Author Topic: The Great FF7 FAQ (now outdated)  (Read 369627 times)

lordbaal

hi
« Reply #200 on: 2005-10-20 21:21:22 »
yes, i read the fist long post, its didnt mention to switch win98 mod and direct x or direct shows

i have direct x9 i think im playing CS source and Wc3.
how i switch mod win98 or see which version of direct x i have and finaly how get direct shows?

thx helping me ... i have msn u can talk to me live at : [email protected]

Baal is the name of the guys at diablo... thats transled : destruction, i think im bad in english lol, anyway no one tell me its wrong lol.
can my nick mean : lord of the lord of the destruction? lord is the to dog of the lord

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
The Great FF7 FAQ (read before posting for FF7 support!)
« Reply #201 on: 2005-10-20 22:25:04 »
Direct Show comes with install cd of ff7.
Press right mouse buttn on ff7.exe -> properties and then compatibility mode. try to set on win98.
If you've installed directx recently that's ok.
Make sure you're using ff8 1.02 nvidia patch and have nvidia checked on config.

Noo I didn't mean diablo stuff but sumerian mythology from this name comes ;].

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2005-10-21 00:09:17 »
how i put my new saved file on my ff7 game because dzuigo just gave me it back and i dont know how to make it work do i just orverwrite or wat?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #203 on: 2005-10-21 05:59:36 »
Yeah, overwrite the old one with the one I sent you.

dziugo

lordbaal

« Reply #204 on: 2005-10-21 13:16:13 »
if u dont want to overwrithe, just rename the file at next number

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2005-10-21 22:12:53 »
um my pc broke so i had to reinstall ff7 again if i put that save file in after i install it would it work?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #206 on: 2005-10-21 22:14:23 »
Yes, it will.

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005-10-21 23:19:03 »
ight thx but heres the weird thing when i go in to the save folder i expcet thats where i put it, theres already save 1 and save 2 i think there is since my comp hasn't been fixed yet it will be tommorow so is there a save 1 and save 2 in the save folder already and that is where i'm supposed to put it right?

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2005-10-22 22:47:15 »
um it didn't work i put save.ff7 on to my save folder and it didn't work

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2005-10-22 23:45:46 »
ehh someone plz help me i just got my computer running again so i installed ff7 of course i go to save folder slot 1 and slot 2 is there i put my save called save01.ff7 on slot 1 i start ff7 and i dont get any saved games solutions??

chuachongchee

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2005-10-24 03:37:49 »
hey dziugo

thanks soo much man!  :love:  :love:

chuachongchee

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2005-10-24 03:39:50 »
btw... the slot 1/2 thingy... its for ff8 man...

ff7 is simply save files in the save folder...

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2005-10-24 21:54:03 »
o crap...... i just deleted my ff8 file i think

chuachongchee

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2005-10-26 13:50:21 »
omfg... lol...

where were u anyways?? u cna always restart n do even better! ;D

machaorules

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2005-10-26 22:06:00 »
i wasn't that far i was at the part where you um the part after you get the train tickets after seifer leaves

Johnjc2145

« Reply #215 on: 2005-11-03 21:54:32 »
I have a Radeon 9600 256 MB vid card, AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1 GB of Ram, I have the 1.02 Patch and I cant get past the opening part. The movie will play, Cloud jumps off the train, and Barret tells me to follow him, so I do. Then, when I enter the battle with the first two soldiers, I win, then after Cloud does the sword spin, the screen goes black, then the game crashes ... please help!!!! I also have Win 2000

lif3st3al3r

Help @ some FMVs
« Reply #216 on: 2005-11-06 10:54:11 »
I'm at the end of gaea's cliff and the FMV "greatpit.avi" and "biglight.avi" don't work. Something about liscenses.

I haven't really gotten to the part in the biglight.avi but I accidentally opened it and I got the same message.

Anyway, is there a way to skip the FMV or fix the problem? I have the 1.02 patch, Chocobo patch and Upsidedown patch,. still no go T_T

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2005-11-06 11:14:12 »
Ask dalai for a "better" codec (info here), or send me your save-game.

dziugo

lif3st3al3r

« Reply #218 on: 2005-11-06 11:32:19 »
I see. The codec i'm using right now (AFAIK)is XviD.

I'll try this if not, I'll send my file to you. is that ok ^_^

DemonSeed

« Reply #219 on: 2005-11-17 15:11:38 »
hey, im right at the end of northen crater on disk 2 and it just wont load the scene where the weapons burst out and people escape on the highwind, i cant view this video clip of the disk either says something bout a codec error any ideas?

00stryder

« Reply #220 on: 2005-12-06 22:14:16 »
Having trouble with those movie files? Can't get past the Rocket Town, Weapon 0 or Train videos? Well here's the solution. After searching the internet for a few hours with no solution (including this website), my brother and I found a way to cheat the game (no actual in-game cheating involved). Now this is serious stuff and you could potentially screw up your pc if you don't do it right, so be warned.

First, you'll want to read EmperorSteele's FAQs that Aaron posted found at http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/FF7Movietweak.txt . It details how to hack your system registry to change where your game looks for the FMV files. Now follow these steps:

1. Once you've completed all the steps from the FAQs (including copying the files onto the harddrive), it's time to cheat the game. Find the particular video file that's giving you trouble, like for example the Weapon 0 movie is called "weapon0" and is found on Disk 2. Make a copy of that file and leave it in the same folder, in case you mess something up later on and need to revert to it. Delete the original, or if you don't want to risk that, rename the file to something like "weapon0garbage" or whatever you want to call it.

2. Now that you have a copy and a renamed file, find any other movie file in your folder to be used as a substitute file, for example, I chose the Squaresoft logo intro named "sqlogo". Make a copy of the file you choose and paste it in the same folder. Now, rename that copy EXACTLY as the corrupted video file was named. So with the Weapon 0 file, I would name the logo copy "weapon0". If your system says that there is already a file named that, you've done something wrong. Once this is done, load up your game and try to go through the trouble spot. You shouldn't have any problems and now you don't have to send your save file to someone else to do it for you. Unfortunately, it does prevent you from actually watching what the file is. Unless your movie file itself is corrupted (which would probably be the case) you could always view it outside of the game in windows media player.

Key things to remember: make sure that you type in the proper name for the substitute file, and don't delete or alter that file's original either. You'll still need it for whatever it does; you're just borrowing its copy to replace a messed up video. Hope this helps.

n-link

« Reply #221 on: 2005-12-09 21:14:57 »
Hey ppl, i have a really big prob.Simply, when i run the game it crashes.I dont know if this is normal, but is the cd2 of the game.I completed cd1, saved, and then i closed the game.Then i inserted the cd2, run the game, and it crashes..can u hel me?

chuachongchee

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2005-12-14 15:27:37 »
Quote from: n-link
Hey ppl, i have a really big prob.Simply, when i run the game it crashes.I dont know if this is normal, but is the cd2 of the game.I completed cd1, saved, and then i closed the game.Then i inserted the cd2, run the game, and it crashes..can u hel me?

did u save ur game properly?? u're supposed to remove/insert cds only when it tells u to do so...

ff7 crashes when u load ur particular save game or when the program loads?

Winter

« Reply #223 on: 2006-01-30 16:21:57 »
So, is there any way to fix that D3D block problem in FF8?

Hareoic

« Reply #224 on: 2006-02-02 01:28:18 »
Suddenly my game is crashing the computer.  It happens at random, though it tends to happen when the computer or the game has been running for a while.  The system shuts down and the screen turns black, the music continuing for a while before it loops like a record and then stops.  Any idea what's going on?