Author Topic: Game being picky about modded files -_-  (Read 3130 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Game being picky about modded files -_-
« on: 2004-04-21 04:55:30 »
Well, i got my hands on Alexx's p 2 raw converter, and i started playing around in milksape.. unfortunatly, my little modifications of the characters didn't go over too well.  The game refused to render them!  (ie, Tifa is now a pair of legs and a skirt with a floating pair of arms and a head)

There's 2 possible reasons for this: 1) i didn't convert back to the original file format correctly, (the p 2 raw only works one way, so i simply decided to rename it), or b, it doesn't like the largeer file size.

I'm not a great modler by any means, but i'm pretty sure i can get the characters to a decent high-res quality if i can get this to work.  Though Milkshape also doesn't seem to wanna support vertex shading, either, so it's not like I could color my modifications... =/

Any tips?

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-21 07:19:40 »
There could possibly be a problem with your textures.

Anyway, maybe there is a problem with the joints?

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-21 10:48:42 »
I would think it was the conversion method you chose that did it.  I am suprised it read Tifa at all though just by renaming it.  If it looked right in Milkshape then I could try and find Raw to .p convertor...

I am not good at modeling so this is probably the best advice I can give :)

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-21 11:21:35 »
That is exactly the problem, the information needs to be in the same format as .p files, not just have the same extention. Because, well, think of this, in the battle.lgp, the .p files don't even HAVE extensions.

-contra-

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-21 15:40:51 »
Yeah, i noticed that, and was mildly annoyed that i had to add the ".p" to all of the files to make p2 raw recognize them -_-

so now i ned a raw 2 p converter.. greeaaat.  Google, here I come!

PS: How WOULD i go about texturing these?  All the models in ff7 i think are vertex shaded, but Milkshape doesnt seem to have a vertex shading option...

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-22 01:54:37 »
PS: How WOULD i go about texturing these?

Sorry, I only know how to do that for field files. It *could* be similar with battle files, since there are some similiarities. But I haven't worked with them enough to know.