Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI released!  (Read 12111 times)

Galadyn

• View Profile
Final Fantasy XI released!
« on: 2003-10-29 11:40:21 »
Getting it Friday (payday) myself.  Anyone here already playing it?  Share your early experiences and thoughts on the game!

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #1 on: 2003-10-29 17:02:11 »
This is the MMORPG one right? If so i am giong to have to bow out all together.. i think it would be awesome but i am too busy with school/life to tackle another MMORPG :(

vvalentine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2003-10-29 18:08:37 »
I played it during beta, so I get to keep my handle name.  I don't know if I'm able to use the beta version or have to buy the game.  But I too will wait for Friday cuz it's pay day.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-10-29 18:20:53 »
ARGH why do u have tp play beta, /me wanted beta :/

lets hope it ships well to EU or that EU version will be here soon :)

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #4 on: 2003-10-30 03:36:56 »
Got it and lovin' it 8) . Bosses are still too easy though(easy bosses? Check outhttp://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2498)but no, still a good game. Worth buying a PS2 for alone.
Sephiroth2000's Stamp-RECOMMENDED!.

Haruhiko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2003-10-30 11:02:06 »
Does FFXI has the same typical FF-Feeling like FFVII/VIII/IX/X?

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #6 on: 2003-10-30 18:00:42 »
In a way, it has a whole new feel to it, but still seems like and is a FF game. Real sweet, get it as soon as possible.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2003-10-30 18:30:20 »
I'm not getting FFXI... it's pay to play. And from what I've read.... 6 GB of installation space?   :o Doesn't sound too good to me.

Seph2000: Not sure what you're talking about..... but, FFXI isn't out in North America for PS2 yet... or unless you're playing the Japanese version?

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #8 on: 2003-10-31 01:22:15 »
Quote from: FFTactic_Boy
I'm not getting FFXI... it's pay to play. And from what I've read.... 6 GB of installation space?   :o Doesn't sound too good to me.

Seph2000: Not sure what you're talking about..... but, FFXI isn't out in North America for PS2 yet... or unless you're playing the Japanese version?

Yep. Got the Japanese version, and since i'm teaching myself Japanese now I can read a bit of what they're saying.

oglsmm

• View Profile
Woo-Hoo!
« Reply #9 on: 2003-10-31 01:38:00 »
Well I bought the PC version today, and I am installing it now..... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

oglsmm

EDIT - Wow... it sure has a lot of updates to download......

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #10 on: 2003-10-31 01:45:26 »
My friend at college has installed FFXI PC. 6GB? And it takes(from his comp)thirteen hours to install, procceeded by an extra ten hours for all the updates. Now you see why i settle with the PS2 version! :wink:

FFTactic_Boy: I don't even live in North America.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2003-10-31 02:38:01 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000
My friend at college has installed FFXI PC. 6GB? And it takes(from his comp)thirteen hours to install, procceeded by an extra ten hours for all the updates. Now you see why i settle with the PS2 version! :wink:

13 hours doesnt sound remotely right.. maybe you exagerate? or he uh something but 13 hours!? 10 for updates.. musta been on what a 14.4?

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-31 07:19:38 »
well the problem with the PS2 version will be: NO UPDATES. thus if one char is overpowered he will stay for the rest of the game. so evryone takes that char so evryone is overpowered and evryone quits cause its one overpowered bunch sh*t

Rubicant_II

« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-31 08:03:21 »
Doesn't the ps2 version come with a hard drive for updates? Oh, why bother asking, I already know the answer. Yes, it does come with a hard drive (more extra money they are capitalizing upon) so that you can get updated if they suddenly realize the game is getting shitty. That's why MMORPG's suck. They are always changing, and some asshole in marketing thinks its a great idea to "shake things up a bit" by making the game completely different in a single update. Well, if I ever do play on playing that suckfest, it'll be on a friend's tab; I'm not paying for such shite.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2003-10-31 10:52:18 »
Quote from: Sephiroth2000

Seph2000: That explains it. Thanks.

Quote from: Caddberry

13 hours doesnt sound remotely right.. maybe you exagerate? or he uh something but 13 hours!? 10 for updates.. musta been on what a 14.4?

Actually, he might be right.....

This is what I've read from Gamespot:
Quote from: Gamespot
The game's automatic patching utility needed to update more than 7,000 game files, a process which took more than 30 additional minutes of time, and that's with a very high-speed Internet connection. Though the system requirements suggest that a 56K modem is sufficient for playing the game, clearly, the amount of time it would take to download all these updates would be completely prohibitive for narrowband users.

And Rubicant's right too... the PS2 comes with a hard drive for updates.

Not that it matters for me, since I don't own a PS2 and I don't intend to buy the PC version of FFXI.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #15 on: 2003-10-31 20:02:14 »
Quote from: Caddberry

13.4 actually :p
Galadyn, if you are getting it on Friday, you should have it by now. Like it?

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2003-10-31 23:17:15 »
hmm.. oh well.. i willl be staying away from it anyway.. i cant afford to give my life away to such demons.. LoL .. DIablo II already wastes tons of my time.. If i could just sit on my ass all day and play EQ or this FF game i would.. but since i try to balance life in there i wont even try it..

oglsmm

• View Profile
lost...
« Reply #17 on: 2003-11-01 01:31:10 »
Well it only took me an hour or so to install... then maybe 2 hours worth of updates to download, then maybe another hour to setup and actually play..

Now I'm lost...... I've nevr played a mmorpg bebore... where to I go, how do I talk and all kinds of other questions.... I think I need to buy the guide.....

oglsmm

Sephiroth2000

Re: lost...
« Reply #18 on: 2003-11-01 04:34:50 »
Quote from: oglsmm
Well it only took me an hour or so to install... then maybe 2 hours worth of updates to download, then maybe another hour to setup and actually play..

My freind says You Lucky Bastard. :lol:

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2003-11-01 12:14:42 »
well in a mmorpg it isn't: Where do i go? but: What do i want?

there is no way u should go the same way someone else goes. there is now "right" way to get to a point, there are no bosses wich u have to defeat to get further in the game. there are no long talks bla bla. Only thing in the game that is set is the quests. But its just based on team play grouping and chatting during playing.

an MMORPG = A nice graphics based chat program where u can level a character.

Galadyn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2003-11-02 02:16:29 »
Installing the game is hell, but after that it's really fun.  I'm playing on Bismarck server as Galadyn if you wanna look me up.

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #21 on: 2003-11-02 04:57:30 »
I'll play you if my freind lets me on his computer. Prepare for an easy kill :wink: Just one question, where is the Bismark Server? The URL, i mean

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2003-11-03 17:30:38 »
Is anyone else trying XI? what is the Cost per month anyway? thats what keeps me from playing.. I have a busy life and dont care to invest in something i might not have time to pour my life into.. I know hella people that did that with EQ

Galadyn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2003-11-03 22:20:53 »
$12 per month plus $1/mo. per extra character (in addition to your first one).

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #24 on: 2003-11-04 01:54:03 »
Quote from: FFTactic_Boy
I'm not getting FFXI... it's pay to play. And from what I've read.... 6 GB of installation space?  Doesn't sound too good to me.

Well, it's worth the money. Then again, if you don't like paying for games over the web, i perfectly understand. I don't have that much money either...very short right now...