Author Topic: Help Needed: Frequent Crashes During Late-Game Boss Fights in FFVII Remake  (Read 1236 times)

tarboosh

• View Profile
I’m encountering a frustrating issue with Final Fantasy VII Remake and hoping someone here might have a solution. I’ve been playing through the game and recently started hitting a problem with frequent crashes during late-game boss fights, specifically during the battle against the Whisper Harbinger and the final fight with Sephiroth.

Issue Details:
  • Frequency of Crashes: The crashes occur intermittently but seem to happen more frequently during intense phases of the boss fights. I’ve experienced this issue around 5-6 times in the past few days.

• Timing of Crashes: The crashes usually occur during high-action moments, particularly when there are multiple special effects and large-scale attacks on screen. It seems to happen just as the boss executes a big move or when I use a Limit Break.

• Error Messages: There is no specific error message; the game simply freezes and then exits to the desktop. Sometimes, the screen goes black before the crash.
System Specs:
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Game Version: Latest update as of August 2024
Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
  • Verified the integrity of the game files through the game launcher.
  • Updated graphics drivers to the latest version.
  • Checked for overheating issues and cleaned the internal components of the PC.
  • Lowered graphics settings to reduce strain on the system.
  • Tried playing in windowed mode instead of fullscreen.
    Request for Assistance:
    Has anyone else experienced similar issues? If so, did you find any fixes or workarounds that helped stabilize the game during these critical moments? Any advice on additional steps I can take or settings I might need to adjust would be greatly appreciated.

I’m eager to finish the game but these crashes are making it quite challenging. Thanks in advance for your help![/list]