Author Topic: Changing disks / No-cd problem -- PC FF7  (Read 4814 times)

zelhge2

Changing disks / No-cd problem -- PC FF7
« on: 2003-08-29 19:27:24 »
Hello !

I'm playing a downloaded FF7 (unable to buy it, and really want to try FF series ! Sorry for purists !) and I play thanks to a no-cd crack (actually two consecutive cracks...).
I've just reached the end of Disk1 and the game ask me for Disk2 ; but all disks are on my hard disk and I can't pass through this screen. The program do not crash (I can still quit with ctrl+q) but I'm stuck here...

I've tried to burn disks, changing registry entries, tested disks on all my cd-rom drives, changing data directory to 'ff7' (and then changing registry key) ; no way, untill now (about 4 hours of tries, because I have to see those videos and beating Jenova-LIFE for each try...)

When I launched the game, it never asked me for any disk (thanks to the cracks). And I fail to make it works in "disk asking" mode (with cds instead of all-on-my-hard).
I think the problem comes from those cracks, but don't find a single other crack working...
My cracks are from TiMeLoRd and Phyrexian (and I have to aply them in this order or it crashes before starting, or keep asking me for disks...)

I'm also running under WinXp, and successfully passed the chocobo's racing crash thanks to this forum and its great asm programmers.

I'll be happy to find a solution soon, I'm so frustrated !!! I've to avenge Aeris !! ;) A lot of thanks to you !

ZelhgE2

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2003-08-29 20:01:44 »
Assuming you have working discs, you should try and reinstall the game and play it without the crack... see if that works.

I use CloneCD's Virtual Clone Drive to emulate a CD-ROM drive, and play games without the CD without losing data or having to deal with no-CD cracks.  We don't really support no-CD cracks on these forums, though.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-30 00:28:58 »
you may need to use a dummy cd just name some of ur next CD-Rs the corresponding disc names (FF7DISC1 or something etc) and have the registry point to ur cd drive under "DATA DRIVE" key and then change discs when prompted, worse comes to worse replace FF7.exe and CDCHECK.exe with the originals and use those CD-Rs you made earlier to by pass the change disc screen, i hope this works :)