod.com/~Sephiroth3D/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Sephiroth 3D's Promised Land