Author Topic: Somoene wanna look over this?  (Read 4381 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Somoene wanna look over this?
« on: 2004-04-17 16:14:44 »
I wrote a guide for letting people play movies off thier HD (instead of the CDs) in ff7.  It's catered to n00bs and other non techy people, so it's kinda long-winded with precautions and warnings.

Anyway, can someone fact-check this for me?  I'm pretty sure this is what I did to get the movies working, but I wanna make sure this is accurate before i inadvertantly make some idiot fuck up their comp.

http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/FF7Movietweak.txt

Any comments or suggestions, lemme have it =)

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-17 18:07:24 »
Worked for me but a spell check could be a good idea

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-17 18:19:47 »
You told them to go to Square Soft, Inc. right after opening HKLM, if this is for non-techy people, you need to remember to have them open "Software". HKLM/Software/Square Soft, Inc.

You may also want to make a note about the upside-down movies glitch, while it's not what you're targetting directly, it's similar, and having that information just might help someone out.

-Contra-

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-17 18:24:37 »
Well, sky_render actually already has a faq that covers this, but more can't hurt.

Anyway, yours is a much more entertaining read.
As appcal says, there *are* minor grammar errors. To wit:
While the movies and thier "quality"

faster than your CD drive .

then I appologize .

And no, I *havn't* figgured

Feel free to distibute this

as missing only one file will casue

And like i said before,

That anal enough for ya? =P

Except for that, not really much I can add to what's already been said.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-17 21:23:25 »
Good old Sky :)

ChibiTim

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-18 01:20:49 »
don't know why, but i did everything as instructed and i still get no video  :(  i'm running windows xp with 1.02 patch, and i tried various different movie folder places

edit: i got one location to work C:\ff7\movies

C:\movies didn't work though  :-?

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-18 09:44:51 »
Yeah good guide. Put the bit that says "remember the final \" in CAPS though 'cause that is the cause for 99% of the people coming on here and moaning they can't do it.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-18 14:29:42 »
=D

Thanks all!  Sreth, thanks for pointing out those typos.  I'm surprised there weren't more ^_^

And Contra: Thanks for that, i cant beleive i missed the "software" part. And i added a bit about upside-down movies, good idea =)

Chibitim: It should work in any directory, in theory.  Anyways, i've added a small blurb stating it as such, and that ff7\moives\ is really the only proven one to work.  Sorry about that, I'll check this out for myself =)

Jedimark: Done and then some!  I also put that in the troubleshooting area, as you're right, that's what messes people up (We're too used to URLs and not having to type a final slash!)

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-18 15:25:55 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele

Jedimark: Done and then some!  I also put that in the troubleshooting area, as you're right, that's what messes people up (We're too used to URLs and not having to type a final slash!)

Yeah... and what I think most people do is simply navigate to the movies directory in their hard disk and then copy and paste the address from explorer into regedit. (And explorer doesn't display the final slashes)