Author Topic: Chocobo Crash STILL happening  (Read 3485 times)

Mage246

• View Profile
Chocobo Crash STILL happening
« on: 2004-05-20 02:01:46 »
Before anyone gets the wrong impression.... yes I have d/led and installed the Chocobo Patch. And yes, for awhile it did work. However, now the error (if its the same one, that is) has returned. When I started a race, a Windows XP error emssage came up saying that the error was caused here:

AppName: ff7.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: winmm.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106    Offset: 00016efd

Hoping someone can tell me if this is the same as the earlier Chocobo problem, since I didn't even look at the message then.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-20 02:28:14 »
AFAIK, the earlier Chocobo problem wasn't an error message, the game would just lock up.

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-20 05:18:30 »
I always got an error message when it happened to me. "Final Fantasy 7 has encountereed an error and will be closed. etc etc. Would you like to send an error report?" and that whole thing. But I never paid enough attention to the specifics of the error to know if you're having the same one, sorry.

Mage246

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-20 06:00:53 »
What's your OS Aaron?

Also, I've been Chocobo racing a little more, but haven't had anymore problems, but I figured I'd post the error here anyway in case there was a problem with the patch. Since it hasn't recurred (yet) it might have just been a random bug.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-21 01:47:59 »
It had to be a random bug... Probably another Solar Flare. :-?

« Reply #5 on: 2004-05-23 03:30:07 »
[begin nitpicky/sniping pointing out the obvious mode]If you can't reproduce it, then how can you not chalk it up to a random happenstance?[/end]

Mage246

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-05-27 19:12:19 »
I was posting it because it was remarkably similar to my original Chocobo Race error that was solved by the Chocobo Patch. It happened at the exact same time (as near as I could tell), and a similar looking error window popped up.

I still occasionally have this error, but its not serious since it happens fairly rarely. Also, since it has now happened in other parts of the game (although it still occurs most frequently at the Chocobo races), I guess I'll have to chalk it up to some sort of problem different from the actual Chocobo Race error that the patch was created to stop.