Author Topic: Getting character timing right...  (Read 3689 times)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Getting character timing right...
« on: 2004-05-13 12:59:32 »
Hi!

I'm sure that a lot of you know that the FMV that plays when Dyne and Barret get shot, that the character animations are completely out of sync. Is it possible to find out the character timing events when they are meant to appear and disappear and edit them?  :erm:

xeriouxi.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-13 19:32:07 »
this is pretty much the only problem with running fmvs off the HD, lol  the movie goes too fast =P

This should probably go under game tweaking, though.

As for your question, i dont know of any proggies that let us edit scenes in that manner... i guess you can rummage around ficedula's page and see if you can find something...

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-14 04:30:36 »
Steele, you're probably right in some respect, but I think that the PSX version also had some problems with the camera views being in sync, or at least consise with the FMV's. One example of this I can think of right off the top of my head is the opening video. It eventually goes into the zooming in of the red shinra guys standing by the train station. The soldiers kind of bounce around a little bit as the train comes in. If my memory doesn't fail me, this problem appears in both the PC version and the PS version. I haven't gotten very far in the PS version, so I can't really say whether the problem appears in the Dyne and Barret scene on the PS version. Does anyone know for sure?

Anyways, there's a LGP called "moviecam.lgp" that goes into the movies directory on the ff7 discs (or on your hard drive, whichever way you have ff7 set up). Inside, it contains the "intructions" for the camera movements of every ff7 movie. I wonder if it's possible to mess around with these instructions to gain decent results.  :-?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-20 13:27:16 »
That problem is an effect from running the movies off the hard disk? Hmm, I never knew that....

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Not really...
« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-21 19:52:18 »
Hi!

It's not that. You can run the movies from the CD and it will still give you the same problem. I'm sure that the moviecam.lgp file will almost certainly hold the properties for moving the characters in the movie files... but I haven't the slightest clue how to manipulate the file to do this.  :(

xeriouxi.

« Reply #5 on: 2004-05-23 03:38:13 »
As far as anybody was ever able to tell, coordinate info for characters that move on top of the movies is in the .cam files. Nobody's every took a crack at them and come away with anything, though.

An alternative fix to this synching issue might be to find the animations themselves and replace them. That itself presents all sorts of little headaches, but you might have better luck.